CHAPTER 68

"So you did try to kill Y/n."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

reindeers have gold eyes in the summer that change to blue in the winter

____________________________________________

Y/n POV

"I didn't expect to find you in here."

I jumped at the sound of a voice interrupting the silence that was previously casted upon the room.  I turned around to see Zeno standing a few feet behind my chair. 

"Oh, hi Zeno, what are you doing here?"

"Who else in this house do you think would actually use the library?"

"Fair point..."

"Besides, I should be the one asking that," the white hair man stated, not moving from the place he stood.  "Shouldn't you be resting?  What was it that happened anyways?"

My ears started to feel warm, recalling the events of the night before.

Jeez, why did Kikyo have to poison me in front of the entire family?

My eye twitched at the thought of that devil woman.  Before I could get too deep into my thoughts a light cough was heard from the man I was facing, who was still awaiting an answer.

"Oh- uh the doctor said I was poisoned.  Severely poisoned... I ingested thallium sulfate or something."

Zeno raised his eyebrow at me.  "Rat poison?"

"...Yeah."

Shaking his head slightly, he turned to make his way further into the library, though still continuing the conversation.

"You've never reacted like that to any of the food in this house before."

"Yeah, but the family was fed a poison that was completely different," I explained.  "The doctor believes it was a deliberate attempt on my life." 

The man hummed before turning to face me again.

"Have any idea on who it might've been?"

I blinked at him a couple of times. 

There's no way I could just tell him it was Kikyo, besides he probably wouldn't believe me anyways.

"..no.  I don't."

3rd Person POV

Kikyo sat in her tea room, sipping on the fresh cup of chamomile she had just brewed for herself.

"I finally did it, any minute now and that whore will be gone for good," she said, smirking to herself.

Feeling smug, Kikyo failed to notice her oldest son had entered until she felt an overwhelming wave of bloodlust cloud the room.  Illumi loomed over where she was sitting, face darkened as he seethed on the inside.  Kikyo slowly turned around to face her son as the tea cup and saucer she was holding began to clink together from her trembling.

"Hello Illumi..w-would you like to join me?" The woman questioned. darting her eyes around the room.

Her gaze finally landed on the door behind Illumi, spotting Kalluto slightly peeking his head out from the doorway.

That little brat!

Her facial expression soured before Illumi spoke up.

"So you did try to kill Y/n."

Turning her attention back to her son, Kikyo started trembling once again and began to sweat nervously. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Not having it with her, Illumi grabbed his mother by the door and pulled her to stand up, the tea she was holding spilling onto the floor.

"Maybe next time you should make sure you're alone before thinking to yourself out loud."

He heard me!?

With those final words, Illumi began to drag Kikyo down the hallway, passing Kalluto who scurried off to avoid his mother's burning gaze.

"What are you doing!?  Let go of me this instant Illumi, you listen to your mother!"

The man ignored her complaints, stopping in front of a door before opening it.  

The torture room.

Without any hesitation, Illumi tossed his mother into the room before slamming the door shut and locking it from the outside.  He left without a single word, heading off to speak with his father while Kikyo banged her fist on the door in protest.

____________________________________________

that bitch kikyo is finally locked up mwa ha ha