꧁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 16꧂

➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪
𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰
I don't know why I haven't updated in over a month except I didn't have much inspiration so I just gave myself some time to get some back. I also had a couple doctor appointments I was going to over the past two weeks and I finally am taking some medicine for my ears and throat. I still have to schedule an appointment with a hematologist and we are still waiting on the doctors to call us back about my x-rays for my foot. So, there has been a lot happening but I haven't forgotten or lost complete inspo for this story and really want to continue. We have gained a few more reads since I've been gone and I want to say thank you to everyone. I really appreciate you all sticking with me and taking the chance on this story. Now without further delay, lets see what Miles and the gang is up to.
𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰𓅰
➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪
    The sound of doors slamming make me whine at being woken up. My head rolls on the cool window as I sit up slowly squinting my eyes to see through the darkness. I rub my eyes with the back of my hand and a yawn breaks through my sleep hazed mind. Zane lightly taps my shoulder from the back seat as he is also rubbing the sleep from his eyes with balled up hands. I turn my head slightly to look at him and see he has a slight pout on his face with hooded eyes.
    "Hmm?," I hum out as as I lean my head back against the seat shutting my eyes wanting to go back to sleep. I didn't notice that Rosie wasn't in the car anymore and it was just Zane and I.
    "We go ni ni, now?"
    I nod my head slowly as I started to doze off again until Zane whined shaking my shoulder telling me to wake up to go in the house.
    I groan out at being disturbed again but I also wanted to sleep in a bed instead of the car; so, I step out of the car with half-lidded eyes and make my way to Shanes house with Zane trailing behind me clutching onto my shirt. We make our way into the house and hear a bunch of hushed voices arguing suddenly halt as we walk into the living room together. I look around me to see Rosie and Shane at each other's neck with Danny trying to push them apart, while Ann is sitting hunched over on the couch rubbing her temples.
    I let out a yawn, before saying, "We sleep now," as I walk over to Rosie and Shane to grab their hands before tugging them down the hallway to the large movie room we all were planning to sleep in.
    I see Rosie and Shane look a each other with disdain but they let me pull them along without so much as a word. Large, circle, dark grey and tan couches littered with large pillows and blankets lined the walls of the in home theater room. The carpet was a black carpet that had shimmery stars that could be turned on and off. I let go of their hands as we enter the room but Zane stays glued to me with a thumb in his mouth that had somehow along the way made its way in his mouth.
    Standing around for a minute, I choose a couch near the door that had a dragon and dolphin stuffie along with the fluffiest blankets and made my way over to it. There were enough couches in the room for everyone to have their ouch but Zane just slid onto the couch along with me grabbing the dolphin stuffie before turning on his side and falling asleep with soft snore falling from his slightly parted lips. I sat up on the side of the bed trying to take off my sneakers but the laces kept escaping my fingers and my sleep fogged eyes were only adding to my struggle. I whined out as tears started to gather in my eyes and my foot stomped the ground.
    Rosie's voice came out soft and calm as kneeled in front of me, saying, "Hear, I'll help you. You're probably too sleepy to even see what you're doing. It's really late for the two little babies to be up, so it only make sense, right?," as she peels off my shoes lightly before setting them neatly on the floor.
    I wiggle my toes to stretch them before scooting up onto the couch and laying down to face Zane. I shut my eyes as Rosie drapes the large fluffy dark red covers over us and tucks us in. I hear her footsteps come over to the side of the couch above my head before I feel her hands running through my hair gently.
    Her small hands gently massage my head and hair gently as she softly tells me, "Get some sleep, honeybun. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow and you're gonna need all the energy you can get...You are so precious."
    I was already sleep before I could hear everything she said or when she stopped stroking my hair. The early morning passed with everyone huddled on the couches sleeping off the previous hectic night that was going to change everyone that very day. Hearts were going to opened, tears were going to be shed, voices were going to be raised, laughter would ring out, feelings would get hurt but in the end everyone would be true to themselves and all their friends. Barriers are only put up when one has things to hide or things they can't say just yet; understanding those barriers and where to go from there is what will decide your next step.
Sudden Third person POV
    There were no early morning riser today; there were just those that sat nestled into the covers as they browsed through their phone until they noticed they weren't the only ones awake. There was an obvious tension in the air the no one wanted to address, so instead everyone opted to make jokes about what they saw on their phones or poke fun at each other quietly until others slowly started to wake up and comment on what they had just heard. The last two to wake up were Zane and Miles, and when they did they laid quietly whispering to each other about the new game Miles had on his phone from the fae man. They took turns playing the game until they grew board of it and decided that they had to use the bathroom which they took turns doing.
    Miles was still regressed, which was a surprise to everyone but it was a new side of him that they all had yet to experience fully. Zane was also regressed but this time a bigger age, than when he is sleepy. The group had yet to discuss with Miles about what he was comfortable with or what ages he regresses to. Miles didn't know what ages he regressed to since he was still in the processes of discovering his little side but Rosie had noticed it was more stable than she had previously thought. Rosie had thought it was going to be a lot of ages since he had been fitting with his regression for so long but she was delighted to find out it wasn't true.
Note: Unstable regression can cause a lot of problems and should be dealt with immediately through therapy and learning what causes the unstable regression. Although regression is loved by many it is also a very sensitive and fragile state of mind that needs to monitored but it doesn't mean that one can't have fun while regressed. It is a mental trauma response but it is also a way for some to deal with stress and helps in countless of ways and is different for each person.:End of Note
    After everyone had taken their showers and cleaned up the theater room, everyone began filing into the kitchen to find something to eat as it was now 2 in the afternoon and no one had eaten except for some water to help with the hangovers Ann and Danny had. Miles was pretty quiet as Zane showed him some of his favorite shows he liked to watch while regressed. The pair was in their own world oblivious to the dilemma the others were having.
End of Sudden Third person POV.
    "I don't know what I want to eat!!," Ann groaned out as she laid her head on the island looking at the pair of boys sitting at the end of the island that were engrossed i    n a video that was called something puppycat.
    I looked at Ann with a shake of my head and grabbed some frozen French toast with a carton of eggs along with the plant based sausages Shane liked to eat. He wasn't a vegan or vegetarian but his parents had gotten in the habit of get a lot of plant based things as an option. I was glad they did now because I know Miles doesn't eat pork since he Grammy doesn't like the smell and thinks they are filthy creatures and their meat is riddled with parasites. Well, at least thats what she told me. I'm not a huge fan of meat; never was since I was younger. I eat beef and seafood mostly since they taste the best to me and don't have a ton of veins in them. I eat chicken but only if it was cooked right, and with at least some type of seasoning.
    "Cook these for you three," I say motioning towards Miles and Zane as I place the items in front of Ann, "and anyone else that wants some."
    She groans out, "Why do I have to do it? You've got too hands," before poking my in my side.
    "Haha, I have to go get something from the car and I would like y'all to eat so I can sit down. I'll take over once I come back in. Plus you need to work off the hangover you got. Do that for me alright, Ann, thanks."
    I slip out of the kitchen quickly to grab a jacket to put over my tank top and Dannys keys that I hadn't the slightest idea where they were at. After about 10 minutes looking, I found them by Miles shoes almost all the way under the couch. I must've put them down when I was helping him take off his shoes... He was so precious last night!!!! I wanted to squish his cheeks and face but he had a long night that I was going to have to go over with everyone eventually but I'll let everyone get their bearings first. His hair had become a wild mess after last night and his sleeping but he didn't seem to notice that it was...to the least...a birds nest.
    After grabbing the small bag I had nestled into the car last night I head back into the house to see Miles and Zane were eating quietly with Octonauts playing in front of them loudly. I stand at the entrance of the room and observe the small family that become a large part in my life and I knew I was going to have to be the one to break the ice on what happened last night.
    I brush the thought aside as I walk up behind Miles and Zane ruffling their hair, asking, "Is it good?"
    They both nod their head not bother to turn their faces away from the screen and I chuckle before asking them if they wanted a strawberry smoothie afterwards.
    To which Zane turned around quickly, saying around a mouth full of food, "I wan swom!!"
    "Okay, will do but don't talk with you're mouthful, you could choke," I say patting his chin lightly, before turning to Miles who was staring at his food now, "And what about you, honeybun?"
    His head snaps up quickly before nodding his head with a small smile on his face. He must've been lost in thought.
    "Okay," I say softly before walking away to make the smoothie. I look up to see Shane, Danny, and Ann looking at me.
    Tilting my head I make my way over to the fridge to grab the fruit, milk and yogurt. I try to ignore their burning gaze at the back of my head but after placing everything in the blender and putting the timer on I turn to them with my arms crossed.
    "Why are y'all boring holes into the back of my head? Spit it out," I say shaking my head at their nervousness. They are usually more loose lipped; what has gotten into them?
    "We are going to have to address last night, aren't we?," Danny says as he shovels cereal into his mouth.
    "Yeah, I know I'm not the only one who has questions as to what happened last night and regarding other things too," Shane says motioning his head towards Miles and Zane.
    "I want to know everything that went down last night, too. I only remember certain things and also wasn't that man the same guy we saw at the diner. Who is he? And how did Miles come to be with him?," Ann jumps in as she walks her plate to the sink.
    I let their questions sink in as the finished smoothie beeps, and Zane bounces up and over to me with the bag that I had left discarded on the counter.
    Turning to him, I say, "Thank you, jellybean. You must recognize the bag," with a smile as I take out two sippy cups that I carried around just in case they were to need them.
    Zane had picked them out with me while Miles was away for therapy; one galaxy themed and the other ocean themed. He picked out the ocean one for himself and the galaxy one for Miles since their taste weren't exactly the same.
    "Mhm! I remember the bag from last time. Even though I'm not little still, I want to drink with Miles so he doesn't feel left out," he says looking down at his shuffling feet.
    "Well, that is very sweet of you, Z. Why don't you guys go sit in the living room with the smoothie? Is that okay, Shane?"
    "Knock yourselves out," he says with a mouth full of banana.
    "Gross dude," Zane says laughing before taking the cups into the living room with Miles trailing behind him.
    Miles stops not turning around, saying, "Thank you, Rosie," before leaving out of the room.
    I laugh lightly at the ridiculousness of everything, before saying, "No need to thank me, hon. I like helping as much as I can."
     He never ceases to surprise me, but at least it will make everything go a little smoother. I shake my head before grabbing some smoothie and heading out the kitchen knowing everyone else was going to follow suit. I knew Miles was going to want to lead this so I sat on the couch beside him while he sat on the fluffy cream carpet next to Zane watching a random YouTube video of a game. I sip my smoothie as everyone gets comfortable; this was going to be a long one and there was no easy way for this to go down. I had yet to know what went down yesterday; the mysterious man made that a point that Miles would have to be the one to tell us. He said it wasn't his place to say, so I left it at that since it was too late...well early...whatever.
    "You can go ahead, Miles," Zane says as shutting of the phone once he sees everyone was ready to delve into exactly what happened.
    "Oh, okay," his regular gravely voice came out calm and somber.
    He cleared his throat before continuing, "I don't anyone to get upset at anyone. We were all at fault last night whether you want to believe you had nothing to do with it or not. We didn't make a clear plan together, and that was definitely the first mistake. I really appreciate Rosie trying explain everything to me, however, it was rushed and seeing as I've done anything like that before I thought I would at least have some say in what was to happen. Nevertheless, it went the way you all have been doing it before I was here, but it would've been better for me if we all could've at least stayed together; at least in the beginning. Zane was the one that was the least at fault last night; there is no arguing that. He stuck with me the whole time, until I insisted that I leave by myself. I should've never left by myself and I hope next time Zane will stop me if it were to ever happen again."
    "I made the mistake of leaving the group and not taking Zane. I let myself become vulnerable."
    Danny cuts in saying, "If that bastard man did anything-,"
    I hush him before telling Miles to go on and narrowing my eyes at Danny.
    "No worries, nothing like anything you're thinking happened. Honestly, I am utterly grateful to him for everything he did for me last night. He is the only reason, I am sitting here right now but I probably shouldn't say that. Regardless, I overestimated my progress of what I can and cannot do. I was hesitant but I didn't wan tot miss out on an opportunity to hang out with everyone. I hadn't talked or seen you all since my last mental breakdown; for which I'm sorry for."
    This time I go to cut in, but Miles pats my sock-clad foot before saying, "I know. I know. I shouldn't be sorry about something that I couldn't control but I needed to address that and it was presented to you guys without any warning just as it came suddenly on me with out any warning. I didn't talk to you all face-to-face like I aught to have, but now we are so I'll cover everything that happened last night and more. I'll answer any questions that you may have, after I finish telling my story on how I came to be the person I am today. But, for now let's go over what happened last night."
    "I honestly, would go again with you guys because I trust you and I would like to retry again when I've tested myself in a less confined and dark area. I don't want you guys to beat yourselves up over what you are about to hear because it would've happened regardless; maybe not as serious as it was last night but it would've happened."
    Miles then goes on to tell us everything that had occurred while we were either high or drunk on alcohol and the music. I try not to beat myself up but by the end of the recap I have picked the nail polish off of almost all of my nails. I was reconsidering if I had the right to call myself or have others call me the 'mother' of the group. What kind of 'mother' lets one of their kids go off by themselves in a dangerous unknown environment? I had a lot to think about when I went home today, but for now I was going to focus on everyone else.
    I look around the room seeing the solemn faces on everyone and Zane tearing up as he clutches onto Miles hands. I brush my hair out of my face as I sit my empty mug on the coffee table clearing my throat of any tension.
    "I-i am truly sorry, Miles. I hope I can speak for everyone on this count that we weren't the friends you needed last night; with the exception of Zane. We left you knowing this was your first time and even without knowing the details on why you had to leave for so long, we understood you left for therapy. We are hugely at fault here and I'm hoping you can forgive us for our stupidity and utter disregard of what you may have wanted the night to go," Ann blurts out as she forces herself to hold back the tears she wanted to shed.
    "You should've come to us if you felt the need to leave, Miles. I don't quite understand why you would want to leave without letting us ALL know first," Danny chimes in as his brow furrows in confusion.
    "Did you not just hear what he said, Danny?! HE COULDN'T. HE WAS HAVING A PANIC ATTACK," Shane says bitterly.
    "Yea, I heard, d*ckwad! But, Zane also should've told us that he had left, instead of waiting till some large, mafia-looking stranger came and told us he was waiting for us!"
    "I made a mistake alright! I had alcohol too. I wasn't in the right mind and I just went back to dancing..." Zane says as his face stars to get red letting me know he was about to yelling and crying.
    "OKAY!," I say loudly as I clap my hands loudly, "Danny just asked a question; that wasn't very thought out clearly but nonetheless was a question. Shane, I know you are bitter and angry with yourself seeing as we all are upset with ourselves but do not take it out on each other! Zane knows what he did wrong and like we all are; reflecting on what we did wrong. Now, you all are make me frustrated at your lack of control but I understand we all wish last night didn't happened but it did and that isn't going to change."
    I sit back running my hands through my hair at the stupidity of me even having to say this to them. Miles clears his throat and stands up slowly.
    "I'm going to grab some water, and then I'll come back to tell you all everything; if you are up to hearing me out. I don't have an easy past, and quite frankly I couldn't speak or even think about my past but now I am able to. I still struggle with it but I want you all to know where I come from and hopefully this will answer at least some of your questions; if not all. If you are easily triggered then, it is best you don't hear my story but I am hoping you all will hear me out; at least until you don't want to hear anymore. I will not shatter or break if you ask me questions but I will ask that you have to decency to not dig at my trauma with insensitive questions; which I have no doubt you won't do. Well, my shrink tells me to say this if I'm ever going to tell anyone. We all should stretch our legs before we sit down again; it's going to be a long one," Miles finishes off with an awkward chuckle as he walks out if the living room leaving us all in silence.
    Shane is the first to get up and leave and then everyone follows suit except Zane who inches closer to me, before saying, "I feel so bad."
    He lays his head back against the couch cushion, as I say, "Yea...We all do. We weren't the best friends Miles deserves, like Ann said. I regret everything so much, and I am almost tempted to say I don't want to hear his story but I know it will do us all so good; mostly him."
    "Why can't we?"
    "This may be the only time that he is willing to share his story and I'm hoping this will bring us all closer. And maybe, just maybe we all will share ours with him. I mean not that mine will be anything interesting, seeing I've lived a decent life. But thats for everyone to decide individually."
    "Yea...I know you are beating yourself up the most right now. The others may not think anything of it right not but I know you are going to to beat yourself up over it more than anyone. You aren't responsible for our actions and we all don't blame anything on you. You were the first person to make a good decisions while we all forgot. You aren't perfect, Rosalie, you make mistakes even if you may not want to. I know just how much you beat yourself up, when Miles left. You studied like crazy and even changed your senior project to try and research more. Stop beating yourself up, and forgive yourself. Miles forgives you and I'm pretty sure it hasn't crossed his mind even once that it was your fault; for either of these situations. You're only human."
    I sit in silence as I take in what Zane said before patting his head saying, "Thanks, Z. I appreciate it," and getting up to stretch.
    I wipe away my tears and walk outside to stand on the porch with Danny who was smoking.
    "I thought you quit."
    "Yea, well I feel like shit. So," he says taking an extra long drag before snuffing it out in the gravel and standing up.
    "Yea...Let's head inside now."
    "Let's rip off that bandaid."
    "Mmm."
''''
''''
Word Count: 4246 ( Not edited)
''''
''''