꧁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7꧂

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
Hi, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays chapter and will be sticking around for more. I wanted yesterdays chapter to be a chapter where we were just learning more about Rosie and Miles. It wasn't too difficult to write and I enjoyed exploring my options on how to get them to interact more with each other. There hadn't been many meaningful encounters so I wanted them to start becoming comfortable around each other. I hope you were able to tell the difference in Miles when he was impurely regressed and when he was no longer regressed. I want it to be at least somewhat clear—well as clear as I can get it because being regressed isn't always obvious. But enough of me rambling on, I hope you will enjoy this chapter and any feedback is always welcomed.
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
A voice floats through the endless darkness. Beckoning me with a honeyed tone. I find myself nestling deeper into the darkness as the honey-dipped voice soothes me beyond compare. Soft strokes caress my back in a rhythm so calming it makes me not want to leave the darkness but I know I have to. A still slightly sleep brain makes me inch more towards the hand and voice in hopes of staying in the bliss a little longer.
As the sleep slowly slips away the voice begins to form words, "Hey, Miles. You got to get up hon...I don't want to leave you here seeing as I said I would be here when you woke."
I crack open my eyes letting in the sunlight breaking away the last of the darkness. Sitting up I stretch with a muffled groan as my back pops from being hunched over. The heels of my hands make their way to my eyes to rub away the rest of my fatigue. Blinking slowly I turn my head in the direction the honeyed voice was coming from, to find Rosie sitting with all of her things packed away. Her slightly red lips are stretch into a small smile as she gazes with a hidden emotion that appeared in her eyes just an hour before. The long brown locks that cascaded down her back were now up in a large bun at the back of her head accompanied by stray baby hairs shaping her face. Legs crossed at the ankles—Head on one hand with an elbow resting on the table—Her pale lilac dress rested perfectly on her soft figure and coming just below her knees. I crack a small tired smile at her hoping she isn't just a figment of my imagination as I was still slightly sleeping. It usually takes me around 10 minutes to get my head on straight again.
"How'd you sleep? You were dead to the world," Rosie giggles lightly as she reaches into her pocket pulling out a stick of strawberry flavored chapstick.
"Probably the best sleep I've had since school started, to be honest," I tell her scratching the back of my head as I raise my eyebrows. It'd been the best sleep I've had in a while, but I wouldn't let her know that now. I don't want to come off as creepy.
"Yea, I can tell. You don't look as sleep-deprived. From the few times I've met with you, you seem to always be having an eternal battle and desperately in need of some shut-eye."
"Huh, well I guess I was doing a terrible job of hiding it," I say with an awkward chuckle. Well, that's embarrassing.
"No, it's probably the exact opposite. I'm just good at noticing different things that most people don't look for. So, don't sweat it, you're doing great if you want to hide your struggle; which is what most of us want to do anyway. The bell rang a few minutes ago though, you were not easy to wake up."
"If you say so. I am a pretty heavy sleeper, it is both a blessing and a gift. Sorry, you had to stay back and wake me. Next time, just leave me here I don't want to be the cause you are late," I tell her standing up causing the wooden legs of the chair to scrap the carpet. I push in the chair grabbing my discarded backpack slinging it onto my shoulder.
She shakes her head standing up and tells me, "Oh no, hon. I wouldn't do that even if you had told me to do that in the first place. Plus, you wouldn't fully go to sleep until I had told you that I wouldn't leave you here and would wake you up when the bell rang. I don't mind being a few minutes late to class, anyway. If anything it gave me a few more minutes to rest my aching brain from all of the work."
"What do you have to work on so intensely, anyway? We just started the school year," I saw following her out of the library.
"Well, I am a year ahead of you so that is part of the reason but I am working on my senior project. There is a lot I have to sort out so I'm working on it a bit earlier than everyone else."
"Aah okay, that makes sense. I don't know what I'm going to do for the senior project, or if I'm even going to do it."
"Why wouldn't you do it? Do you not want to?"
"Well, I don't have anything I want to do. There isn't anything that interests me that would be worthy of a good senior project."
"Well, a 'good senior project' can be subjective in terms of who you are asking. So tell me what are you interested in them?" Rosie questions me as we reach her locker.
Leaning against the locker beside hers, I tell her, "I love mythical creatures, folklores, the sky, the moon, horror movies; things like that."
"See that sounds awesome and very interesting. I think either of those things would be a very good senior project," Rosie informs me as she puts away somethings from her bag and replaces them with more things.
"I don't think so. I mean what I find interesting may not be what others find interesting."
"Who are you doing the senior project for? I don't think you are doing it for anyone else except for yourself. It helps you to discover what you are interested in and helps you plan for the future. So in terms of if others will find it interesting, I don't think it matters but if you want others to enjoy your project along with you then I can be one of those others."
I stay silent. I hadn't thought of it that way, I'll have to think about it.
"I would love to continue talking on this matter but I have to get to class sadly. I am already 15 mins late, thanks to a certain sleepyhead."
"Oh yea, sorry," I say smoothing down the back of my hair while look at the shiny floors.
"I'm just messing with you, Miles. I enjoyed the extra minutes of not learning but I do have to say goodbye for now," she says laughing as she walks to a brown door a few lockers down.
Taking my hand from my hair I wave to her and turn to head to my locker as I text Grammy to see if she is outside. She tells me she is on her way now and will be here in a few minutes. I place my barely full bag into the confined space and head out into the chilly weather to wait. I see Zane sitting on one of the benches so I head over to talk to him seeing as there is nothing else to do and I have no friends.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Oh! Hey, Miles!" He burst into a large smile and pats the space beside him. I take a seat and look at Zane waiting for him to answer.
"I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to come to pick me up, which is taking him a long time."
"Oh okay, I'm just waiting for my Grammy to pick me."
"You didn't drive today?"
"Nah, I was too sleep-deprived today," I motion to my neck. His face is flooded with many emotions, worry, sadness, shock, and others. Here comes the flood of questions.
"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry...I didn't even notice. I can be a little oblivious to things, it's a really bad habit. I get told a lot that one day my negligence is going to cause a problem; either for myself or others but I think that a little dramatic," he says nervously, "But I hope you are safe! If there is anything I can do to help just let me or any of our friends know. How'd it happened? If you don't mind me asking."
"Yea there isn't much to it. It looks worse than it is. I did it in my sleep, I had one of my night terrors. And since it was self-inflicted, I would say I am safe seeing as I can't escape from myself," I say chuckling trying to lighten the sudden sodden mood.
"Wow, so it is as bad as it looks. That's pretty scary. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I mean I know we haven't known each other even a week but you seem to be chill so if you need anything ever don't hesitate to ask," Zane looks at me with a serious expression as he puts a hand on my sweatpants covered knee.
"Thanks, man, I appreciate it. I've had to deal with it for a long time so I'm used to this but I'll keep it in mind," I say smiling, "Also this is the first time I've seen you so serious; you're always smiling or happy at least." Zane takes his hand from my knee and rubs his thighs while laughing out loud.
"Yea, I usually am pretty cheerful despite my...unique look," he says gesturing to his multiple piercings and almost completely black outfit with hints of red littered throughout.
"I was pretty shocked when I first saw you, but it is refreshing." Just then my Grammy pulls up and honks the horn makes our heads turn towards the noise.
"Before you leave, give me your number so I can put you in the group chat with everyone."
I give him my number saying goodbye and head to the car. Getting in the car I am met with a gust of warm air that makes my skin burst out in goosebumps. I moan slightly and hop in quickly so I don't let any of the air escape.
"Hey, Grammy," I say kissing her cheek lightly before buckling up the seatbelt.
"You look better than you did this morning?" She says questioningly as she eyes me from the corner of her eye. As she pulls off I crack the window to stick a hand out the window waving to Zane as his boyfriend pulls on his motorcycle.
"Mhm, I feel a little better. I had to take some anxiety meds again then I just napped in the school library for one period." I leave out that I hadn't gone to either of my classes because I wouldn't hear the end of it. She would lecture me the whole ride home and I didn't want to deal with that.
She mumbles thinking I wouldn't hear her, "Should've just stayed you're stubborn but home."
I roll my eyes jokingly as I chuckle and pull out my phone to check my messages. For the next 15 mins, I scroll through social media while occasionally texting in the group chat. I want to make friends this year so if being active in the group chat was the way then that is what I would do. Looking up from my phone as the car comes to a halt and is turned off, I see we are in front of a clothing store. I turn my head towards Grammy to ask why we are stopping her but she is already getting out of the car. I watch her walk around to my side of the car and look in the window at me as if to say get out. I tuck my phone back into the pocket of my sweats and exit the warmth of the car into the chilled outside.
"Why are we here Grammy? I thought we were heading home."
"Hush up child and follow me. You never want to go anywhere, all you ever do is go to get food and the gym."
"What else is there to do in the small town besides that? Plus, I have no friends so don't even mention that" I stroll next to her into the clothing store and the scent is what you would imagine. The scent of sweat, feet, and new clothes. The aroma that all of the clothing stores in this town have.
"There is plenty to do you just haven't made the effort of befriending any of those meatheads you workout with," she says condescendingly as she moves down the aisle to the baby section.
"They are meatheads, which is exactly the reason you told me not to befriend them," I scoff lightly, "Why are we in the baby aisle? Is this you're a way of telling me you're pregnant? Are the old ovaries still working?"
"You choose to listen to me on things like that but ignore me on the important things. Your mothers' traits come through in you at times like this," she spins around quickly halting me in my stride, "And no I'm not pregnant. I didn't even want you, but your foolish mother left you to me. One of my close friends; you know her, Marie, her daughter is having a little boy and invited us over for the baby shower."
"Wait, but why do I have to go?" I question as we resume walking and looking through clothes.
"Because she knows you and knows you don't go anywhere nor have any friends. It just so happened that her daughter has a son that is about your age. She wants you to keep him company upstairs while the women and girls are enjoying the party."
"But—"
She interrupts me saying, "This isn't up for discussion, Miles. You are coming to keep her son company end of the story. There will be food and dessert so that should help motivate you a little more. Now hush and help me pick some things out for the little one."
I groan under me breathe and start looking through the isles for something. I don't understand why I have to go. I could just stay home and...do what I always do...Okay well, maybe I do need to get out of the house.
"When is this anyway Grammy? I need to work out a day before so I can have a cheat day."
"It's Saturday, so in about 3 days. It's enough time to get everything ready."
Hmm, I guess I got enough time. Oh, this is just my style and is great kids. I pick up a neutral-colored blanket bundle with a green turtle as a bonus. The blanket is big enough to wrap a two year old and soft enough for a newborn. It is brown and orange leaf-patterned with a pale background of a forest accompanied by a newborn onesie and hat to match. I look for a pacifier and bottle to match only to end up not finding anything that matches. I get a little disappointed at not finding anything else so I just grab some diapers, wipes, and a beige baby bag. I met back up with Grammy and find her with a couple of outfits that are all woodland themed too. I guess it's on our blood to be attracted to more calm colored things.
"I see you picked out some things. I thought you were against going but look at you," Grammy says as we head to the checkout.
"Had a change of heart," I say jokingly even though I did exactly what she told me to do. I didn't hate picking out the clothes so there is no use in lying about it.
"Mhm. We're up next, put it on the belt."
We exit the store with the baby's goods and head to a nearby Chinese restaurant because neither of us wanted to cook seeing as it was getting dark by the time we exited the store. Time always seems to fly by quickly when shopping. Finally, we make it home and I'm met with a very upset Lemon. She meows loudly as she weaves in and out of my legs as I take off my slides.
"We left you home for longer today, huh? I'm sorry Lemon," I pick her up and stroke her soft fur with one hand as I head to the kitchen to place the food down.
"You spoil her too much, that's why she doesn't know how to let us live our life. Gone for a few hours and she gets upset."
"She's my baby, Grammy. How can you say no to this little face?" I turn Lemons' face towards her, and Lemon chimes in by meowing sweetly.
"Oh, my," Grammy says as she rolls her eyes and heads to the sink to wash her hands.
I place Lemon and the food down heading over to fill up her bowl with fresh water along with some hard food. She jumps down from the chair and immediately heads over to eat after curling herself around my legs a few times. I wash my hands and dig into the food as I hadn't eaten all day except for a few fruit snacks from Rosie. I head upstairs to shower away the grime of the day after putting the leftovers away and kissing Grammy goodnight. I undress throwing my clothes in the weaved hamper in the corner of my room and jump in the shower within a few seconds. I finish the night you watching a comedy movie snuggles up Lemon while dressed in a large graphic tee, shorts, and some long moon socks. I doze off within the first 30 mins of the movie and don't wake up till the next morning without any interruptions.
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
        Word Count: 2975
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
𝙷𝚎𝚢, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎! 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚘 @CheongDaeYoung 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢♡︎♡︎ 𝙸'𝚖 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖. 𝚂𝚘 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎. 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍. 𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚒𝚐. 𝙰𝚕𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑, 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝟹 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜. 𝚆𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎. 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚊 𝙿𝙾𝚅 𝚘𝚏 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚎, 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸𝚖 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚝. 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎, 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚎. 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎, & 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚜 ❤︎