Elevator Kiss

Audrey's POV

"Yeah. Yeah." My dad was on the phone with someone. "Yes, I understand. Has anyone been hurt?"

"Wait, has anyone called the fire department?" Charlotte was on another phone talking to someone. "What do you mean they're at a softball game? All of them?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm on my way." My dad told the person on the phone. "But go ahead and call the police. Tell them to bring a tranquilizer gun." My dad told Charlotte.

My dad paused for a moment. "What do you mean the police are all playing softball? Oh, they're playing the fire department."

"What?!" Charlotte exclaimed in frustration. "Okay, just tell me what floor it's stuck on."

I heard the elevator come down with a familiar voice screaming. The elevator dinged and Henry stood up and walked out to the Man Cave.

"Hey, I'm here." Henry walked over to me.

"We have two emergencies." I informed Henry.

"Woah. What's going on?" Henry asked.

"There's a vicious alligator running wild through Swellview Park." My dad began.

"What's a vicious alligator doing in Swellview Park?" Henry walked over to my dad.

"Running wild." My dad repeated.

"And somebody's stuck in an elevator on the 79th floor of the Nakatomi Tower." Charlotte finished.

"Ooh, yikes. What are we going to do?" Henry turned to my dad.

"I'll go rescue the person from the stuck elevator. You and Audrey go get that alligator." My dad patted my back before walking to the tubes.

"No, no, no. No way, dad." I told my dad.

"You can't make Henry and Audrey go get a wild alligator by themselves." Charlotte told my dad which made him stop dead in his tracks.

"All right, fine. We'll flip for it." My dad pulled out a coin and turned to us. "I call heads."

When my dad threw the coin in the air, Henry hit it away.

"I'm taking that quarter out of your paycheck." My dad informed Henry.

"Dude, you're indestructible. You go get that alligator." Henry huffed.

"Okay, fine. I get the elevator, you guys get the alligator." My dad remarked.

"Good." I crossed my arms. "Wait."

My dad pointed to me and laughed. "You almost fell for it! That alligator would've killed you both."

Henry, my dad, and I all started to laugh.

"Guys, go rescue people!" Charlotte reminded us.

"Right." My dad remembered as we pulled out our bubblegum tube containers.

"Let's chew, then do." I told them.

We put the bubblegum into our mouths.

"Nice one." Henry exclaimed.

I shrugged and smiled. We ran to the tube slots and popped our bubblegum which turned us into our superhero selves.

I hugged Kid Danger's waist as we tapped our belt buckles. The tubes went down around us.

"Up the tube!" We all yelled.

• • •

Kid Danger and I got to the elevator.