Captain Jerk

Audrey's POV

I scrolled through the tweets about my dad in the Man Cave because now people are calling Captain Man 'Captain Jerk' because he smashed a lemonade stand.

"Ooh, here's a good one." Schwoz said.

"Read it." My dad answered.

"Captain Man, the only difference between you and a box of poop is the box." Schwoz read.

Screams could be heard and the elevator doors opened. Henry and Charlotte ran over to the couch, breathing heavily.

"We're here!" Charlotte announced.

"Did you guys see the news?" Henry breathed heavily.

"Yeah, we saw the news. Everyone hates me now." My dad groaned.

"Well, why did you smash those kids' lemonade stand?" Charlotte asked.

"A dollar a cup's not that much." Henry shook his head.

"I didn't smash their lemonade stand because of the price!" My dad objected.

"Then why'd you do it?" Henry asked.

"Because after the little girl said, 'one dollar', I noticed a spider on the lemonade stand." My dad explained. "A red jabber!"

"A red jabber?" Henry gasped.

"Those are deadly!" Charlotte reminded.

"I know!" My dad shouted. "That's why I smashed it before it could hurt those kids."

"Ohhh." Henry and Charlotte both realized.

Schwoz stood up. "Well, then I say, who cares? So what if everybody hates you now?"

"I'm a superhero. I don't want to be hated by everyone." My dad protested.

"Well, you are." Schwoz shrugged.

"Ugh! What am I going to do?" My dad complained.

"Why don't you just make a video apologizing?" Charlotte suggested.

"Yeah, that's gooood." Henry agreed. "The public loves it when famous people beg for forgiveness."

"No! No! I did nothing wrong!" My dad protested. "I don't care what people think of me!"

- - - - - - -

Captain Man was shown on the monitor. "I'm Captain Man, and I care very much what you, the people, think of me. So, most of you have seen the viral video of me in which I used a mailbox to demolish a lemonade stand run by two small children. Since then I've read many of your comments, very hurtful comments, some suggesting that I should do things to myself, some of which are physically impossible. But that video didn't tell the real story. You see, I spotted a dangerous spider, and I used that mailbox to beat the spider to death. That's the truth. And if any of you were upset by the video, I am truly sorry."

My dad used the monitor counter as a drum kit in excitement and turned over to us in the Man Cave. "Huh?"

"That was perfect." I grinned.

"Yeah?" My dad looked at me, continuing to smile.

"For sure." I nodded.

"You nailed it!" Schwoz told my dad.

"Thanks, guys." My dad thanked. "Hey, go online and check what people are saying about me now."

"Yeah. Sure." Henry pulled out his phone as everyone else pulled out their devices.

"Internet!" Schwoz exclaimed and sat down.

All of our smiles faded when we checked the comments.