Dodging Danger

Audrey's POV

"That was pretty great." I giggled and let go of Kid Danger's waist when the tubes went up. I looked in front of me and to my surprise, I saw Jasper jumping on a small trampoline while Charlotte and Schwoz threw dodgeballs at them. What did I miss?

"Hey guys, guess what just happened— Ah! My nose!" Captain Man cried out and held onto his nose when a dodgeball bounced off the wall and hit him in the face.

"Who threw that ball?! Kid Danger asked them all while they stared blankly at him.

"Yeah, who?! I mean, I'm okay... but who?!"

Schwoz looked around anxiously before pointing to Charlotte and shouting, "Eh... Charlotte!"

"I didn't throw that ball!" She protested and turned to face him with a glare. Schwoz squeaks.

"You did too! She did! Jasper, you saw! Wasn't it Charlotte who—" Before Schwoz could finish his sentence, he was pegged in the face with a dodgeball from Charlotte. "Oh, my nose!"

"THAT was me."

"Ahhh, lookit!" Schwoz screamed and showed us all his bloody fingers. "My nose is bleeding! From both holes!" He walked over to Captain Man with a whine.

Captain Man put his hand on his back. "Don't fret, Schwoz. Captain Man knows how to fix a nosebleed." He made Schwoz sit down on the ground and put his hand on the auto-snacker. "Two hotdogs, plain."

"Hot dogs?" Schwoz and I both questioned. Why does he need hotdogs?

"Shhhhh!" Captain Man silenced us and kept his eyes on the snack machine. We watched closely, eager to see his next move.

"Two hotdogs. Plain."

"Hey Hen and Audrey!" Jasper rejoiced while he bounced on the trampoline happily. We turned our attention to him. "Guess what I'm training for!"

"Uhh... does it involve bouncing?" Kid Danger questioned and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him.

"Kinda," He replied. "Let me give you guys a hint."

"He's training for a four-on-four Dodge-A-Leen tournament," Charlotte explained and walked to the couch, taking a seat.

"Awww, your hint revealed too much!" Jasper cried out and jumped off the trampoline and sat on the couch next to Charlotte.

"Hey..." Captain Man turned around from Schwoz and my eyes widened when I saw two hotdogs stuck in Schwoz's nose. That's disgusting. "I've heard of Dodge-A-Leen."

"Owwie!" Schwoz cried out. "Be gentle."

"Oh, hush." He turns back to us. "Isn't that basically just dodgeball on trampolines?"

"Pretty much," Charlotte replied.

"Yeah, I thought so."

I folded my arms. "Wait, so, who are the three other players on your team?"

Jasper sat down. "Well, one is Piper."

"Wh— my little sister Piper?" Kid Danger questioned in disbelief.

"Yeah! She's small, it makes her hard to hit, and she's naturally vicious!"

I shrugged and nodded at his explanation. Piper would be a great dodgeball player. No doubt she'll get angry if she gets hit. "That is true."

Charlotte looked back at Jasper while rolling her eyes. "Tell them who you want the third and fourth member of your Dodge-A-Leen team to be."

"Wellll..." He grinned and look at Kid Danger and me. "They're about 2 feet away from meee."