Chapter 12: Fate Is Cruel

Vladimir continued to carry me in his arms, though at some point on our trip, they decided to blind fold us as an extra precaution. Our kidnappers flitted from Volterra castle without stop. I can only imagine how far they have brought us.

            "Welcome to your new home." Stephan sings as a door can be heard groaning open at its rusty hinges.

            "Put this one with the other whores." Vladimir tosses me towards another vampire, and I am quickly placed by either Sulpicia or Athenadora's side.

            My heart continued to race as I remain blinded and bound. Whoever it is that is sat beside me, must hear the anxiety in my chest, as she manages to reach over to touch me with a comforting hand.

            "Awe look brother, they're comforting the little human—how sweet." Stephan's sarcasm filled our ears, but it made me grow even more fearful.

            Suddenly, footsteps begin to approach us, and I hold on tighter to one of the wives. Alas, there is nothing we can do, for she is ripped away from me. I can hear the both of them screaming through their gags as they are dragged across the floor, to which I start to yell back. Though, my cries are stopped when a cold hand touches my face. My blind fold is pulled off and my gag is removed. The room is blurry, and I can't tell what is what, but then a hand squeezes my face, forcing me to look up at him.

            "Is it better to see the torture instead of just hearing it?" Vladimir grinned down at me, but I pull my face away from his grip.

            "The Volturi will see you burn." I seethe, but Vladimir's eyes appear brighter.

            "Oh, once I am done with you, the Volturi will want nothing more." I shiver at his words, and soon a sequence of screams begins to ring throughout the room as Sulpicia and Athenadora are being ripped apart and put back together.

            I watch in horror as they relive the same tearing sensation to their limbs over and over, the vampires spare no time in ripping them to pieces as their limbs reattach. "St-stop! STOP!" I can feel myself shaking, and my eyes readily pooling with tears.

            Vladimir crouches to my level, grabbing a strand of my hair between his fingers. "There will be no stopping. You'll just have to endure it."

            "Please! I'll do anything, just stop!" I whimper as Athenadora shrills at the pain of her leg being torn off.

            "Anything you say...but little human, what can you offer?" Vladimir's gentle touch turned into an aggressive yank to the back of my head. He brings his face closer to mine as his fist is full of my hair.

            "I...I don't know." I croak, but Vladimir chuckles.

            "But I do." He stands up and shouts in a foreign language. The assault on the wives is stopped immediately, and their limbs reattached. "Come then, be ready to offer yourself in place of them." Vladimir begins to drag me to the center of the room. Untying me, he forces me to my feet. "Run little human, let's see how far you'll get."

            Despite my fright, I glare at him and refuse to move. "I'm not your toy."

            "Oh, but you are! Do you think that we will just kill you so easily? Those Volturi scum will feel our wrath! We will play with your little bodies, and when that bastard, Aro sees what we have done to his whores, it will be an even sweeter victory." Stephan cackles as he stalks me from behind.

            "I don't understand...you hate the Volturi so much...why?" I ask with a quiver in my voice, but the rest of the room fills with incoherent whispers.