Chapter 19: Cracked.

Only a few days have past since Didyme declared me as her personal guard. Everyone was shocked by it—but Marcus was livid. That night, he argued with Didyme about my position and that he thinks she is trying to make a statement by keeping me. Didyme told him that we called a truce, and that I will no longer fight the mating bond. Something about that appeased my mate. Marcus took me to his office that very same night ...and every day after.

"M-Marcus!" I cry out, feeling him slapping against me.

"You're so good, Tesoro. Feel me inside you." He groans, placing kisses against my jaw.

"I feel it!" I shout, my fingers digging into his back.

Marcus hisses with the pain of my nails, but he continues to watch me with lustful eyes. "Cum for me, Tesoro—cum."

My back arches, as my body washes with relief. Marcus pulls me towards him, his face buried into my neck. He starts to kiss my shoulder, and fondle my ass, but I don't continue to indulge him. Pushing him away, I manage to get up onto my feet, tracking down my uniform that has scattered the floor.

"Leaving already?" He questions, watching me pick up my clothes.

"Yes. Mistress Didyme is waiting for me. I think you have forgotten that I am her guard—not yours." I say with an uncaring tone, pulling my pants up.

"Didyme doesn't need you. I do." He says with furrowed brows.

"Oh, sure. I'm just a hole for you to fill." I say sarcastically, causing Marcus to growl.

"Carena."

"Master." I narrow at him. Getting the last of my uniform on, I quickly make way to the door. "Do you have anything to be relayed to my mistress?" I ask, but Marcus stays silent in spite of me. "I'll inform her." I state, flitting from his office and to his bedroom.

I knock on the door. "Come in!" Didyme calls in a sing-song voice.

"Good after noon, Mistress." I greet, closing the door behind me.

"You know that you do not need to call me that when we are alone. Didyme is fine—after all...how can I allow my future co-ruler to address me as mistress?" She giggles into her hand.

"Of course, Didyme." I reply, coming to sit on the sofa across from her.

"How was he today? Same uncontrollable bestial sex?" She eyes me, and I sigh.

"Yes...but he didn't get to finish." I answer, smoothing out the fabric of my pants.

Didyme chuckles. "Oh my...surely he will be on edge for the remainder of the day. Be careful, Carena. He'll punish you once he gets out of court."

I meet Didyme's eyes of amusement with concern. "Can't you just sleep with him? Why am I the one to always do it?"

"Dear Carena...I do not wish to lay with him. Besides, Marcus prefers you." She replies while minding her crocheting.

"He's actually exhausting me." I lean back.

"Good. Better for him to be occupied with you. The more comfortable he feels around you, the lower his guard will be."

"Then we kill him." I state.

"Yes. Then we kill him." Didyme chimes.

A knock on the door sounds, making me flit over to answer. "Hello?"