Chapter 2: Unexpected Meeting

"Oh my..." Aro's voice trailed as he picked me out from the crowd. "Such an unexpected surprise...I would like to get to know this lovely creature, but I'm afraid it must wait till after our feast." Aro clasped his hands together in excitement. "Demetri, please escort this lovely lady in blue to a waiting room." He instructed in a sing song voice.

A man emerged from the shadows, his dark cloak dragging behind him. I shied away from him, and stuck close to my new acquaintances. But the charming young man, only smirked while holding out his hand for me.

"Do not be frightened. I don't bite hard." Demetri teased, but his words summoned a threatening growl from the tall brunette on the dais. "My apologies master." Demetri immediately bowed.

"Dear lady, do not be afraid. Demetri is only going to take you to a waiting room...there seems to be something wrong with your pass for this tour." The brunette spoke low, but his voice comforted me.

Not wanting to hold back the rest of the group from enjoying themselves, I agreed to follow Demetri. I trailed behind the handsome guard; his short brown hair spiked in a way that made him appear more mischievous than his behaviour. We walked for only a few moments down an unfamiliar corridor, the click of my heels echoed in the empty space. I focused my attention on Demetri's feet...the sound of his steps could not be heard, no matter how I strained to listen. Demetri and I were probably a few ways away from the room when a faint sequence of screams suddenly cut threw the air. I immediately stopped upon hearing it. With the absence of my heels, I could hear the shrills of people more clearly.

"What was that...?" I felt a chill spread through my body.

"Oh, nothing special. It happens every feast. It's routine." Demetri chuckled to himself, as he prompted me to continue walking.

"So, like a haunted house?" I was curious as to what could possibly make someone scream with such terror, but whenever I went to Halloween events, I've heard similar cries.

"Exactly. Now, just around this corner and we will be there." Demetri announced.

And just as he said, once we had turned the corner, we were met with a large wooden door. Demetri swung it open and gestured for me to wait inside. The room appeared to be an office. Large, spacious, and regal. The walls lined with bookshelves—not even a sliver of space could be found between the leather-bound literature. At the far right of the room a desk sat, covered in mountains of papers. In the middle of the room there is a sitting space with two sofas facing across one another, with a small coffee table in between. Unsure of how long I would be waiting, I made my way to the sofas and sat quietly. In this time, I had numerous, unpleasant thoughts swimming in my mind. What was wrong with my pass? Did I get the dates wrong? Maybe the secretary made a mistake and I'm not supposed to be here. Or worse—what if my card declined? I could just use Alice's and pay her back afterwards...but I haven't even spent enough to have any issues with my card. So, what is it? I felt my anxiety start to rise, what is going to happen to me?

The screams have long since past, and I still remained seated on the sofa. When I started to worry about the thought that they probably had forgotten about me, a knock at the door sounded. I quickly stood from my seat, with my hands held in front of me. The three men from the thrones walked in, along with Demetri and another man, whom was just as towering as the brunette from earlier.

"I hope the wait was not too long." Aro offered as he and the two other men followed to be seated. Just as they were before, the tall brunette sat in a chair on Aro's left side, while Aro sat on the sofa, with the blonde being seated on his right.