Confession

You stood there, frozen as Jean didn't move from your bed. You weren't used to this, you were used to barging in and Jean suddenly taking you into his arms. Now the room felt awkward and tension was everywhere.

"Y/N..." Jean began and he looked down, you finally entered your room and stood in front of him.

"I-I'm sorry." Jean breathed, and you realized he was crying. His head was in his hands but his shoulders were shaking as you saw tears drip down his fingers.

"I was a coward. I AM a coward." He began as he continued to sob. You started to hate yourself. You hated how you made him feel like he wasn't brave, when it was because of him that the other cadets were able to survive, you hated how you gave up on him, and you hated how he looked in front of you at this moment, defeated and scared.

"You were right...you were doing the right thing and I...I hated you for it...no. I never hated you...I was scared...to lose you..." Jean looked up but his eyes seemed to be in a daze, his pupils dilated. "Jean—"

"I was selfish. I felt like...you chose death over me. Or even Eren over me and I only thought about myself. How...it seemed like you were leaving me even though you weren't."

"Jean—" you tried to interrupt him but he kept going.

"I'm sorry for flirting with those girls that meant nothing to me...for trying to make you jealous when all I wanted was you." Your mouth dropped and your mind shot back to all the times you saw Jean with other girls. You thought he was over you, you thought you were just a distraction to him that he could just push aside.

"I didn't think about what you want. Just the fact that...I wouldn't be with you after graduation. But then seeing everything...the loss...death."

"Marco is gone. He's gone and I wasn't there to save him. The thought of anything happening to you...if I wasn't there to protect you..." Jean's head dropped and he completely broke down in front of you.

You knelt down in front of him and placed your fingers under his chin and made him look at you. Seeing the sadness in his eyes, the regret, you never wanted to see that look on him ever again. You caressed his cheek as he knelt into your palm, and kissed him. Jean responded quickly and pulled you closer to him until you were straddling his lap.

You broke apart and kissed his forehead. "I'm sorry." You began and Jean looked up at you with a confused look on his face.

"I should never have called you a coward. You're not. I should have told you about my decision earlier and not have kept it from you I'm sorry—" you were cut off by Jean crashing his lips on yours.

You smiled as Jean pulled you closer. "Wait..." Jean broke apart from you. "What about Bertholdt?" you shot back and chuckled, "What about him?" you kinked an eyebrow at him and he looked away sheepishly.

"Aren't you..." he began, still looking away. "Aren't I what?"

"Aren't you dating Bertholdt?" You couldn't help it, you burst out laughing leaving Jean dumbfounded. "What's so funny?!" you could sense the frustration in his voice which caused you to laugh harder. "Why would you think that?" Jean suddenly shrugged and looked away. "You were always with him...and you were leaning on him..." you smiled and pinched his cheek playfully. "Are you jealous, Jean-boy?" you teased and he grimaced. "NO." he snapped but it was obvious he was relieved. "I'm not dating Bertholdt."

. "He probably likes you." Jean grumbled and you laughed again. "Bertholdt likes Annie." Jean's eyes shot up and and he smirked. "You're mine, you know what right?" he was back to his cocky self and you rolled your eyes.

"Seriously...I'm never letting you go again" Jean was whispered and he was looking at you differently now, but you just couldn't pinpoint what it was. "No more hiding." He stated and your eyes grew wide. "Everyone should know you're mine." Before you could react, Jean crashed his lips onto yours and pulled you on top of him on your bed.

Jean flips you over and he's on top of you now. He begins to kiss the corner of your lips, down to under your jaw, his mouth brushing your skin as you shiver to his touch. He slowly helps you remove your top and his as well. You reach up and graze your fingers down his toned chest and he moans in your mouth.

You thread your fingers through his hair as he continues to ravish your bare chest. You rasp his name and he goes wild. Hearing you moan his name in pleasure was something he missed the past few weeks.

He smothers your lips with his groaning mouth. "I don't deserve you."

"Stop it." you whine.

"I'm sorry—" before he could begin again you crash your lips onto his. "Forgive me." He whispers. "I do."

"I wanna make it up to you." His voice is low and husky and he stares deep into your eyes. "You already are." You smile and he smiled back. "I love you." He blurts out and he suddenly starts to panic. "You don't have to say it—"

"I love you too." You respond and Jean is beaming. You smile seeing him like this, this all you wanted, Jean to be happy. He kisses you once more and you giggle. Jean looks at you, asking if he can enter you and you smile.

The next day, you wake up with Jean in your bed. This is the first time he didn't get up early to sneak out of your room and you smile as you brushed your fingers against his chest, looking forward to waking up next to Jean everyday.