Epilogue

I just want to say thank you to everyone who read my story! It really means so much especially for my first fanfic!

If you have any requests please let me know and I'm thinking of writing a Levi one soon.

Your eyes flutter open as the sun's light shine through your window. You feel for Jean on your bed but clutch onto the sheets at the empty space beside you. Sitting up and rubbing your eyes, you look for your three your old son on his bed and notice how its empty as well.

You get dressed and walk onto the courtyard and you see Jean giggling over something with Connie.

He sees you walking towards them and him and Connie suddenly stop laughing.

"What is it this time?" You sigh placing your hands on your hips.

"N-nothing." Connie looks down and Jean is biting his lip trying to hide his smile.

Before you could ask, you hear your son's voice ring in your ear.

"MAMA! MAMA!" Marco runs down the courtyard and you smile. His ash gray hair shone bright in the sun and his eyes that matched yours was beaming with happiness.

You smile suddenly turned into a frown when you realized what he was wearing. Captain Levi's coat. Your eyes widen and glare at a laughing Connie and Jean as Marco was now in front of you.

"Mama! Look! I'm a Scout!" Marco giggled and you laughed as well. He continued to run around while you made your way to Connie and Jean.

"I'm going to kill the both of you." You stated and they quickly stopped laughing.

"Come on, Captain Levi isn't going to do anything to a kid." Connie smirked and Jean nodded.

"You have to admit, he's pretty cute." Jean pulled you in for a hug and quickly placed a chaste kiss on your lips.

"I don't believe that's yours." Captain Levi's voice rang in your ear and you quickly turned around.

Levi was carrying Marco by his green coat and he was giggling as he was hung in the air.

"Captain I'm so sorry—"

"It's fine. Let's go eat, shall we?" Levi picked up Marco and began to carry him to the dining hall.

"Told you." Connie sang and you smiled. Despite Captain Levi's hard exterior and tough training methods, he had a soft spot for your son, and you couldn't be happier.

Jean slips his hand into yours and leads you towards the dining hall.

At breakfast, Marco is sitting on Jean's lap as he continues to feed him. Sasha suddenly sneaks a piece of bread onto Marco's plate and he giggles as she ruffles his hair.

"Stop competing Sasha, we all know I'm his favorite god parent!" Connie yells as Sasha stares daggers at him.

"YOU?! You're an idiot. How can you be the favorite?!"

"If you think I'm an idiot...what do you think you are..." Connie's eyes widen as he tries to comprehend Sasha's statement.

Armin arrived and began conversing with Marco as Eren groaned behind him.

"He's a baby, he won't understand." Eren rolled his eyes which caused Jean to glare at him.

Despite his comment, Eren sighed and ruffled Marco's hair before sitting down on the table with the rest of you.

Mikasa arrived and started analyzing who Marco looked like, you or Jean.

"He has Jean's hair for sure, but Y/N's eyes...it's really a combination of the both of you." Mikasa stated and you smiled.

These days, all of you were stressed and the new information that was discovered and plans to deal with the Marleyans. But what got you through was your son. How you had hope because of him, how you saw Jean had hope too, but also what joy he brought to the rest of the scouts.

How Connie and Sasha would take him out every morning to play with him. Armin and Mikasa would read to him in the afternoons, even Eren would join in and play with him. Hange would try to make him observe her experiments, but you would protest, even Captain Levi would place him on his horse and ride around HQ with him.

It was those moments that made you thankful for everything around you despite there was a time you cursed the life you all lived in. Sure, there was still an upcoming war, but there was something to hope for, a life with Jean and Marco.

It was late in the afternoon and you couldn't find Marco and Jean. Suddenly, you see two figures sitting atop the fence. Jean had Marco on his lap and he was pointing to something in the horizon.

You walk up to them and sit next to Jean. His eyes are beaming at Marco as he tells him about the ocean.

"I wanna go to the ocean, Mama." Marco stares up at you.

"One day, Marco. I promise. We'll all go to the ocean together." You kiss his cheek and Jean takes your hand.

"I think we'll be alright." Jean states and you look at him and he's smiling down at you.

"We will." You agree and Jean leans down and kisses you.

"EWWW! DAAAAADDY!" Marco shrieks and Jean bursts into laughter, "What? I can't kiss your mama?" Jean begins to tickle Marco who has tears coming out of his eyes from laughing.

You smile at the sight of Jean and your sun and have this feeling of utmost clarity that despite what's going on in the world, everything is going to be alright.