viii. having doubts

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

TWO MONTHS LATER...

MARGOT INHALED SHARPLY as she shot up from her slumber, grey eyes wide as she clutched her chest that rose and fell rapidly

MARGOT INHALED SHARPLY as she shot up from her slumber, grey eyes wide as she clutched her chest that rose and fell rapidly. A shaky hand lifted to her face, patting it gently as she felt the sweat droplets on her unusually hot skin. Once she had calmed down, she placed her head in her hands, fingers digging into the roots of her hair. It was always the same. The dreams of a woman in a forest. Her back was always turned away from Margot, but it was clear from the white hair on the woman's head that she was a relative. A Boudreaux. She could still smell and hear the crackling fire and taste the strong metallic blood. But as usual, Margot brushed it off and dragged herself out of bed, dreading the day ahead.

Historia's coronation had passed two months ago and since then she had opened a rural farm to look after orphans and the needy. The military police had also been overhauled, instead merging with the Scouts as new recruits. Margot would have much rather stayed in bed, but she knew someone would come and drag her to the farm at any moment if she was late again. So, she pulled on a flowy grey dress that stopped just above her knees, accompanied by boots. Stretching, she sighed before making her way down to the farm where she was certain everyone else had arrived at hours ago. However, she still took her time, knowing the others were used to her being late to almost everything.

   "Ah, she's awake!" Connie announced as Margot arrived. "I mean, we already finished doing most of the work."

   "Are you serious?" Margot groaned, hanging her head back. "I could have stayed in bed."

   "You do enough of that already," Jean pointed out, grabbing her hand and dragging her over to where Eren and Armin were watching Historia play with two orphan kids. "You need some sun."

   "Who says?"

   "I did," Jean argued, situating her between himself and Eren - Armin standing to the right of Eren. They both greeted her good afternoon, and she responded tiredly - still not fully awake. Eren pulled her into his chest, arms placed around her waist securely.