vi. the attempt

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

warning : uh, drugs? conversation about body insecurities

IF THERE WAS ONE THING that couldn't be denied, it was that the Lyrians knew how to celebrate

IF THERE WAS ONE THING that couldn't be denied, it was that the Lyrians knew how to celebrate. It had been insisted by the Lyrians themselves to have the party, and so it was arranged. They didn't need much time, having the whole thing ready to go in a matter of days. Acantha was still adamant on Margot moving or at least spending a significant amount of time in Lyria, and so this was the perfect opportunity to show Margot the Lyrian culture in an attempt to persuade her. However, Margot would just take it as a time to enjoy herself.

Walking down the steps of the cottage, Margot stretched her arms above her head, still a little sleepy and incredibly disoriented. She didn't even notice Eren sitting at the table, a few breakfast items laid out as he waited for her to notice his presence. But for the meantime, he just watched how she navigated. She stood by the counter for a few seconds before scratching her head and sighing, grabbing a cup of water and drinking it painfully slow. It was like she was still sleeping, but he knew she wasn't. She was just extremely lethargic in the morning - more than usual. It was only when she turned and spotted him through her peripheral vision that she woke up a little. She had a large piece of paper in her hand, which she placed on the counter beside her carefully.

   "I thought Levi said you're not allowed to come here alone anymore?" Margot said with a chuckle. After Eren and Margot had sex a few days prior, word eventually reached Levi, and he said they couldn't be alone together after giving the both of them a grilling talk. Eren shrugged and moved over to her, his arms encircling her waist. "Is seeing me worth getting beat up by him?"

   "Yes. Although, he is terrifying. More so because he's your cousin," Eren said, frowning. "I think if I ever hurt you in any way, he'd kick my teeth out again."

   "Well, then, don't hurt me."

   "I don't plan on it," Eren reassured her, placing a kiss on her forehead before picking up the piece of paper she had been holding. "What's this?"

Margot took it from his hands carefully and turned it over to show him the image on the back. It was a charcoal drawing, so perfectly drawn it could have been a photo. Eren's eyes took in the details, recognising a younger version of Kenny Ackerman. Not much younger than the one he had seen in person - probably only 15 or so years younger, with a shaven face and a smile that wasn't malicious or cruel. He looked genuinely happy. And beside him was a woman who Eren could assume was Margot's mother, Rosaline Boudreaux. She was a beautiful young woman and judging by the shading the artist had used, her hair was white like Margot's. However, it was still clear that Margot gotten most of her facial features from the Ackerman side of her family - excluding her nose.

   "I found it in the wardrobe upstairs," Margot explained, before turning the picture over and pointing to the bottom. "There is the artist and where they're located. Judging by the date, this was drawn the same year I was born. Not long before Rosaline died."