iii. identity crisis

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

WHEN MARGOT ARRIVED at the shooting range, letter tucked into the top pocket of her jacket, Eren didn't say much to her and it didn't seem like he was saying anything to Armin or Mikasa either

WHEN MARGOT ARRIVED at the shooting range, letter tucked into the top pocket of her jacket, Eren didn't say much to her and it didn't seem like he was saying anything to Armin or Mikasa either. Margot just figured he was in one of his quiet moods again, and took a seat on top of the wooden fence, the warm glow from the sunset reflecting off their skin. A glass shattered as Eren shot the rifle, and Armin covered his ears.

   "The port will be finished soon!" Armin said, uncovering his ears. "Thanks to the help of the Marleyan engineers, building has sped up quite a lot."

   "They've sure been cooperative," Mikasa said, not even flinching as Eren fired another bullet. Armin did, covering his ears again. Margot found the sound irritating, just as she found all loud noises.

   "It didn't start that way," Margot pointed out, reaching her hand up to tie her hair. It reached her waist, but she never let it grow any further than that. During missions or tasks she just tied it up or braided it so that it wouldn't become a bother. "Neither side trusted each other at first. I still find it hard to trust them."

   "That was to be expected. But once we put aside the labels and see each other as people, we can understand each other better." Armin was more optimistic than most of them, and it was greatly appreciated. It was nice to have some positivity.

Finally setting down the rifle for a moment, Eren turned to look at them, a contemplative look on his face.

   "Armin, have you seen Bertholdt's memories?" Eren asked.

   "Huh? Yeah," Armin answered. Margot turned her face away, feeling it burn up. She wondered how much Armin had seen. No, actually, I don't want to think about it. That's embarrassing. Armin glanced over at her for a moment, but her eyes were focused solely on the floor, suddenly unable to meet his eyes. "But, uh... there's nothing that seems helpful."