xvii. unwelcome guests

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

ONYANKOPON AND GREIZ stayed behind while Yelena guided Margot out of the cell, hand on her shoulder in a half-assed attempt at keeping Margot from running away

ONYANKOPON AND GREIZ stayed behind while Yelena guided Margot out of the cell, hand on her shoulder in a half-assed attempt at keeping Margot from running away. Perhaps confident that Margot wouldn't run, knowing it wouldn't be the smartest idea. Eren's Jaegerists were crawling all over the place, and while she wasn't scared of them in the slightest, she would rather not deal with them.

   "Thanks for telling Eren about our conversation all those years ago," Margot sarcastically remarked, glancing up at the woman who peered down at her.

   "My apologies, Margot. I didn't mean to upset you." Margot couldn't help but roll her eyes. "I don't want you as an enemy, you know."

   "Is that so?" Margot stopped walking, shrugging Yelena's hand off her shoulder and turning to face her properly. "I seem to recall you trying to poison me a few years back. You know, during our little chat over a nice cup of tea." Yelena blanched, seemingly shocked at Margot's revelation. Margot stepped closer, a few inches of space between her and the tall blonde. "What? You thought I didn't notice?"

   "I..." Yelena sighed. "It was to see if you had immunity to poison. It's clear that the witches can't be killed as easily as any other person. We wanted to see if-"

   "You could find a way to get rid of me if the opportunity arose?" Margot smiled, amused. Yelena didn't respond, and Margot carried on walking, knowing she was right. "You're right about not wanting me as an enemy. Not many people do."

Yelena remained quiet for the remainder of the journey, deciding to keep her hands off Margot completely, knowing the nineteen-year-old's temper was worse than usual. It was only when they reached a set of double doors that Yelena spoke again, carefully so as to not agitate the already tense Scout.

   "I overheard you talking about the kids - when I was coming down to the cell," Yelena mentioned. Margot met her gaze but didn't respond. At this point, everyone knows, Margot thought with a tired sigh, pushing open the doors and stepping through.