vii. sleepovers and confessions

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

TRYING TO SLEEP AFTER THE GRADUATION WAS DIFFICULT. Mostly because a lot of the girls were still in an excitable mood and were not in the mood for sleeping. And for once, neither was Margot - someone who valued sleep very much. So, Sasha suggested not going to sleep at all, at least not straight away.

The majority found themselves sitting in the area in the centre of the room, only the ones who didn't feel like sleeping. Annie and a few other girls chose not to participate, and so the rest of them decided to keep their voices low to be considerate.

   "Margot, come over here so I can lie on you." Sasha waved the girl over, her hand flapping around frantically in an ushering motion. Margot didn't move from her position, where she was wrapped up in her blanket like it was a cocoon. Only her face was visible.

   "Stop using me for my chest, Sasha," Margot joked. Sasha always wanted to lie her head on Margot's breasts, calling it her "pillow" or other variations. And Margot didn't mind at all, because it was Sasha.

   "Are you sure you just like guys, Sasha?" a girl called Hanna Diament asked teasingly.

   "Oh, I know I do. Margot is just an exception," Sasha said. "But anyways, here's to us. For graduating with all our body parts still intact." She raised an imaginary glass in the air. Krista giggled, and Sasha ruffled her hair.

   "So, Margot," Hanna started in a cooing voice. "You and Bertholdt are still together."

Margot wasn't going to lie. She didn't know if she felt her relationship with Bertholdt was more romantic, or more platonic. She cared about him, and he cared about her. And she knew there was feelings there. But was it like a relationship? They had made official over a year ago, but she didn't exactly know if it felt entirely right. What exactly was she supposed to be looking for? There should be an instruction manual for relationships, Margot decided.

   "Is this what this is? A chance to interrogate me?" Margot asked, pulling the blanket off her head. The white part of her hair was still hidden, and she wanted to keep it that way. "But yeah, we're still together."

   "What's he like?" another girl called Mina Carolina asked, hugging a pillow to her chest. It was like they were all at a sleepover, cuddled up in their blankets and pillows. Margot tried to keep her outwardly tranquil demeanour, but her cheeks slowly began to turn a little red.

   "He's great," Margot answered rather awkwardly, pulling her blanket up to cover more of her face. Sasha snorted, finding her embarrassment amusing. Margot wasn't shy about relationships or anything else, she was just shy when talking about them. "He's sweet." And a little strange as of recently, but I'm not going to tell them that.