x. secrecy

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

MARGOT HAD NO REAL EXPECTATIONS for Marley

MARGOT HAD NO REAL EXPECTATIONS for Marley. No idea what it would be like or how the people would behave considering they were so far ahead in terms of, well, everything. She found herself marvelling at the flash of a camera, and the car that Connie and Sasha confused for a horse or a cow. Despite Margot's intrigue in the modern technology, she was still able to restrain herself. The same couldn't be said for some of the others - mainly Connie, Sasha and Hanji.

  "Ugh, they think we're bumpkins now," Jean sighed, pulling the tip of his hat down to shield his face from view as the Marleyans nearby watched Hanji yell at the car as it drove off, chasing after it. "Pretend we're not with them."

Grey eyes travelling over the Marleyan land, Margot felt her attention diverting. Everything was so advanced. The food, the technology, even the clothes on the people's backs. So modern. It must be nice for them living so comfortably, Margot thought, a bitter taste on her tongue. While everything in Paradis was going to shit. The cadets trained for years to be sent on expeditions only to be torn to pieces by titans sent by Marley. People lived in fear of being eaten alive by titans in their own homes, many pushed to poverty after the breach of Shiganshina. All the people who had died at the hands of a nation they didn't even know existed until now. All the people she had lost-

   "Your fists are clenched." Margot looked up at the sound of Eren's voice, and he could see the storm raging on behind her eyes that quickly settled upon seeing the calm in his. "I know why you're upset."

   "Am I that transparent?" Margot asked, allowing him to ease her hand by placing his own in hers.

   "No," Eren denied. "I just know you well."

Margot stared up at him, wondering why she was beginning to doubt whether the feeling was mutual. He was hiding something - she knew that. She just wished she knew why he felt the need to do that. However, she knew there was a time and place to bring that up, and while on a mission in Marley of all places was not appropriate. Turning her gaze to watch a disturbed Levi be offered candy by a terrifying man in bright clothes - she believed it was a clown - she felt her eyebrows furrow.