𝐕𝐈

「 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 (𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭) 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: common theme is chapter titles being lyrics or names of songs, this one is a banger- i highly recommend listing to this 80's classic by journey!! i really am a music nut if you look past my addiction to writing-i played flute for two years in middle school-

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: blood, violence, gore, death, murder, some sexual references

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

The wind whipped harshly against the trash-bag-covered window while you all slept in your bed.

It startled Hawks awake, enough to lift his head and check on the other sleeping trouble-makers beside him.

You were spaced away from Dabi, but his hand lingered, two fingers tugging on the hem of your shirt. His face was relaxed, lips parted as he snored lightly, just barely sleeping most likely. If Hawks had to bet, he'd put all his money that Dabi was awake and just pretending to sleep for the sake of just laying in your bed.

Hawks decided it was probably time for him to leave, lifting his phone to check the time. The bright screen illuminated to reveal that it almost six in the morning. He'd have to race home and get changed and then head into work.

He left quickly and quietly, leaving a small note with his number if you had any problems with the window or if you needed him for something else.

Time ticked by slowly as you slept, unknowingly beside Dabi, who was sleeping as well.

He drifted away from you after Hawks had left, the unfamiliarity of sleeping beside someone was unnerving and almost uncomfortable. Not to mention it was overly hot with his already seemingly scorching body temperature.

You drifted away from Dabi as well, enjoying more space after Hawks had left, unbeknownst to you of course. You hadn't woken up to see that he was actually gone, instead, you realized you had more room to stretch out and lay comfortably in and you certainly didn't ask any questions.

Around nine in the morning, Dabi stirred awake, glancing over at you as he crawled out of the bed and tugged on his clothes before slipping out without leaving a note or anything. He disappeared into the shadows from the overcast sky, rain beginning to fall from the sky as you readjusted in your now spacious environment.

But upon the lack of heat, and bodies that you'd remembered laying down with, you awoke to the desertion of your lone body laying in your bed.

Lifting your head with a sigh and rubbing away the remnants of sleep from your tired eyes, you decided it would probably be for the best to wake up and prepare for the window repairmen scheduled to come tomorrow.

It didn't take you long to throw some manageable, breathable clothes on-a simple tank top with some shorts-allowing yourself to take a bit of a break, especially being so sore from the previous night and that weird back-alley surgery you had.

You decided to change the gauze on your wounded side, putting some simple antiseptic on the sewn-up entry-point before re-applying some medical-grade gauze underneath your top.

Then from your bathroom, you decided to munch on a snack bar before heading back toward your bedroom to clean out and around the window, giving the repairmen plenty of access to the window.