𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

「 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: this story is sort of a slow-burn?? idk lmfao, i wanna write the plot out some before i jump into the yummy dabi romance !! i also apologize for how short this chapter is, my sleep schedule's fucked and i wrote this in about an hour :/

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: hawks being the good-bad-guy, slight eren x reader (original character created for the story, introduced in chapter 5 [V]), manga/anime spoilers(season 5), hawks does not respect the bro code, dabi is a piss baby, slight hawks x reader

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

You don't expect to see Hawks so soon. He said he was on his way, but certainly not even five minutes away. Frankly, when you heard the knocking on your window, you were terrified Dabi had come back.

But letting him in, he greeted you with a smile.

"Didn't think you'd  be textin' me." Hawks teased, quickly glancing at the mess of your living room.

"Dabi used my blood to make a nomu." You breathe out, falling back against your couch. Hawks' face dropped at the mention of the villain.

"I don't-I'm sorry." Hawks wasn't some villain. He was merely pretending to be one. While his conscious wasn't nearly as clear as he would've liked it to have been, it was certainly much cleared than whatever Dabi had going on.

But you-you were a closed book full of all sorts of mysteries. Still, it wasn't in your nature to just blatantly murder someone for fun. Hawks was unsure if you'd actually ever killed anyone, he couldn't arrest you on the knowledge that he had on you, even if he wanted to.

To the outside, you were just some vigilante who chased down dirty, no-good heroes who profited off of the general public. 

And to an extent, he admired you for your goal to keep heroism, at least at its very core, actual heroism-the kind of heroes who saved people because they wanted to, not because they wanted a check.

It was hard to agree with someone like Stain, who had taken his judgments down a lethal path, but his vision was in the clear. It was something Hawks had once praised.

"I got shot, dealing with work. He showed up outta' nowhere and took me to some dodgy hospital. Lost a lot of blood and was probably at risk for some sort of serious infection. It could've been a lot worse." You admitted, feeling the cushion beside you sink at the expense of Hawks' body weight.

"You could've called me. I get that you probably don't trust me, but the bottom line is I would've helped you before anything else." Hawks admitted truthfully, reaching out to rest his hand on your cheek.

You shrugged it off and shook your head.

"How do I know that you're not just using me to get shit from Dabi? Why are you even with him, he's a fucking villain." You were angry, upset. You had every right to be. For all you know, you'd just invited another wannabe 'hero' of the people into your home.

"I can't explain the relationship we have, but you should know I'd much rather care about you than that asshole." Hawks bit the inside of his cheek, hoping you'd at least open up to him a little.

He couldn't even touch you without you pushing him away. He was beginning to wonder if the night before had just been some spur-of-the-moment drunken haze shared between a couple of sex-hungry adults.