𝐕𝐈𝐈

「 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭? 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: yes those are lyrics from that song, i was planning on using the line that actually blew up on tiktok but for now we'll just use this one.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: blood, violence, murder, death, dabi being dabi, slight eren x reader (original character created for the story, introduced in chapter 5 [V])

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

Sitting in an empty interrogation room, a pair of dirty silver handcuffs sat tightly against your wrists. You glanced around, knowing there was most likely someone behind the large glass mirror that you'd seen a million times in films being a two-way glass.

However, you were unsure as to why you were sitting in this interrogation room. You were positive it wasn't for your nightly routines.

Suddenly the door opened, and a detective entered, taking a seat in the metal folding chair across from you.

"Hello Miss (L/n). I am detective Tsukauchi with the police force. How are you doing today?" The man looked plain, he was tall and had short black hair with matching dark eyes. He was dressed in a plain-looking tan overcoat with a generic black suit underneath.

"I'm doing great considering I nearly got incinerated by one of those crazy villains." You managed to make it out fairly unscathed, a few scratches from being pushed around but nothing crazy.

"We brought you in today, just to chat so have no worries! We would like to advise against the use of quirks in public, though we commemorate your efforts to protect a fellow citizen. But we want to talk to you about this." The detective came in with a manilla folder, which he placed on the table and opened it, showing a picture of you on a date with the pro hero Jaguar, one that had stepped down after a meeting with Asphyxia.

"Jaguar, a recovering pro hero asked us to look into his case with Asphyxia, and we were reluctant to find that you had gone home with him the night he claimed Asphyxia attacked him." Detective Tsukauchi referred to the photo of you entering his home, most likely taken by paparazzi. Though he was a relatively smaller pro, it didn't mean he didn't have fans or people following him around.

"I see. After our date he began acting weird, I thought things were going to progress, but then he asked me to leave. So I did." You said your words carefully, trying to act like the unlucky date who thought she was going to score with her favorite pro hero.

"Did he ever mention speaking with Asphyxia while you were in his home?" Tsukauchi asked, showing another photo of Jaguar's home after it had been wrecked from the fighting.

"No, I was freshening up in the bathroom and when I left I was going to ask about the mess but it's almost like he was trying to hide something. I figured it best to not ask any questions." You glanced down, playing the hopeless romantic card, allowing yourself to look innocent for a change.

"Do you remember hearing any of the conversation he might've had with Asphyxia, or if you heard anything at all during their altercation?"

"No, in his restroom, flicking the light switch also turned on the bathroom's fan, I couldn't hear much over it." This was the truth, though you could've just said you'd turned it on separately-thankfully his home had saved you from an embarrassing mention of having to turn it on separately.