𝐗𝐗

「 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐢 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: this story kind of fell off my radar, i didn't make many notes on it and really don't have an idea for an end anymore-i was writing this story as i was updating, and with little notes on it, the ending i had planned totally slipped from my mind. 

since coming out as trans, I've leaned greatly toward writing more gender neutral drabbles/fics, and finishing this was a bit of a challenge. i think my next step is to write a male reader story, one that i can feel comfortable with. I'm not uncomfortable writing female aligned content, it just feels odd. again this ending was sort of rushed, and by no means what i had planned at all. in the future i may return to give this story a proper ending, but for now this will have to do. thank you for understanding, and for following the story along as long and as far as you did! 

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: dabi coming to terms he likes you, dabi choosing to still be kind of a dick, a short and rushed ending :(

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

Dabi didn't move. As his head pressed to your chest, listening to your heartbeat, all he could think about in this very moment, was You. He didn't want to think about anything else. Not the league. Not the plans for the future. And certainly not Hawks. 

Whatever Hawks had to tell you could most certainly wait, and he doubted they'd be important. Your identity had been revealed and now you were on the run from the police who were out for your arrest for murdering Valkyrie.

Dabi may or may not have accepted the fact that he was in love with you. He knew deep down, he didn't want you to be with Hawks, or with that Eren guy, he wanted you all to his very own, but he was scared.

What if things turned sour, what if you left?  He wouldn't let you leave, and he'd certainly never fall in love again.

Still, he so desperately wanted to stand on the roofs and proclaim how much he loved you and how he'd let the world burn just for you.

Oh, how he'd let everyone burn for you.

Your eyes opened as you stared down at the male who you thought was sleeping in your arms, a small smile on your lips. Had someone told you in a few weeks you would've fallen in love with one of Japan's most dangerous villains, one that used to follow Stain, one that would bicker with you and piss you off, you would've said they were lying.

You knew, though your backgrounds were vastly different, your views constantly changing and clashing, you loved him.

He didn't have to be good for you to love him. All you wanted was his love, all you wanted was him. 

"I love you." You whispered, rubbing his back. You could feel the familiar pattern of staples on his skin through his shirt. You didn't question it, you didn't peek or pry at his clothing to see what he was hiding, instead, you chose to love him even more.

Dabi was a book. Full of secrets, and twists and turns, ones you wanted to discover. Dabi could guide you through them, he knew himself better than anyone else.

"I love you too." Dabi replied, slightly startling you. You continue to rub his back, a smile resting still on your lips. You felt like you were home.

"What are you two doing." Shigaraki's question sounds more like a statement, and now Dabi's contorted to flip the leader off.

"Just resting." You speak quietly. You're still healing, and Shigaraki knows. He's got big plans for you, hoping you'll be able to fulfill the promises you said you'd fulfill. 

He has a dim hope in you, that you'll be useful. He knows you will, you've already done a lot for them, and he's grateful though he won't voice that. But now you're a very important member of their little ragtag family, and you keep Dabi happy, or at least pulled together.

"You've still got a job to do, you better be in better condition when I say we're moving forward." Shigaraki grabs an energy drink from the fridge and disappears back into his room, leaving the two of you alone on the couch again.

"You've got to let me get better, dumbass." You nudge the male who has his eyes closed still, watching as he only buries his face into you more.

"You're acting like a puppy, you're so fuckin' weird." You tease. His eyes shoot open and he quickly moves to press his lips to yours.

"Shut up."  He groans. He doesn't mean it, or maybe he does. He hates when you tease him, or at least when you make fun of him to provoke him. You know its harmless and so does he, but he likes feeling in control, it's his downfall.

He needs to have control all the time, mainly because he'd felt the neglect of when others had too much control.

He abusive childhood, the dad who was an asshole, he needed to have control over every little detail, he knew then nothing could hurt him if he controlled it.

Which is why he was so scared to love you. He couldn't control you, he couldn't control another human being. Not like he would anyone else at least, you were vastly different. He didn't taunt you with an inferno of blue flames that would swallow you alive.

You willingly walked into that blaze, setting your skin alight just for him.

And the burn felt good.

"Guess we've got work to do later." Dabi mumbles against your lips, moving to sit up. You move with him, resting against his shoulder as your arms touch one another, sitting side by side on the couch.

"Guess so." You slink your fingers into his, intertwining the two together, your fingers lacing together delicately as if they would chip or break off with even the slightest bit of pressure.

"Be mine." Dabi speaks lowly.

"Finally." You huff, pulling his hand to your lips, grazing them over his bruised knuckles.

"Thought you'd never ask." You tease letting his hand fall. He rolls his eyes and grips you tightly.

It was a new sensation, but he had you now, and that was the only thing he needed. You were your own fire, burning bright, and together, you'd set the world ablaze.

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1k