𝐈

「 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 」

━━━━━━━

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬: it's here!! the first chapter of the new yummy dabi fic i've had in the drafts since september of 2020.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: mentions of drug use/abuse, mentions of drugs, mentions of alcohol/alcohol abuse, mentions of gambling addictions

⊱·┈· ꕥ ·┈·⊰

The ear-piercing sounds of a police siren echoed behind you as you darted across the wet streets of Musutafu. From the earlier forecast of rain and heavy thunderstorms, the asphalt was still flooded with puddles of water as your black books stomped into them.

"Freeze! Heroes are already dispatched to your location! Make this easy and back down now or face the consequences!" The loud call from the police car following you yelled, ordering you to stop running.

Tch. Fucking heroes.

"We have to stop them before they get to the train station!" The officer spoke into his radio, ordering any officers around the scene to get to you.

You jumped over a curb, latching onto the support beam of a suspended railway. Scaling the pole, you climbed around until you reached the top where you spotted an oncoming train.

The conductor quickly realized what was about to happen, and tried signaling you out of the way. You looked over the edge at the officers who were out of their cars, pointing their guns at you.

Where are those heroes at?

You had no time to be thinking about this with a train speeding at you, a horn blaring in your ears. Standing on the tracks you began to release some smoke, a part of your quirk.

Solidifying the smoke seeping from your pores, you stood on a firm foundation but quickly allowed it to return to its natural state as you landed atop the moving train with ease.

"Follow that train!" The officers yelled, instructing people to find the train and follow it, arranging for any heroes to follow suit.

It was easy to get changed, enveloping the entire area surrounding the train in a thick cloud of smoke, allowing you to change without being seen and sneak into one of the train's compartments.

Shoving your bag beside you, you cleared the smoke away and blended in perfectly with everyone else, trying to look worried and afraid.

When the train stopped, officers and heroes began filing in, looking around for any sort of suspicious person that could be this 'preposterous villain' as some had called you.

"He's not on board." An officer called, having walked right past you.

So they think I'm a guy? Wonderful.

A few surrounding passengers looked at you, some noticing how you hadn't been there before.

A lady tapped one of the officers and pointed to you. You pretended to not see her action, instead, aiming to play it cool.

As the officer stepped toward you, the train announcer came on the intercom.

"Departing from Station B19, Stand clear of the doors."

Shit. I need to get off here. Either they'll stop me or they won't.

Stepping off the train, you held your bag close to you, trying to seem normal like every other surrounding citizen.