Chapter 3 : My New Classmate

Next day morning,Yeonjun awoke first. He had fallen asleep on the floor holding Jia's hand all night long.

He gets up before Jia,so that she doesn't know and feel embarassed.

The housekeeper enters the room.

"Mr Choi,your luggage is here."

"Aah yes,I will put it away in the other room now." He leaves the room as the housekeeper goes to wake up Jia.

"Ms Jia...please wake up,it's 7 am already...you have to be at university by 9." The elderly housekeeper tapped her face gently. She was like a mother to her, she was the one who took care of Jia all these years.

"Mhmm...ten minutes more granny..." She murmurs in her sleep as she turns about.

After a few minutes she finally wakes up and stretches. She takes a quick shower and gets ready for University. Today she had a lab class for which she needed some experimental equipment.

"Uhh where did I place it...." She thinks hard as she used it many months ago.

"Oh yess, I put it in my old study desk!" She suddenly remembers and approaches the spare room where it was placed.

Without thinking she swings open the door,and to her shock-finds Yeonjun there-shirtless.

He had chiseled abs,and a perfectly toned body. He was in between changing and was shocked as much as she was,and just stood there in shock,not knowing what to do.

Jia quickly turned around and closed the door,flustered.

"I am sorry, I forgot you were using this room now " she shouts from outside.

"It's alright Miss Jia!" He says from inside. He puts on a white t-shirt quickly and comes out.

"You needed something Miss Jia...?" He asks.

"Umm...yeah...my lab equipment was still left here...I am so sorry...I didn't mean to.." she apologizes again with a red face.

He smiles down at her without her seeing it.

"That's okay miss Jia, I don't mind. Please do fetch your equipment,we are getting late for University." He says.

"We? Are you going to follow me too Uni too?" She asks in surprise.

"Yea of course, remember, 24/7" he nods.

After she collects her equipment and gets ready she walks out the house to find Yeonjun waiting for her on his motorbike.

"What happened to the car? Why are we riding a bike?" She asks in surprise.

"Your father has instructed me to have you travel on a bike,as your car is too recognisable. No one would expect you to travel on a bike ,so it's safe." He says as he hands her a helmet.

"That's right, even i didn't expect
I would ride a bike..." She mutters and gets on the bike.

She places her hands on the bike's back handle for support,though not sure how long she can withhold for.

"Ms Jia,you can hold on to me..." Yeonjun says.

"That's okay, I am comfortable alread-" just as she says that a speedbreaker hits them and she is jerked forward and she unconsciously hugs Yeonjun's waist.

Just as she realises and is about to pull away ,one of his hands holds her arms back.

"Just hold on to me,you will be safe." He says in his deep voice.

She is flustered but holds on anyway.

They reach the University.

"Miss Jia,please go in now." Yeonjun says .

"Why? Are you not going to follow me in Mr Choi?" She asked perplexed.

"Would you like for a bodyguard to be in your classroom all the time watching you 24 by 7?" He says simply.

She is confused. But that was what he was supposed to do-watch her 24 by 7.

"Well not like I would like that,but since you have to-" before she can continue he interjects.

"Exactly, don't worry Miss Jia,you go in now,you will be safe." He says and speeds away on his bike.

She looks at him in confusion.

"I don't understand him" she shrugs her shoulders and goes in.

She is seated in class.  Swinging the pen in her palm, just going through her notes,waiting for the professor to arrive.

The professor steps in, and immediately announces something.

"Students! I have a quick announcement to make! I need your attention."

Jia and the others look at the professor.

"We have a new exchange student from the States, joining us from today. He is an excellent student and is here at our university for a while to experience some diversity. Please help him out and make him feel home."

A young man steps in and Jia's breath is taken away.

"No way..." She clasps her hand over her mouth.

Right in front of her,was Choi Yeonjun-the new student.

"Hello, My name is Yeonjun. I hope to do a good job." He bows as the others in the class whisper excitedly.

"Isn't he handsome..?!"
"Ohh I am going to totally make him my boyfriend!" The other girls in the classroom squealed as he walked past them.

He very un-assumingly went and took the seat next to Jia,as she looked at him, with her jaw dropped.

He whispers to her,keeping his faced forward.

"So from today,I am your classmate Jia ssi. This way I can always have you in front of me without making you awkward in class." He says

"That was thoughtful...wow...amazing.....
daebak." she laughs in disbelief.

"But it's just that,it might be difficult for you to cope up with these classes...too much stress and workload..." she says  with concern.

"But don't worry,I will help you out always!" She smiles at him and he nods back.

But what happens later actually surprises her.

Anatomy,biology and lab,all classes keep happening and Yeonjun seems to know the answer to every question, and he also put across impressive doubts even she had not ever thought about.

"He is not just handsome,he is a genius..."the other girls fangirl over him and throw him lovey dovey glances trying to flirt ,but he does not pay any attention to them at all.

As they leave Uni , Jia catches up to him.

"Wait Yeonjun ssi! I have a question!" She huffs from all that running.

"Yes Jia ssi?" He replies.

"I have a doubt,it feels like you are actually here to attend medical school and are only being my bodyguard as a cover."she laughs.

He smiles briefly too before turning to face her.

"Let's go home now Jia ssi?" He gazes into her eyes making her flustered. She avoids his eyes as she nods and hops onto the bike

"Hold tight...Ms Jia..." He says as he starts the bike and speeds off-naturally ,her arms are over  his waist again.

On the ride back home,Jia sees Yeonjun's face through the rearview mirror on the bike.

She observed his handsome features-those deep eyes,perfect face, and not to mention,she suddenly remembered the abs from morning. She blushed at the thought trying to shake it away. What was she even thinking?!

Her face turned a deep shade of pink as she sat there awkwardly holding on to Yeonjun.

Yeonjun looked into the mirror to see her pink face and grinned to himself.

"She has always been cute..."