Chapter 13:Paradise Lost

TW: Gunshots,Violence,Death

Jia closed her eyes,waiting for her death to come.

The shot was heard.

But...she wasn't dead yet.

She looks up,to find the blond guy dead.

And there he was-

"Papa!"she shrieked,to find her dad standing there,his face sweating profusely,a gun in his hand.

He saved his daughter.

"My Rapunzel...."he rushed towards her as his men rushed to untie her from the ropes that bound her to the chair.

Once she was freed,she hugged her dead and sobbed in to his chest.

"There...there... everything is alright...papa is here..." He pats her back.

"How dare he backstab me,when I ensure the safety of my daughter to him!" Chief Han growls.

Jia is bewildered. Was he talking about...Jun?

"Bring that bastard out!"

As soon as she hears him ordering,her eyes are cast upon the entrance where some men are dragging in Yeonjun,who was tightly bound with ropes.

"Jia!" He screamed as soon as he saw her.

"Jun...no way..."she gasped.

Yeonjun wanted to...kill her?

No way...she couldn't fathom that thought.

"This,is the psycho I was talking about,I never realised he infiltrated to become one of our own." Chief Han grits his teeth.

"How dare you!"he kicks Yeonjun in the stomach as he growled in pain.

Jia winces,tears in her eyes as she watches the men hit Yeonjun.

Yeonjun however has his eyes fixed on Jia.

"Jia...are you okay ..." He manages to say weakly.

"How dare you bastard. After planning this whole thing to take the life of my daughter,you have the nerve to even look at her?!"

Jia loved him. He was her first love. She couldn't believe he was the psycho all along.

"Papa...please...don't hit him..."she didn't know why,but she just couldn't see him being hit like that.

Her father looked at her sternly.

"Do you know who he really is Han Jia??"he growls in anger.

Jia is speechless after hearing his next sentence.

"He is the son of the Choi Seokjun!"

She was bewildered.

Choi Seokjun...he was the man who killed her mother.

"And now,his son came back to kill you and me,so that they can take over the control of Korea!"

Jia's father had told her about how her mother had died.

It wasn't an accident. It was a deliberate sabotage by Choi Seokjun,to wipe out the entire Han family.

When Jia was just about 7 years old,she was travelling along with her parents in a car. It wa her most happy memory,but also the saddest,since that was the day her mom died.

Their car was hit by a truck,in a deliberate attempt to kill the three of them to wipe out the whole lineage,though Jia and her dad survived,her mom passed away.

Tears trickled down her cheeks as she tightened her fists in anger.

She turned to face Yeonjun.

"I will ask you only one question,please be honest with me...."she wimpered.

"Are you really the son of Choi Seokjun?"

She really prayed he would say no.

"Yes Jia...I am."

She walked upto him and slapped him with fury.

She grabbed on to his collar.

"Why? Why did you do it?? Why did you play with my feelings you bastard!!" She screamed.

"It was you all along! All those attempts on my life,were all planned by you! And by saving me,you found a way into my heart. Wow Choi Yeonjun!! You are such a heartless jerk!!"she cried.

Her eyes became fierce.

"Papa,give me the gun. I will kill this man myself."

Her father was quite shocked with what she said,however have her the gun.

She took it and pointed it on Yeonjun's forehead.

"I hate you,Choi Yeonjun."

She stared into his sad eyes and was about to press the trigger when he spoke.

"But I love you Han Jia,I always have and always will."

Her eyes reddened and she was crying profusely.

She couldn't do it. She couldn't kill him.

She dropped the gun and ran out of the place.

Her dad gestured at his men to finish the job as he ran after his daughter.

Jia got into the car along with her father and rested her face on his shoulders as he patted her.

She heard a shot.

Now,Yeonjun was gone from her life.

She didn't believe there would be paradise anymore in her life. She was destined to live in the dark.

_______________________________

A/N 20th December 2021

Poor Jia...

How will this story end? Will Jia find someone who will truly love her?

Please vote it would be very encouraging

Saranghae❤️

Author V✌️