Chapter 4 : Pasta and Kdrama

One Friday evening,it was raining outside. Jia was in her room,studying for an upcoming test.

"Ahh,this is driving me crazy!" She sighs as she tries to engulf the textbook before her.

"And why did it have to rain? The weather is so romantic outside,makes me want to have some pasta while watching a kdrama!" She pouts. There is a knock at her door.

"Jia ssi?" It was Yeonjun.

"Aah..Yeonjun ssi,please do come in." He walks in with something in his hands as she looks at him curiously.

He places a bowl of yummy looking white sauce pasta before her.  Her eyes become huge as she looks at it with delight.

"How did you?" She is surprised he got it for her.

"Well you always..." He stutters before correcting himself.

"Mrs Lee the housekeeper prepared it for you,since you like to have it in this weather." He says pointing out the window,as it still rained.

She happily nods and grabs onto the bowl of pasta. While eating,she sighs.

"Anything that is concerning you Jia ssi?" Yeonjun asks.

She nods gloomily, "I think I am going to fail the test,I just cannot bring myself to study right now. I just want to watch a kdrama while eating pasta under this weather!"

Yeonjun thinks for a moment.

"Well,then you should do that first..." She looks at him in surprise. She expected he would nag her to concentrate on her studies.

"And once you are done satisfying you guilty pleasure,I will help you study...if you would like that..." Before he can complete she claps in excitement

"Yes! Sounds perfect! But wait! Only on one condition!" She smirks.

Yeonjun awaits an answer.

"You have to watch the kdrama with me!" He is surprised.

"Aah Jia ssi, I don't think I am into dramas..." He is interrupted with her throwing him a pleading look with her puppy eyes.

"Please Yeonjun ssi,I don't really have any friends to watch shows with....you are my friend right?"

His heartstrings are pulled at this.

"Okay Jia ssi...for you..." He gives a small smile.

"Yess!" She claps happily.

Since he did not agree to sit on the couch,she made herself comfortable on cushioned carpet on the floor and gestured Yeonjun to join her,which he did slowly.

She switched on the projector and began scrolling through the dramas.

"Hmm...what shall we watch?" She pouts as she tries to decide upon one.

"Aah!" She finally decides and puts on K2.

"So this story is about a bodyguard and the girl he protects...." She starts to explain.

"Kind of like us?" Yeonjun asks innocently.

"Aah yess..kind of like us." She giggles.

Yeonjun nods,he decided to pay attention as it might actually help him learn more about things bodyguards do.

Things were going well and they were enjoying each other's company-until an awkward scene came up- both the leads were having a romantic moment.

The room was filled with tension as neither Yeonjun nor Jia knew what to do. They awkwardly turn towards each other.

"Yeonjun ssi..." She says slowly as Yeonjun's heart beats faster.

"Yes Jia ssi..." He whispers.

Jia gulps, "Pasta?!" She holds it up ,asking him to have some,hoping it would break the tension which it did ,as Yeonjun chuckled.

"No...I am fine,you should have it.."

"No...I never had friends to share anything with...see there's even another set of chopsticks for you..please?" She says with the same puppy eyes he cannot refuse.

He nods slowly.

"Great,here! Say aah" She holds up some pasta with the chopsticks asking him to take a bite.

"Umm...I can have it myself Jia ssi..." She doesn't budge though,so after a moment of hesitation he takes a bite shyly.

"Good boy hehe!" She pats his hair giggling.

Like that time passes by.

Yeonjun is focused on the drama,which he actually finds interesting. Novels and dramas,things he never thought he would try,he was enjoying because of Jia now.

"That was a cool technique,right Jia ssi?" He says pointing at a scene and turns to look at Jia,who has however fallen asleep.

Yeonjun gives a small smile looking at her. He quickly switches off the television.

She seemed to have fallen into a deep sleep,so he decides against waking her up.

He carefully picks her up in his arms, trying not to wake her up,thankfully she doesn't.

He carries her to her bed and lays her down gently,before tucking her into bed properly.

She snuggles into her blanket and sleeps peacefully.

He goes back to his own bed in the other corner of the room. He too,rests,just looking at her.

"I will be your friend Jia...again..."

A/N

I had such writer's block with this story,but hey I am back in track😃

Please do vote on this story,that would be very encouraging 😊💖