Chapter 5:Something New

Jia turned and twisted as she slept. It was back.

That nightmare,the same one which haunted her every night was at it again.

An infant lies on the road wailing as a fire appears before her. She reaches out her hand to it and is about to walk closer before she is snatched and led away in the opposite direction.

"No... don't leave me..."she cries.

A boy appears out of nowhere as he fades into the dark.

"No...don't go...you too,don't leave me!"

"No!" Jia screams as she sits up.

She is still half asleep and is very afraid,not understanding what was going on.

She is quickly engulfed into strong arms which wrapped her in a tight and warm hug.

A soothing voice cooed down her ears.

"You are alright Jia,I am right here...I am not leaving...I will never leave your side..." She calms down as she hugs back.

"Stay..." She whispers softly as tears escape down her chin.

She falls asleep in Yeonjun's arms. He tries to budge and lay her back down ,but she holds him firmly,still asleep.

He realises he cannot wake her up now,so he let's her sleep in his arms,which she felt was a safe space.

It is a stormy night outside,with the lighting and thunder striking. She flinched in her sleep sometimes due to the sounds.

He pats her back comforting her throughout the night as she rested her face on his chest.

He softly brushes her hair out of her face. Her forehead was wrinkled,as she seemed to be tensed even while she was asleep.

After a moment of hesitation,he leans in and kisses her forehead softly.

He pulls back and smiles,to see the wrinkles disappear as she sleeps with a peaceful expression now.

He gives a soft smile.

"I am not leaving your side...I won't...until I am alive, I will never let suffering come any close to you...I promise Jia."

Morning light breaks into their room.

Jia yawns as she opens her eyes. She immediately senses something new.

When she finally comes to her senses ,she realises that she had embraced Yeonjun in a hug and  fell asleep in his arms.

She gazed at his handsome face,which was resting on her hair till now. She sensed his strong muscular arms which embraced her warmly.

She blushed. She had never been this close to a guy before,leave alone such a handsome one.

Though she was not sure how they ended up like this,she didn't want to wake him up right now,for some odd reason unknown to her too. She gingerly hugged him back,and rested her face against his chest.

It felt warm and cosy and she liked that feeling.

Too bad for her though,with the sudden movement Yeonjun woke up. He looked into her eyes,just a few centimetres away from his own. As he came to his senses,he slowly broke apart and got up.

"Good morning.. Ms Jia.." not knowing what else to say he quickly makes his way out of the room.

As soon as he steps out and closes the door behind him,he stands there and places his hand over his heart.

"It's beating fast...what is happening to me.."he mutters as his cheeks turn a deep shade of red too.

This was new,something new in the air.