399-411

Custom Made Demon King - Chapter 399
Chapter 399 Conversation
Perhaps it was due to a mysterious, inexplicable connection. Just as Sareth felt lonely because he could not get used to human society and began to miss his Mother Cassandra, who was far away in the Abyss, she was also feeling uneasy. She came to the demon hall to find Roy and said hesitantly, “Master, I…”

Roy was playing with a Demon Bible stele in his hand. Seeing that she wanted to say something but hesitated, he immediately understood her thoughts. With a flip of his wrist, the Demon Bible disappeared. He lowered his head and asked Cassandra, “Are you worried about Sareth?”

“Yes!” Cassandra nodded. “He’s been gone for so long. I wonder how he is now.”

Roy tapped the armrest of his throne. “Your contract with him is still intact, isn’t it?”

Indeed, the contract between Cassandra and Sareth was the parenting contract that Cassandra had voluntarily established in order to take care of this child. As she had already become a lich, she had lost some of her senses as a normal human. But through this parenting contract, she could clearly know Sareth’s condition. Whether he was hungry or sick, whether he was happy or sad, it could be clearly conveyed to Cassandra. Although Sareth was not by her side now, as long as the contract was fine, it meant that he was fine.

“The contract is intact, but…” Cassandra replied. “That child seems to be in a depressed mood. I wonder what has happened…”

Roy thought for a while before standing up from his throne. “I can roughly guess some. Sareth’s situation is too special. Look, he was a child raised by an undead, a fallen angel, and demons! From the moment he began to know the world, what he saw was a world that belonged to demons. His views and values were affected by all of us, but he is a half-demon with a human side.”

Roy was walking in the hall, and Cassandra was floating behind him and listening. He did not turn back as he said, “You were once a human, so of course you should understand the ugly side of human nature. Although Sareth has gone to a human world in human form, he always feels out of place with humans. When he sees the ugly side of human nature, what do you think he will do?”

Cassandra thought for a moment. “He should… act like a demon, right?”

“Yes, one hundred percent!” Roy nodded. “So I think there’s no need for you to worry. This is a stage that Sareth must experience. He must face that part of his human bloodline. During the process of getting along with humans, what humans do to him will impact his cognition. In the end, whether he recognizes his human bloodline or gives up his human bloodline depends on this trip to the human world!

“Cassandra!” Roy turned around and said to her, “You have to understand. I am a demon, and my standpoint is naturally from the standpoint of demons. If Sareth finally recognizes his human bloodline, I’ll get him to leave because he’s not suitable to stay in the Abyss. But if he abandons his human bloodline, I’ll completely transform him into a demon. Only then will he be able to stay in the Abyss forever, and will I have a reason to protect this Child of Taboo. Do you understand what I mean?”

“I understand, Master!” Cassandra nodded. She actually understood Roy and Benia’s difficulties.

This was the Abyss, the home of demons. The existence of Sareth, a Child of Taboo, was actually challenging the bottom line of demons. Roy was a demon lord, so no one could interfere with the presence of Sareth in his territory. But the problem was that a demon lord like Roy was not powerful to the point of being invincible. Above him were existences like demon kings, Deadly Sin Demon Kings, and so on. If the existence of Sareth attracted the attention of a demon king one day, what should Roy do when the demon king asked him to hand over Sareth or ordered him to kill Sareth?