The Start to Us

"So what happens now?" I ask as we stand alone in the forest as Seth hangs out with Renesmee inside, Jake's arm warmly around my waist as we enjoy some calm.

"I guess we can start to focus on us now." He says looking at me with a smile, and I grin at the thought.

"I would like that."

He kisses the top of my head before planting a swift kiss on my lips before turning abruptly towards the house. We see Seth hurry outside motioning to Jake's bike and he nods as Seth gets on it.

"Where are you going all of a sudden?" Jake asks as we both look to him and I see a slight panic in his eyes, but also a firm determination.

"I've gotta go talk to Charlie. Figure something out. They want to leave." Seth's voice pitches in desperation, and my heart suddenly aches for him and understand this is something he's gotta do.

"Well hopefully you can find a solution."

He nods in thanks as he takes off, gravel scattering behind him and after he's out of our sight we make a mutual agreement to head back to the Rez. Knowing we'll need to be there in order to start moving forward with our lives.

"How do you feel about heading to Sam's?"

I've got to see my uncle, talk to him about what happened and about what will be our lives moving forward. I feel him tense slightly as I watch his face for reactions, but he looks out towards the forest keeping a neutral expression. Keeping his thoughts hidden from me.

"I mean he's your uncle. I knew we would have to talk to him sooner or later." His response makes me bristle slightly knowing he's not telling me the full truth, and that upsets me.

"I can talk to Sam myself. But I was hoping with how things ended with Seth imprinting, that we could repair what was fractured weeks ago. But I want to know how you feel about it." He looks down at me before running a hand through his hair with a deep sigh.

"I don't know Addy. Sam was all for killing an innocent and a human with no thought of what it would cause later. I just...have a hard time getting passed that." I place a comforting hand on his arm, giving it a gently squeeze.

"I understand that. I can go back by myself, I just wanted to give you the option of coming with me as we make plans for our future together." He nods and I can feel his hesitancy to come with me, but not wanting to fight with Sam and I hope I can send some calming comfort his way.

"I should go see my dad at least. I never gave him an explanation when the split happened. I'll at least ask his advice about it."

I nod with a slight smile, and we walk back to my car Jake finding the keys in the ignition still, he decides to drive. He places a warm hand on my knee and I place mine on top, finally feeling some sort of normality between the two of us. The car moves in silence and I can feel the tension, uncertainty, and worry fill the space and so I gently squeeze Jake's hand as reassurance.

He smiles at me and the trip seems to be over faster than I thought, he kisses me briefly before I get out and head towards the little red door. I take a deep breath as I grab the handle hearing my car pull away and open the door, not knowing what to expect on the other side. I first see Emily sitting at the dining room table and she jumps up rushing to envelope me in a tight embrace.

"Oh Addy!! It's so good to see you. Are you alright?" She leans away to look my over and I can't help but smile slightly at her worrisome nature.

"I'm alright, nothing happened. If anything, things are extremely weird and tense at the moment."

"You're telling me. Sam's been all sorts of stressed, worried about you, and tense about the whole situation." She vents as we sit down, and I finally notice none of the boys, nor my uncle are at the house presently.

"Where is he? I was hoping to talk to him about what happens next." She just gives me a look and I should've realized they'd be on patrol. Especially if they still think Renesmee is a threat.

"I should've guessed. Well, I have time since Jake went to go see Billy, if you aren't busy I'll just hang out here with you?" My statement ends as a question not quite sure what the plan will be or if she's going to be busy since I feel like I'm crashing in on her alone time.

"Yes! You can most definitely stay with me! I'm always so bored when I'm here by myself." We laugh feeling like everything wasn't weird and changing so quickly, and I get a small sense that everything will be alright.

"I know it's been crazy, but I've been dying to ask you. When are you guys planning on getting married?"

"We haven't had a lot of time to think about it Em." I say with a slight laugh, knowing it was only a matter of time before she started asking me all the questions.

"I knooow, but you've got to have some sort of idea?" She asks as if we were still middle school girls talking about our crushes.

"It just kinda depends on when all this drama will be over. I want Sam to walk me down, but I don't want there to be tension between him and Jake while this all happens. I want us to be a family again." I state in finality, knowing that this is what I want in my heart.

"I understand that completely. The two most important men in your life should get along, and be willing to set anything aside because of their love for you. Don't worry, I think they'll be able to work it out."

I smile and thank her for the encouraging words, and enjoy the thought as I suddenly hear approaching footsteps outside and the door opening before some of the boys file in, before stopping once they notice me with Emily. My heart drops as those I considered family won't even say hello to me. I'm about to get up to leave, not wanting to show how much this is hurting me, when my uncle walks in and we have a tense moment of eye contact. He looks at me before quickly making his way to me pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry Adelaide. I'm sorry you were put into the middle of all that, and that we inadvertently threatened you by not listening. I was just trying to fulfill my duty to the tribe and keep everyone safe from the unknown."

He rushes out all in one breath and all I can do in that moment is hug him tighter. Knowing none of us meant for this to happen, but we're still family. I still love him even though it was crazy and unsure for a little bit. I know he was just being protective, it's in his blood, who he is as a protector.

"I understand. It's who you are, it's the same reason Jake did what he did. I still love the both of you, but I want us to be a family again."

I look up at him, and he searches my eyes for a couple seconds before he nods and I hug him tightly again. We stay in this position for a bit longer before I hear a car door shut and it's a hesitate couple of seconds before the doors open to reveal my fiancé. He doesn't pay any mind to his brothers around the room, finding me immediately before looking to Sam. Well, I guess now is better than later.