The Invite

*Oh my gosh guys! I am so sorry it's taken me forever! This chapter was hard to formulate, but I also got hella busy with Uni in the last couple months. But I should be able to update more often and I hope ya'll like the chapter!

Addy~~

"Yes, Jake. Always yes!" He stands and in one motions pulls me close, lifting me off the ground in a tight embrace and all my worry from earlier that day melts away. I can feel the stupid grin finding a permanent spot on my face, and I could care less. I don't think I've ever been this happy, and after everything that just happened...I'm so thankful to have Jake by my side.

"Jake, this is absolutely beautiful." I whisper, leaning against him as I look at the tribal ring sitting perfectly on my left hand, feeling a warmth spread in my chest knowing this was his mum's ring.

"Sorry I seemed so weird and distant recently. If you couldn't tell I was really nervous and wasn't sure how to go about all this the right way. I wanted it to be perfect and I was just afraid.." He begins to babble making me smile, before reaching up and planting a firm kiss against his lips as reassurance and I feel him relax as he reaches a hand around my neck to pull me closer.

"It's all so funny though, I thought you were upset after everything that happened with my mother, and were doubting my love for you--" I end up confessing, and see him look at me strangely.

"Why would you think I would doubt your love for me? If anything, I would understand if you doubted mine, especially with everything Bella put you through." He shakes his head, but I'm quick to dismiss his worry.

"I know I questioned it slightly when Bella kissed you, but I also found out really quick what kind of person she was and learned to not trust her, even if she had known you longer. And you were different from my ex, our bond, our love, it's different, and it's something I could never doubt." I say with a smile, squeezing his hand in comfort and he gives me a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"Well, I'm glad to hear you say that, and I'm glad you said yes. It makes me immensely happy." A wide grin crosses his russet face as he runs a finger over the ring on my left hand making me smile at everything once again.

The walk back to my house is blissful. The sun had set a while ago and we decided to walk back to the house, taking our time, not in a hurry to get back to the craziness of our lives. Suddenly thinking about all the guys back home makes me giggle, wondering if any of them will notice the ring.

"What's so funny babe?" Jake asks as he looks over at me, smiles on both of our faces.

"Who all knew about your plans?"

"Em just knew I was taking you on a picnic, and Sam was aware of what I've thought about this, he just didn't know when. Otherwise I wanted to keep it all a secret, because we all know secrets don't last very long in our group." He chuckles, and I nod in agreement.

"That makes sense. I was laughing because I'm curious to see who is going to notice the ring." He hums in thought before laughing as well, knowing that the guys at least will be oblivious.

"I guess we will see."

The rest of the walk is in a happy silence, as we enjoy our time together, still reeling in the events of the evening, and we're quickly at the front door of my home, able to hear the loud chatter emanating from behind the wooden door. With a comforting squeeze from my boyfriend, well now fiancé, we head into the wolf's den. We're greeted happily at the door by Jared and Embry who quickly invite us into the living room for a game of What Do You Meme, which fills the usually stressed wolves with laughter making me smile brightly. The rest of the night is filled with laughter, and no one notices the new jewelry on my hand, but that's alright, because as I lean into Jake's side, I realize we have all the time in the world to enjoy these happy moments, and I can get used to a life full of this.