So Many Boys!

The next day about lunch time I'm enjoying the piece and quiet, since all the boys are gone doing god knows what, just laying on the couch reading since it's a bit more chilly today then it has been.

I've been sucked into the imaginary world of Shadowhunters and Mortal Instruments when I hear the front door bang open causing me to jump and lose my place. Cursing under my breath I grab my book and place it on the table as I go investigate who had to be so damn loud.

"Um. Can I help you?" I ask a really tall, dark, and freaking hot guy that is now searching through the cupboards looking probably for food.

"I'm looking for Sam. He said he'd be here this morning." He says still searching.

"You're outta luck. He won't be in for a while. He and the boys are out doing who knows what." I mumble grabbing a water from the fridge as the boy grabs an apple after me.

"I like your accent—"

He starts, finally making eye contact with me, and it seems like everything freezes, it's the strangest feeling.

He drops his apple and holy crap lemme tell you he is hotter than I thought he was. With his eyes the colour of milk chocolate and an amazing jaw line! I need to know this guy!

I break eye contact and bend to grab his apple to see him still standing there.

"Here. And thanks I just moved from Australia." I smile and he grabs the apple, our hands brushing and electricity seems to spark. He grins widely back at me.

"Way cool. Oh..um I'm Jake by the way!" This kid hasn't broken eye contact but I'm not one to complain.

"I'm Adelaide but everyone calls me Addy. I'm Sam's niece. So you're the guy everyone's been talking about?" I say with a smile as we both move back to the living room and I turn on the tele.

"Its nice to meet you. When did you move up here? And all good things I hope?" He says with a laugh that rumbles his chest.

"Uh about a month or so ago. And of course, all good things." I'm pretty sure this was the same Jacob that was sick a couple days ago, well he seems fine now.

We start talking just getting to know each other and it seems he likes cars just as much as I do! Finally someone I can talk cars to and they'll actually understand me.

"So uh, how long are you here?" He asks and for a quick second his eyes look sad but are quickly replaced with curiosity.

"Well seeing as my Mum just left me here, I'm not leaving anytime soon." I say a bit bitter but smile at the end and he smiles back at me.

"Why did your mom just leave you here? I'm not complaining or anything, just curious." He says with a big grin and it's infectious, making me flush a bit.

"Well... We just weren't seeing eye-to-eye and it was a bad time for the both of us, something I don't wanna talk about... She asked Sam to let me stay and he wanted me to so I did." I say my mood dampening at the thought of my dad and how my mum ran from me.

"I'm sorry Ads, but I'm glad you're here." He slings an arm over me and inside my head I am absolutely fangirling!

He smiles down at me and I can't help it! I've just met this kid and he's glad I'm here?! I wonder..? No! Addy you told yourself you wouldn't jump so quick at a boy you barely know. It didn't work out too well last time..

So instead I just focus on being his friend that way I won't get hurt again if something happens. We talk a little longer, when the front door opens and Sam and the boys walk through helping bring in groceries with Emily trailing in the end.

"Em if I knew you were going shopping today, you could've woken me up to come with."

"Don't worry about it Addy, I didn't have the heart to wake you, but don't get used to it." She winks at me and I help her unload Jake following me, her eyes widen slightly but she doesn't say anything.

"Oh Jake. When did you get here?" Embry asks and all the boys kinda freeze... I thought they were all friends?

"A couple hours ago, I thought Sam would've been here this morning but since you weren't I just hung here." Sam slightly narrows his eyes at Jake like he's searching for something.

"Sorry, we ran into complications at work this morning and they called me in. What do you need Jacob?" Sam explains.

Tuning them out and I just help Emily, as she tells me where to put things because I still get lost and I've been here for a couple months.. oh well.

After we successfully put everything away, we start making pasta for dinner that night and the boys all move into the living room and that's when Emily decides to ask questions.

"So you were with Jake today then?" She asks raising an eyebrow and trying to suppress a smile.

"Yes Em. He came over looking for Sam like he said, and since no one was here this morning we just talked. You know, make friends like you told me." She looks kinda apprehensive when I said we were talking and so I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"Oh you know, our life secrets." At this her eyes widen and fill with panic.

"I was joking! Geez, we talked about cars and just normal things about each other." At that she relaxes and covers up her momentary panic.

"That's good, but I'd be careful Addy—"

"What? Just last week you were encouraging me about Embry, and now you're all against anything?!" I whisper so the boys can't hear, narrowing my eyes at her ridiculousness.

"I know I know, but after hearing your story—"

"You don't know anything Emily. These boys aren't anything like Michael. After that lovely experience I've learned to read people a lot better, and I have my Da to thank for that and right now all I need is friends. So don't try to lecture me on relationships because I'm not interested."

With that I walk out the front door, feeling a bit bad for scolding Emily but I can take care of myself thank you very much, and I decide to head toward the beach to think..

I'll apologize when I come back, but right now there's just too much stuff on my mind.