Together At Last

Waking up the next morning beside a shirtless Jake is something I've dreamed about for a while, not gonna lie, and after such a wonderful night this is perfect. Reliving the events of last night, puts a cheesy grin on my face, still not believing our entire families chipped in to get us our very own house to begin our lives together. Looking around our room as sunlight drifts in from the window, I smile at the little pieces of us Emily no doubt grabbed from my room at their house and placed in here and I begin to envision what I could add to it all. Hearing Jake shuffle between the sheets I turn to look at him as he turns in my direction, draping a strong arm over my torso I smile at his sleeping face as his gentle breaths fan my face. I snuggle back into his embrace and doze off a little longer.

"Addy...wake up my love." I hear a whisper before feeling gentle kisses being placed along my face, causing me to smile into the embrace.

"Good morning Mrs. Black." I hear in Jake's raspy morning voice before he plants a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Good morning husband." I don't think I'll ever get used to that, or ever believe I'm so lucky to have this man in my life.

"Sleep well?" He asks with the tiniest of smirks on his lips and I know there's a hidden reference to our activities last night.

"The best, and yourself?" He simply hums in satisfaction before pressing another firm kiss to my lips making me smile before kissing him back. We get lost in each other again before he suddenly pulls away, a large grin apparent.

"Alright wife, let's get up before you tempt me in to staying any longer. We've got some plans today." He sits up away from me causing my hand to fall away from his bare chest.

"What all are you planning on doing?" My shock evident, I thought we were just going to have a lazy couple of days...

"Other than you," He says with a cheeky wink, "My dad wants to give us something and didn't want to worry about it last night, so I thought we could head there for breakfast." He shrugs and I blush at his earlier statement, shaking my head at his bluntness before wondering what it is that Billy wants us to have..

I sit up and cover myself with a robe, knowing that if I don't Jake won't let either of us leave at a decent time for breakfast and Billy would have everything to say about that. I watch as my new husband gets up and walks to the shower, admiring the fact that he is all mine now, replaying scenes of last night in my mind. He suddenly looks over his shoulder, catching me in the act and smirking widely, he accentuates the movement of his hips and disappears into our shared bathroom. I hear the water begin to run, and I flop back onto the bed with a happy sigh. If this is what the rest of my life will be like, then I thank the universe for working everything out for it to end up like this. My dad was right when he said my life would be better for moving here, and I finally see it and as much as I wish my father could be here to share in it, I know he's smiling over us. I mutter a small thank you, before getting back up and placing on my undergarments and begin searching for something to wear as I hear the shower stop. Resisting the urge to turn around and gawk, I continue to look for the one shirt I have in mind when warm arms snake around my waist and I'm pulled into his strong chest.

"I'm trying to get changed for breakfast." I chuckle as he begins to place light kisses on the back of my shoulders ever so slowly.

"I just can't help myself. You look so lovely just like this."

"But I highly doubt your father and sisters would appreciate such a show." He chuckles and before he can say anything else as I feel butterflies settle into my lower stomach, I move out of his embrace throwing the newly found shirt over my head.

"No fair.." He pouts making me laugh as I slide on some jeans, and he begrudgingly slides on his own t-shirt and jeans.

We finally make it out the door of our new home and if it wasn't beginning to get so chilly I would've suggested walking, but thankfully someone dropped off Jake's Rabbit and we take that to his dad's. He places a warm hand on my thigh as we drive the short way and I smile at him placing my hand around his, as we pull up to the Black household. We get out and walk the short distance to the front door that opens without us having to knock to a smiling Billy who welcomes us in and we both bend down to give him a hug.

"I'm so glad you two could make it. I wanted to have one last meal while all my kids were in town." He smiles before leading us in and we see Rachel and Rebecca both attempting to make a large meal in the tiny kitchen. "And it was easier to have you two come get your wedding gift instead of me trying to lug it around." I wave at the sisters as we continue to follow Billy through the cramped house back towards where his room is. 

He rolls through first, Jake grabs my hand and pulls me to follow when I paused at the threshold, and I see a large wooden oval placed on the bed. Upon a closer look, it's a beautiful piece of whittling and wood burning that has produced one of the most magnificent wall hangings I think I've ever seen. My shock and awe is present on my face as I look towards Jake, but he's already looking at his dad.

"How long have you been working on this?" He asks in a low voice and I feel my eyebrows jump at learning this was handmade by Billy.

"Oh, since a little while after your engagement. Like I said, I had a feeling you guys were going to work those things out." I disconnect from Jake to get a closer look and it's even more beautiful up close.

Looking at the wonderfully carved acacia wood, it's natural light color shines with the protective coating put on top and the darker scorch marks give it a certain depth that only a master of this craft could achieve. Burned into the light wood is my new last name with our wedding date underneath it, around that and the edges, are carved wolves and wildflowers.

"It's a Black traditional wedding gift. Sarah and I had one, my parents before that, for generations before then and now the two of you can continue the family." I can't form any words that can describe how I'm feeling about this as I trace one of the wolves, but I know that I'm in love with this.

"It's so wonderful Billy."

"Dad, thank you so much." Jake hugs his father tightly and I smile at the sweet moment between the two who have been through so much together.

"You two deserve it. Adelaide dear, we're so blessed to have you in this family." He grasps my hand tightly after Jake releases him and it's wonderful to just be in this moment with my new family, feeling the incredible amount of love.

"Breakfast is ready!" 

Rebecca calls from the kitchen and we all head out in that direction, Jake grabbing the gift to place it in the car before we gather around the small table. The sisters are smiling and chatting with each other and their father as Jake takes his place beside me at the table and I realize just how lucky I am to have gained a second family here when it seemed I had lost all of mine just two years ago.