How Could You Be So Stupid?

~Jake's p.o.v.~

"Dammit Bella are you crazy?!" I say as she sits dazed on the sand, my mind being partially elsewhere.

"I'm sorry. I–I had to see something." I simply shake my head and help Bella up, Sam already heading back to the Clearwater's..

"Come on, let's get you home."

I get her into the beat up old truck, and head back to Forks. The quicker I can get her home, the quicker I can head back to everyone. To Adelaide.

"So, this wolf thing isn't all bad..?" She says to break the silence of the drive.

"It's better. Now that you know..and Adelaide–" her head snaps over quickly, did I say something?

"Adelaide? You mean that girl at Sam's house? I thought she already knew?"

"Well no...she didn't know all of it.. It—I dunno." I just shrug not sure of what I can say to Bella.

"Well, it's nice having you back Jake. I–I was afraid I was going to lose you.." Bella says quietly, slowly inching toward me..

"Thanks for driving and everything Jake."

She says after I clear throats awkwardly. She pushes open the door and I'm suddenly hit with the smell of rotten milk and burnt sugar.. slamming the door shut quickly I look around the house for any strange movements.

"There's a bloodsucker out there." I say as she looks at me like I've lost my mind.

"How can you tell?"

"I can smell the nasty stink.. I've gotta get you out of here."

I turn the truck around and start to head back, only for Bella to open the door and practically jump out.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Slamming on the brakes I'm able to pull her back inside.

"That's not Victoria! It's Carlisle's car!"

"Dammit Bella, if you go back and it is them, then I can't protect you here."

"They're my friends, I don't need you to—"

"You don't get it Bella. These are their lands...but if that's what you want—"

"It is. This is my choice." Well okay...

She goes into the house and I'm left with no other choice but to head back to La Push and tell Sam of their return...

~~~

~Adelaide's p.o.v.~

After the service for Henry, we had back home and we all gather in Sam's living room. All the boys were hit hard, they grew up with Harry and I just wish there was a way to lift there spirits..

That gives me an idea and I get up from my spot next to Jared, who has become my best friend since being here, and I head into the kitchen.

I begin throwing some cookies together when I hear the front door open. Looking around the wall I see that Jake has finally showed up.

"You know, you're a bit late." I say getting back to the cookies.

"Addy– I didn't want to miss it, I—"

"Don't worry. Sam told us. The boys aren't particularly happy with you about it though." I say hearing him sigh as he enters the kitchen.

"And what about you?"

"What about me?" I hear him get closer, but don't pay him any mind.

"Are you angry with me?"

"It doesn't matter if I'm—"

"But it does to me... The guys, they can't be mad at me forever, and I could care less sometimes. But if you were mad at me..." I simply shrug so he carries on with his thought.

"If you were mad at me, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I– you know how much you mean to me..."

"Do I? Jake, your brothers needed you today.. I needed you. You know better than anyone how hard funerals are for me. You've known Harry all your life, you could've dragged Bella along or at least let her stay here, but you left us all high and dry." I could feel myself becoming agitated but knew it wasn't worth it now.

"But no Jake. I'm not angry with you, I'm just disappointed."

I say, carrying the finished cookies out to the living room, giving all the boys a small smile before heading upstairs.

*gah! I'm so sorry it's a bit late! I've been busy with work and the holidays, but I'm back!

Also, R.I.P. Carrie Fisher you will be missed dearly. May the Force be with you.