Newborns and Shattered Hearts

Today is the day that the army of newborns comes to terrorize Forks, and put everyone's lives at risk... And I'm stuck inside the house, with strict orders from Sam to not even breath outside. Not really, but he was adamant on telling me to keep myself and Emily inside until they come home...  As you could guess, I'm not a fan of this arrangement and so I've spent the majority of my morning pacing the small living room, waiting to hear something-anything from the boys.

"Addy, stop your pacing. You're creating a draft." Emily laughs slightly as she grabs my shoulders, stopping me mid-stride and I look to her, dread weighing heavily on my shoulders.

"I don't like this... Em, I have a feeling something terrible will happen--" She smiles slightly at me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Addy, things will be alright. Okay?" She looks at me firmly, but I did notice the worry in her eyes as well, but if she can be strong about this..so can I.

And so I nod and begin to busy myself with helping Emily bake and began to clean up around the house, which needed a good cleaning, so it served as a good distraction. Hours start to pass and it begins to get dark outside, but there was still no sign of them causing my worry to return and the pit to grow in my stomach.

As I turn the corner from the living room to the dining room, a sudden numbing pain manifests on the entire right side of my body, especially in my arm. I gasp at the suddenness of it, dropping the cleaner that was in my right hand as I no longer have any feeling, and Em looks to me in shock 

"Addy what is it?" Em asks in concern.

"I don't know--"

Hang in there Jake... Suddenly pops in my head, and I look to Emily with wide eyes. "It's Jake. Something has happened."

I ignore the worried calls of Emily and run the short distance down to Jake's place to find the pack circled outside, and I don't miss the somber feeling, but I slide a bit in the gravel gaining Sam's attention of my arrival.

"What's happened?" I scan the group for Jake, even though deep down I know he's inside-hurt.

"Adelaide, everything will be okay--" Sam crept toward me when a pain-filled scream fills the night air, chilling my blood, causing my heart to stop. Sam embraces me tightly, and I bury my head in his chest, despising hearing Jake in so much pain. It finally stops, and I look up to see the vamp doctor coming out of Jake's tiny house, and walk to Billy's side.

"His bones will heal correctly now. I gave him morphine, but his body temperature will burn it off, I'll be back to set up a drip." Billy thanks him, and as he goes to leave he makes eye contact with me and sends a soft smile.

"He's been asking for you." 

Without another look, I hurry into the house, towards the back where Jake's small room was. I slowly open the door, and my heart breaks at the sight I'm met with. Jake's entire right side bandaged up, a grimace of pain still evident on his face, but his eyes flutter open almost like he sensed me at the door.

"Ads." He says barely above a whisper, smiling slightly and I notice the dazed look in his eyes from the medication.

"Oh Jake.. What happened to coming back in one piece?" I joke with a small smile, which he mirrors breathing out a laugh.

"What can I say-" His sarcastic remark cut off as he gasps slightly.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to get--" Worry flooding my voice as I turn to leave.

"Ads, I'm alright." He reaches out with his left hand, gently grabbing mine before I can go and find him something for his pain. 

I look at him, tears building behind my eyes, and he simply tugs my hand closer. I sit on the floor beside him, his too small bed barely big enough for his new wolf form, I reach up with my free hand brushing his wet hair away from his forehead. We sit like this for a while, not saying much, but the sighs of comfort coming from Jake are enough to let me know that he will be okay.

After some time, I hear someone suddenly run into the house, and turn in time to see Bella's face in the doorway. Jake squeezes my hand and I smile slightly before letting the two of them talk, but not going too far.. I feel bad for eavesdropping, but I'm too curious as to what it is that Bella wants, very much so blaming her for Jake's injuries.

"I am so sorry Jake... I didn't know you were listening, I didn't think it would upset you because of Adelaide--" My ears perk up at the way she says my name..what is she talking about?

"You still think I did all this because you believe I love you? Bella.. I fought this battle to protect my family and Adelaide. This threat was too big for your beloved bloodsuckers alone. You think I jumped into the fight upset that you were marrying Edward? Bella, you're free to make your own decisions and you no longer need to take my feelings into consideration." He sucks in a painful breath, and I wait to hear what he'll say next not really expecting him to say all of this now.

"Bella, you live your life with your precious bloodsuckers, and I can still be your friend, living my life on the Rez with Addy and my pack." His confession shocked me and judging by the silence it shocked Bella as well. Nothing seems to happen in the room, and I move a bit away from the door so I don't get busted for listening.

"Okay...Well, I guess I'll.. talk to you later Jake..." 

She sounds like a kicked puppy, but we all knew this was coming sooner or later. She quickly leaves Jake's small room, tossing her dull hair over her shoulder, only just noticing me long enough to send me a slight glare to which I just give her a blank look before heading back inside.

"You okay?" I ask, trying to seem nonchalant, hoping he won't be too upset at me for listening in.

"You heard all that?" He looks at me through tired eyes as I sit beside him on his small bed. I simply shrug, not really knowing how to answer, and he smiles slightly grasping my hand again.

"Jake..."  He sighs knowing I won't give up until he gives me an answer.

"I'm alright. It needed to be done, I just wish she wouldn't have brought it up now."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pried." He shakes our bound hands making me look at him.

"Don't be sorry. You have every right to know, and with Bella doing what she did... I had to tell her I couldn't keep dealing with her "confused" feelings."

Before I can respond, there's a small knock at the door and it's Carlisle with what looks to be a tool I recognize from my time in the hospital to be the medicine drip he mentioned earlier.

"Back with the pain meds as promised." He smiles slightly at the both of us and I move out of his way, watching as he places the needle in Jake's  free arm.

"Thank you." I suddenly blurt knowing if he was like other vampires, Jake would be in so much pain and we would be screwed trying to explain this to regular doctors.

"Of course. It's the least I can do after the pack helped us with all this." He says with a small smile which I return and he turns his attention back to Jake.

"Now it'll be a constant administration, and it should last you the night. Because of the severity of the break, I recommend not shifting for at least three days. I've already talked to Sam about it and he agrees, so just take it easy and enjoy your rest." We thank him once more and he nods, stooping under the door way and we're left alone again.

I sit on the floor again beside Jake, making sure to stay out of the way of the machine and once again begin to run my fingers through his hair. We don't talk much because the medicine begins to kick in, and I'm soon met with soft snores coming from my broken boyfriend. Laying my head on the side of the bed, my exhaustion finally catching up with me and I find comfort, falling asleep knowing Jake will be alright. 

**Happy 10 year anniversary to the movie that made us fall even more in love with the wonderful characters from the books!! I cannot believe it's been 10 years of Twilight already, but it seems I love the books and the movies more and more every year! I dunno about you guys, but I will definitely be watching the movie after classes today! :) Thank you all for being so fantastic and loving this fandom as much as I do!!

Also!! BIG QUESTION!! Who should I have Imprint on Nessie since Jake has Addy?? I haven't decided yet and want to know what you guys think! So lemme know! :)