Chapter 17- Simp

Ashton's POV:

I stretched out my hands above my head. I fucking hate studying. I looked over at Jayden to see what he was up to, but saw that he was asleep. He looked peaceful.

I reached over to brush the hair out of his face and examined his soft features. His eyes were relaxed. Their color mixed with his button nose and freckled made him look like a fairy. His pink-ish lips were slightly parted, probably because his face was smooshed in his arms. I caught myself staring.

"Snap out of it." I whispered to myself, pulling my hand away. I tried to refocus on my chemistry, but I couldn't stop thinking about how entranced I was.

Jayden stirred awake next to me. I looked at the paper pretending that nothing had happened. He glanced at the clock across the room.

"Are you done yet?" He asked.

"Not yet." I said shortly.

"Fuck chemistry let's go." He said shutting my book and grabbing me by the arm.

"Come on!" I complained. I was actually relieved to have a reason not to study. Jayden raised his eyebrows, tugging on my arm again. I sighed. "Fine. Just let me grab my books." I stuffed my chemistry book and notes into my bag and lifted it up with one hand, since Jayden had claimed my other one. Not that I was complaining.

He noticed he was still holding onto me and dropped my arm, a little flustered. He spun on his heels and led the way out.

"I'm grabbing snacks and going to the lounge. You're coming too." He said, leaving no room for debate.

"Alright then." I mumbled to myself, following him to the closest vending machines. I watched his tiny fingers hover over over the numbers, finding what he wants. He finally pressed 35 and I jerked away my eyes. What's wrong with me? He picked up the bag of Doritos (ew) and I reached into my pocket for some cash. Jayden held out his hand.

"I got it. You don't need to pay." He said.

"It's fine it's just a dollar." I said.

"Daddy's money." He said making a fuckboy face. I chuckled and he smiled.

"Fine, fine." I pressed number 12, barbecue chips, and he put in the money. I grabbed them out of the bottom and he grabbed the change. We walked in silence for a bit before Jayden spoke up.

"Hey, tell me if I'm wrong, but you seem off today." He said, stopping. I stopped too, turning so we were face to face. Fuck.

"Uh, no. Why?" I said.

"Oh, sorry, you seemed less obnoxious than usual." He smirked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Obnoxious? Is that the worst thing you could think of?"

"How about stinky." He laughed.

"No, I was thinking hot but okay." He laughed with me. We continued walking to the lounge and eventually we reached the double doors. We peeked in. No one else was there besides us.

Jayden went straight to the large sofa and plopped down and stretched out. I walked over too.

"Make room." I said, moving his legs aside so I could sit too.

"Do you have your phone?" He asked.

"Yeah why?" I said, pulling it out. He took it right out of my hands, his soft fingers brushed mine.

"Well we have like 45 minutes to kill so we're gonna watch Netflix. You have the app, right? Put in your password." He handed the phone back and I nodded to answer his previous question. He took it right back after I put the password in.

"Let's see...," he scrolled through Netflix's recommended section. "Ah!" He clicked on a show called ICarly.

"Seriously? ICarly? What are you a 11 year old girl?"

"Oh shush." He said, starting the episode. I inched closer to him until we were almost touching.

"Hold this." He handed over the phone. I took it and he just kept watching. Great I'm a phone stand now. Not going to lie, I did get caught up in the show. Jayden touched my shoulder.

"What-," I turned to look at him. Oh he's asleep. His head sat on my shoulder and he was leaning into me. I felt flustered. He looked so peaceful like in the library. I decided to let him sleep and continued to watch the show, smiling to myself.

Eventually, it was 5:30 and I nudged Jayden awake. He got up with a start, but relaxed when he saw me. That made me happy.

"Shit did I fall asleep?" He asked.

"Yep. I'm going to change clothes before dinner if you want to join, or you can stay down here, I don't care." God why am I being so friendly, ew.

"Okay I'll come with." He said, standing up with me and heading towards the door. We both went out and walked through the almost empty halls. Some boys still hung out here after school. I wonder if any of them saw me and Jayden in there.

We reached our dorm and I pulled out the key, unlocking it and going in. I gestured Jayden in first.

"After you, princess." I teased. He scrunched his nose at me.

"Don't mind if I do." He said, playing along. He walked ahead of me, his fluffy hair bouncing when he walked. Fuck he's going to be the death of me

A/N- currently eating Swedish fish and let me tell you there has to be crack in these. Kind of filler chapter SORRY IM SORRY I HAD TO PROGRESS THEIR rElATiOnSHiP THERES PLOT NEXT CHAPTER I SWEAR. anywho ty for 6k reads wtf- also lmk if u have any suggestions for the direction of this book! also here r sum questions while u wait an eternity for me to update.

Fav character so far?

What do you thinks gonna happen at the party?

What do you want to happen at the party?

Least fav character?

Name, age, date of birth, credit card info, birth certificate, and social security number? (Jokes ofc)