Chapter 29- Confrontation

I froze in my tracks, staring at the man in front of us.

"Hello there, Ash. Who's this?" Bill asked, pretending not to know me.

"Get away from us," Ashton growled.

"Woah, man, what's wrong?" He tried to play it off.

"I know who you are and what you did. Now get the hell back or I'm calling the police," Ashton said, unfaltering.

"Oh, the police wouldn't ever believe you,"
He turned to me. "Jayden," he said menacingly, "do you remember what I said I'd do if you tattled on me?" He asked. How could I forget?

Flashback

"If you ever. tell. anyone.," he spat in my face, "I'll kill you. I'll give you and your mother the slowest, most painful death I can manage. I'll erase everything and I'll get away with everything, do you understand me?" He finished.

"Yes, sir," I said, knowing he likes to be called 'sir'.

End flashback

"So what makes you think this are different now?" He asked as I stood frozen in my spot, terrified. I remembered the horrible things he did. I smelled his familiar scent, heard his voice, felt his breath on my face.

"Is it 'cuz your mommy found out? Is it 'cuz of your big strong boyfwiend?" He jutted his lip out sarcastically.

"I-," I choked on my words, blocking the tears from forming in my eyes. He grabbed my chin and yanked my head up to look at him.

"Speak." He ordered.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, too scared to cry.

"Yeah, of course you are. You're always sorry," he said angrily, gripping my face harder. "You're not sorry, you lying faggot!" He pushed my face away. Ashton grabbed my shoulders protectively, but it had the opposite effect to my scattered thoughts.

I automatically crumpled, covering my head with my arms, the outside world fading in my panic. All I thought was how he'd touched me. My breathing got out of control and I found myself panicking like crazy. I didn't feel the "comforting" touches or hear the concerned voices. I gripped my hair, suppressing the images of my dad and what he did. I couldn't snap out of it.

I also didn't feel the hands leave my back, or hear the yelling and punches and fighting. I didn't hear the dial of the phone or the sirens or the crunching of tires or more shouting.

I heard my name suddenly.

I snapped my head and saw what had made of the previous scene.

There were 2 police cars, and 4 police officers. One holding back Ashton as he tried to snap me out of my panic, and one of the others half-assedly holding back my dad, his face furious as we locked eyes.

"You little cunt!" He yelled.

"Sir, please calm down," the officer yawned.

"You piece of shit faggot!" He turned red as he suddenly squirmed out of the lazy officer's arms and ran towards me. I scrambled to get up and away from him, but he caught me and tackled me to the floor.

He sat on my, pinning me beneath him, punching me in his rage. My face roared in pain, feeling and tasting blood in my mouth. I didn't fight back, I couldn't. I don't know why but I couldn't move.

Everything and everyone became fuzzy and I grew tired. I could hear Ashton calling my name faintly, but I didn't care. I was just so tired, so I let myself drift off, being absorbed by that comforting darkness.

Just as I lost consciousness, the voices began to grow louder again, saying my name still. Ashton's voice morphed to higher, calmer one. One calling me patiently. A familial voice. My mother.

A/N- just gonna leave this here

What do you think is going on? (No spoilers!!)