Chapter 5- Goodnight

Chapter Five- Goodnight

"Your stop, Your Highness." My roommate joked as he gestured to the boys bathroom.

"Why the fuck is there a sign if it's an all boys scho- Wait! What the fuck is your name?!" I asked, as I realized that I didn't even know his name yet.

"Uh, no need to yell, sweetheart. Also, my name is Ashton Creed." He said, his nickname pissing me off.

"I wasn't yelling...," I argued. What can I say? I have to get the last word, it's just not satisfying if I don't. Plus, it pisses me off.

"So... about earlier...," Ashton trailed off, expecting me to talk.

"What about earlier?"

"Uh, when you, ya know, froze up. Did I do something?" He asked.

"No, you didn't do anything." I reassured him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Don't worry about it." I said. The look on his face told me that he wanted to say something, but he didn't.

☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎

Once we'd gotten back to our room, we both hopped back onto our phones, scrolling through social media and what not, until I decided I was tired enough to try to sleep.

I usually didn't sleep, as my father was always in my dreams, but I hadn't slept for a few days now, and I needed to be alert for tomorrow.

"Night, Ashton." I said quietly, switching off my lamp.

"Wow, going to sleep already? What a little princess! Well you go get your beauty sleep, then, sweetheart." He teased. I just hummed in response, too tired to form a sentence.

Soon enough I was fast asleep, another nightmare unfolding in a mind.

"Stop! Please!" I screamed at my father, who was holding his fist up to punch me again. He just chuckled and landed his fist on my jaw. Pain shot through my head, the world spinning for a little bit, before his words snapped me out of it.

"I hate you!" He yelled. "I wish you were never born! It sickens me that people like you are living among us!" He stomped off, the sharp smell of alcohol drifting after him as I heard his footsteps retread then get louder as he came back, his face fuming.

"You're a disgrace to this family, just DIE!" He yelled, as he swung an empty beer bottle at me. I tried to duck away, but it struck me right in the back, shattering, cutting my deeply in multiple places. The pain made me cry out.

"You deserve this. You deserve all of this." He whispered, as I felt the blood running down my back. He gave me a final punch, right to the temple, and my body finally gave out.

☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎

I awoke with a start, shooting us from my bed, drenched in sweat. It was that dream again. I shook my head to try to get rid of the memories.

"Looks like you're up, princess. Did you get enough sleep?" He asked teasingly. I just rolled my eyes and hopped out of bed.

"Well, I'm going down to breakfast, so hurry up if you wanna tag along." He said, smiling warmly. I noticed his perfect, straight, white teeth, and his gorgeous hazel eyes, mesmerized. I quickly glanced away and looked through my clothes for something to wear. I was trying to decide between a slightly too big, blue long sleeve, and a form fitting black tee, when Ashton spoke up.

"The blue one. It gets pretty cold." He said. I stared at him, confused for a second, before I realized what he was talking about. I nodded and placed the black shirt back.

I was about to change into my clothes, but I froze. What if he sees the scars? He'll think I'm a freak and won't talk to me again. He can't see.

"What?" Ashton asked.

"Turn around." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I'm changing!" I whined.

"Ugh, fine." He sighed and faced the wall. I quickly slipped off my other shirt and pulled on the blue one, not even noticing Ashton peek around at me, gasping a little.

"What?" I asked him, not sure why he gasped.

"Just the hiccups...," he explained. I shrugged it off, pulling on some black sweatpants.

"Done!" I proclaimed.

"Finally! I'm starving, let's go get food." He said, being oddly nice. I followed him out the door, into the hallway.

//
Thanks for reading!! Make sure to check out my other stories if you liked it!

So while writing today I listened to a new Spotify playlist and it was playing this like meditation sort of music and I feel like a gained a sixth sense.

❤️