Chapter 25- Giddy

Quick note:
Sorry my schedules been a bit off recently. I've been a little busy. You are all so beautiful and your comments make me so unbelievably happy. Thank you for the support (and make sure to check out my business which is crystalshacks on etsy)

He led us straight off campus and into the neighborhood next to it. I looked for anywhere we could be headed to, but only saw houses upon houses. This fucker better not be tryna murder me. I almost laughed at my thoughts.

"Almost there~," Ashton spoke up. I frowned.

"What do you mean 'almost there' we're in a fucking neighborhood," I sassed.

"Not telling, remember," he smirked hotly.

"Yeah, yeah," I mumbled under my breath. Ashton took an unexpected turn and I almost ran into him. I looked where he was going- a small dirt path. "Aw hell nah, this just screams 'taking me to the woods to kill me'," I joked. What's with me and the murder jokes god damn. Ashton chuckled at that and ran with it.

"Damn figured me out," he smiled and I walked a little faster to walk next to him, a familiar giddy feeling rising. We walked in comfortable silence for a while, occasionally bumping shoulders. Eventually a park grew closer in view until the path merged to a sidewalk.

Ashton suddenly grabbed my hand to tug me along towards the park. I felt myself flush at the sudden contact. We slowed to a normal pace as we got off the dirt path.

"A park? Seriously?" I asked, trying to mask my giddiness. I loved anything nostalgic and I was excited for where he was going to bring me

"Yes, seriously, now come on," he led us up to the edge of the park and stopped. I peeked at him still holding my hand.

"Ah, you can let go now if you want. I'm not gonna run off," I said half jokingly. I didn't want him to let go.

"I know," he said, shifting his hand. I thought he was as going to let go before he intertwined our fingers and smirked, a very faint red tint to his face.

"I-," I started, not sure what he was doing, but loving it.

"Don't ask why. Even I don't know that yet," he said honestly. I bit my lip, smiling a bit. I liked this side of him.

"So what's the plan?" I asked. He pointed a little behind the park, to a grassy hill. "What?"

"Come on," he refused to answer, taking me with him to the hill. He plopped down on the slope, restring hands behind his head. "Lay with me," he patted the grass next to him.

I sat down with a huff and leaned back next to him. He scooted a bit closer, enough so I could feel his warmth. I stared at the sky with him, enjoying the moment, engraving it in my head.

"Ashton?" I said. He look at me to show he was listening. "Thank you."

"For what?" He asked.

"I haven't been this happy since... well since forever," I said, embarrassed. A smile lit up his face and he turned his gaze back up to the sky without another word. I also looked up, watching the clouds move ever slowly. I sighed, content. I shut my eyes for a moment before Ashton spoke again.

"Jayden?" I opened my eyes and looked at him. He leaned on one arm to face me.

"Yeah?" I asked. He gently reached over and grabbed my face. My heart beat loudly in my chest.

"Jayden, can I kiss you?" He asked breathily. My breathing stopped and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Yeah," I whispered as he leaned towards me, placing his other hand on my face to cup my jaw. I closed the distance, bringing my lips to his. My face immediately flushed as we broke apart, only to reunite moments later.

"Jayden," he whispered. I blinked and then I was being nudged awake by Ashton.

"What the-," I asked, confused.

"You fell asleep for a moment," he chuckled.

"Oh," I said, touching my fingers to my lips, remembering my dream. I suddenly felt embarrassed at the one way kiss. I don't even know if he fucking likes me like that.

"It's pretty, isn't it?"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"The sky," he answered. I looked up and admired it before replying.

"I guess it is, huh." He perked up at my answer. "You a nature person?"

"Kinda. I just love this spot. I come here occasionally to relax." He explained.

"Oh." I smiled at the thought of him coming here and lying around.

"I've never brought someone here you know?" He said, looking me in the eye. I smiled awkwardly.

"So is this the part where you kill me?" I joked.

"Yes," he said before pouncing on my like an animal. He pinned my arms down, which immediately made my mind go to the gutter.

"Eager fella," I joked at our position. He smiled before becoming serious. "Wha-."

"I like you," he said suddenly, surprising me and, from the looks of it, himself.

"What?" I asked, in shock.

"I-, um, like you, like that," he whispered the last part. My face heated furiously.

"I like you too," I said honestly.

"Oh, so, do you wanna like, go out or?"

"Yes. Did I not just say I liked you?" I said, trying to mask the giddy feeling he was giving me. He pulled off me and stood up.

"We should head back now," he said, turning his face to try and hide his smile.

"Oh, right," I said, disappointed.

He gave me a hand up, "We'll come back."

"Yeah," I whispered, crazy happy.

I cannot believe that just fucking happened oh my god. I pinched myself. He likes me and I like him and we're going out oh my fuck.

I smiled to myself. He makes life so worth it.