Chapter 4- Trip to the Bathroom

Chapter Four- Trip to the Bathroom

After a while of sitting on our phones, my roommate turned to me and stared. I couldn't ignore him and it was starting to get annoying.

"What the fuck do you want?" I sighed and faced him.

"Quite the attitude for a little shrimp. I was just wondering why on earth you chose to go here. I'm assuming you either moved or were expelled." He raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to answer.

"You'll get wrinkles if you keep raising your eyebrows so much." I said, dodging the subject.

"Ah, so you were expelled." He smirked knowingly. I just stared, mentally begging him to not ask why.

"So.... You gonna tell me why, little boy?"

"I'm not a little boy, dumbass, I'm 17." I said, trying to change the subject.

"There you go, trying to change the subject again." He read my thoughts again. I looked at the floor.

"Here's the thing. Now you've made me curious, and when I'm curious, I don't ever stop asking. So, either you tell me what happened or I'll find it out another way." He said. It took all of my mental strength to hold back those memories.

"I...can't." I said, my mental walls breaking a little. Hold it together, Jay. If he finds out what you are he's gonna hate you and tell everyone about how disgusting our are. I gave myself an internal pep talk.

"What do you mean, you can't? Of course you can..." he stopped, probably noticing my expression, and cleared his throat.

"I will find out one day, but it looks like you're not gonna tell me anything anytime soon." He huffed.

"I barely fucking know you." I said, standing up.

"Well, now you're making it seem like you did something terrible."

"I didn't do something terrible, I am something terrible." I whispered so he wouldn't hear me. I stood up suddenly and headed towards the door.

"Where you goin?" My roommate asked.

"The bathroom." I decided.

"Do you even know where it is?" He asked, smirking again.

"Uh... no." I said, feeling flustered all of the sudden.

"Do you need me to show you?" He asked, a slight tease in his voice.

"Ugh, fine." I rolled my eyes as he stood up from his bed and started to walk over to me. He just stood there for a second, staring straight ahead, before cracking up.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'm sorry," he laughed again, "it's just...." he looked over the top of my head, then back down at me.

I finally saw what he was laughing about and crossed my arms.

"You're laughing at how short I am? Real fucking mature." I said, raising an eyebrow at him. He towered over me, at least 6'3 or 4, the top of my head reaching just above his shoulder. I pursed my lips at him, my arms still crossed, and gave him an incredulous look.

"Maybe it's just because you're freaky tall." I said. He laughed even more.

"I could literally step on you!" He teased as I started out the door, him following closely behind.

"I'm not that short." I mumbled. He bumped my shoulder lightly. I flinched away, my body instinctively flashing back to memories of my father. The pain that usually came after his gentle touch, the way his hands roamed my body, when he'd get that look in his eye right before he'd beat me until I was out cold.

"Hey, you good?" My roommate's voice broke my trance. I noticed that I'd stopped walking and jogged back up to where he was, making sure to keep a small distance.

"Oh, uh, yeah, sorry." I mumbled trying to toss out all thoughts of my dad, ignoring the concerned look on my roommate's face.

"Stop worrying, It's nothing, really." I mumbled again, as we reached the bathrooms.

//
Thanks for reading!! Make sure to check out my other stories if you liked it!

This is so random but today I had this mint and it caused me actual physical pain on how strong it is, and that's saying a lot bc my girlfriend's grandma always gives me these SUPER strong ginger mints that roast my mouth. Like my eyes were watering and I wanted to spit it out so bad but at the same time I feel like if I spit it out I'd ask for another cuz I'd be like mad that i didn't finish it. Damn I write a lot lol

❤️