Chapter 23- Bare Minimum

I literally don't deserve all of you ily so so much. more than u can guess. i really really appreciate that people read my work it's so motivating.

is now a good time to promo my etsy?
no?

*whispers* it's crystalshacks

ok here's another chapter bc ily

————————-

Shit! We rounded the corner back onto campus and I spotted a familiar brunette. I know I'm going to have to ask at one point, but I'm not ready!

"Look, it's Ashton! Go!" Grayson said, pointing. I pushed his arm back down.

"No! I'm not ready!"

"You're not gonna get an opportunity like this again, man. Go!" He urged. I sighed and gave in. Bouta go fuck things up.

"Uh- um, Ashton." I tried to get his attention before he went inside the building. He turned, a slight frown on his face.

"Jayden?"

"Yeah uh, we need to talk," I muttered.

"Yeah, I know," he said coldly. Great, he's pissed. I grabbed him by the hand and dragged him to a bench.

"Is this where you tell me why you've completely ignored me?" Ashton said.

"Well, yeah," I started. "Do you know Bill?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. He was at the party yesterday." He responded suspiciously.

"Do you know know him? Like do you know what he does or his family?" I asked, looking for his answer in his face.

"Well," he thought for a moment, "I guess not, but I do know he works locally." I sighed in relief.

"You're not lying, are you?" I checked his eyes.

"I promise I wouldn't lie," he said seriously. "Why are you asking, though?"

"Well, I know him and he's an awful person!" I said, not wanting to be specific.

"What? How do you know him?"he asked.

"Family friend. Known him since I was little." I answered.

"Oh. Listen, this doesn't explain why you were ignoring me! I just want to know what I did!" He said.

"That is what you did! You're all buddy buddy with him!" I huffed.

"Jayden. Tell me what's really going on. I know you wouldn't be so worked up over a simple friend." He said.

"I- I can't."

"Hey, Jayden," he tilted my chin up to look at him, "I promise you can tell my anything. I won't be mad or leave or anything. Just talk. I'll listen." He said reassuringly.

"Okay, b-but it's kind of a lot."

"I don't mind," he smiled. I took a breath before starting.

"Well...," I started to explain the situation. It was hard to get out, and I had to breathe for a bit to stay calm. I told him everything. From my dad leaving to him coming back. I couldn't stop my mouth and I didn't want to. It felt nice to talk about it. Like I had been putting off for so long. He sat the whole time, giving me comforting looks and all of his attention.

I spoke about under the stairs and what my dad did. How I came out to him and how my mom never knew because she was never there. How she never noticed the limps or the bruises or bleeding or tears or the puffy eyes until it was too late. I told him the day it ended. The yelling, the fight, Bill leaving.

I told him how long I've been affected by it. Scared to go out in case he finds me. How every single time someone bumps or brushes or touches me I spiral. How hard it is hiding it from my mom when I know if tell her she'll be supportive. And finally how I don't want him to never tell a soul.

"I- I didn't know," was the first thing Ashton said. I cringed, not knowing what he meant. I waited for him to say more. If he thought of me different or was disgusted or felt pity.

"I hope you know that I don't see you any differently and I'll never talk to Bill again. Jay I'm sorry you had to see me with him, especially since you thought I already knew. That must've been horrible, but I'm so glad you told me," he said. I smiled so big for the first time in a while.

"Thank you," I said honestly.

"Jayden, that's literally the bare minimum, no need to thank me," he said. "Can I hug you?" He asked. I nodded and he pulled me in to the warmest, loving hug I'd received in years. Tears pricked my eyes. Ashton noticed and he pulled back and wiped them from my face.

"You wanna skip today?" He asked, looking me in the eye. My breath hitched.

"Uh- yeah," I stuttered. He smiled and stood, grabbing my hand in his to lead the way. I noticed the way his hand swallowed mine, somehow liking how he made me feel small. He opened the door quietly to the school building, taking a shortcut to the dorms. He never let go of my hand, which secretly made me giddy inside. We made a break for the dorm building, in which the dorm front desk person was never there.

"Dorm, sweet dorm," Ashton unlocked the door and led the way inside, finally dropping my hand, making me sad, but also relieved he didn't mention my sweaty palms.

"What do ya wanna dooo?" I said, kicking of my shoes and sitting on my messy bed.

"Wanna watch something?" He pulled out his laptop.

"Yeah, like what?" I asked.

"We'll do you like scary movies?" He asked. I pondered it. Well I don't particularly like being scared, but the movies are cool.

"I guess," I said, moving over to his side to look at the movie he chose.

"So?" He asked pointing to The Conjuring.

"Never seen it, it's good?" I asked.

"Ohoho, you're in for a good one. Love this movie. C'mere," he patted the spot next to him after scooting over. I lifted the covers and snuggled into the pillow. Ashton chuckled.

"You sure made yourself at home," he cracked a smile. I huffed.

"What am I supposed to be uncomfortable?" I defended. He laughed it off.

He started the show and scooted a bit closer, making my heart stop.

Why does he have to be so distracting?!

A/N
Well hello there I haven't decided what I want to happen yet until I get more opinions so I think I have an idea but eh.

Anyways my aunts having another party (I'm staying with her) and she got everyone food but me and I'm a foodie so I'm pissed 💕

I'm so grateful for all of you!