Chapter 30- Forgetting

I blinked my eyes a few times, still needing to adjust to the room even though it was dim.

I lied in what seemed like a hospital room. It was dark, excluding the machinery to the right of my bed, which gave off small beeping noises, and the lady hovering above me calling my name.

"Jayden!" She smiled.

"Ma'am, I have to go through the check-up procedures, so please wait outside," the nurse warned.

"Welcome back, Jayden, how are you feeling?" She began. We went through the normal check-up process, me nodding or shaking my head in response, since I couldn't speak, before she went to make sure my parents were called back in. After a while, I was allowed to turn the lights on. My brain felt fuzzy, and I racked my brain to try and remember how I got here.

Fuzzy memories showed. I remembered my dad, and passing out and someone else, but their face was blurry and I couldn't seem to remember who they are. My attention snapped up as two people walked into the room.

"Jayden! We were worried sick! I'm so glad you're okay now," my mother said, tears in her eyes. Why is she crying? I saw the second person and dead struck me. Why the hell is he here? Wasn't he arrested?

"Do you remember what happened?" She asked. She continued as I shook my head, "Some kids at school pushed you down the stairs. You've been in a coma for 4 months," she said.

I furrowed my brows at what she said. I wasn't in a coma! I was... I was... where was I? Dammit I'm forgetting.

"Honey, go ask a nurse when he's free to go, he has to catch up on school when we get home." My mother asked my dad. He got up silently and left. My brain hurt as I tried to unravel what was real and what wasn't.

"Don't stress yourself out. It'll come back eventually," she smiled. I took a deep breath and nodded, even though my brain kept running a million miles per hour. "I'll let you sleep," she patted my head and walked out.

I couldn't sleep. I thought and thought and thought until someone flashed. A memory. A small moment, but it was enough for it all to come back.

I was home alone with my dad. We were under the stairs. A broken arm. A beer bottle. A sharp pain in my head. A ringing.

I swore there was more I wasn't remembering, but I know that it was just a dream.

Though I sleep with my eyes open
I do not see what is real
I dream and dream
With my eyes open
But it still all vanishes in the morning
- me (ofc)

Ayyy I'm such a shitty person🔥🔥😋😋😋😋😋

Jkjk.... Kinda. There's gonna be a sequel! Read next chapter I'm gonna explain it better.