eighteen

(a/n: tysm for all the reads ily)

waking up with a broken leg, foot and severe back and arm burns was less painful than eden had thought. her body felt numb actually. the amount of pain meds she was on gave her a better high than a pack of marlboros or a bud. she felt like she was floating.

it's been day three of her recovery and the whole time felt like a blur for her.

on the other hand, the rest of the gang was in the heavy heat of a courtroom with a shit lawyer. they really couldn't afford a good one but thankfully a sweet soc and her friends that were witnesses to the murder surprisingly stood up for johnny. in all reality, they didn't want to but considering the circumstances of the situation it promisingly worked out. pony and johnny were left with having to do 100+ hours of community service and a week suspension from school for pony, and johnny was expelled. not like he really cared for school anyways, he just went there for free food.

but hey, anything was better than being put in the cooler. it would've killed dallas to see johnny go through what he did at such a young age. it would've broken him more than he is now, and that's something no one could comprehend but the criminal who went through it all.

after court though, the gang parted their ways to wash their sweat off and finally visit eden. they weren't aware of her condition yet, but they knew it would break their hearts.

and it did.

the curtis brothers walked in, two and johnny following behind. their hands all held cards and roses. normally, eden would've hated this because she finds roses specifically to be cliché, but something about it being from the boys made it okay.

her smile was bright as her eyes were still hazy, yet she still looked beautiful, even in a hospital gown and hair she could barely wash by herself in the hospital showers. she still made sure she was clean from the fire though.

"i thought you boys forgot about me, i'm really glad you're here."

"we'd never forget ya ed, we had to go to court for the boys but they got off pretty easily." dar said planting a kiss on the girls forehead.

"ah! i'm so happy right now!!" she slurred excitedly "we got the boys here safe, i'm alive and you guys even got me presents...everything really gets better huh?"

the boys smiled at her realization.

"if we got you to hold us together i think we're good." two-bit smiled.

they all conversed about court and how eden was living with all the pain and difficulties of a broken leg/foot. after a while eden noticed something was off.

"hey guys, where's dal? i mean i'm not really surprised since he's kinda mad at me but a s
part of me expected him to be here..."

little did she know he was on the way with a gift. it took him a while to get something he think she'd like.

"hey don't stress, he said he'd be late." johnny reassured her.

"of course." eden quickly got upset. he had so much control over her emotions.

a few minutes passed and he came rushing in, his face a bit sweaty.

then he did something that took everyone for surprise.

quickly putting his gift down, he carefully hugged the girl, not wanting to hurt her but she didn't care right now. she squeezed him right letting him know it was okay, so he returned the favor.

"i didn't think you'd come."

"how could i not see you doll." he said, muffled into her neck, making her get chills.

they parted from the hug and he turned around to give her a gift.

"i hate roses so i got you this."

placing it in her hands, she smiled at the gold necklace around a teddy bear. it was his dog tags.

she looked up at him, her eyes as vulnerable as his. it felt like nobody else was in the room.

"aint these special to you dal?"

"of course they are, but when visiting hours are over i want you to know i'm right there." he pointed at her heart.

"god i'm gonna throw up," two-but just had to crack a joke. "dallas i swear i ain't ever seen you like this in my life."

everyone laughed except dallas.

"can you guys get out, you're bugging me jeez." he snapped.

"aaaand he's back." two said before the gang left, johnny still at the door.

"ya know dal, it's okay to be soft. it's just us, there's no reason for it i promise you." eden said.

johnny froze before pumping his fist into the air.

"doll, did you just call me dal?"

she froze, immediately trying to take the smirk off her face. she was flustered.

"i thought you only call your friends by their nicknames." he winked.

"shut up, it's the drugs talking." eden tried to play it off.

"if it's okay for me to be soft, i think it's okay for you to admit you like me doll."

"i think that's you who likes me." she argued back.

"what can i say man, you make it kind of easy."

"hey, take me on a date first damn!"

"when you get better i promise."

once again that feeling was back from when they first danced together. she was on top of the world right now and so was he.

"hey, i know i haven't lived here long but i'm not stupid. ain't there gonna be a rumble over this whole soc situation?" eden asked, unfortunately changing the subject.

"tonight actually,"