twenty-one

these past few days have been good for the gang, and great for eden. she got caught up on her work during the nights she couldn't sleep, and pony helped her with subjects she wasn't the best in like math. man the kid was smart. eden knew he'd graduate out of his brothers and i bet that made em proud too.

dallas was also the reason her week has been great. he was pretty affectionate in front of the gang and he seemed comfortable with her. the only problem was that he couldn't hold back that he may have read her essay. he decided he'd tell her when he dropped her off at home soon. he was a nervous wreck but he kept it together.

on the way to her house, dallas was awfully quiet and his mind went straight to "it's always a back and forth with me and her and it's my fault.". he let his mind get the best of him. he just wanted to know what the essay was about and he most definitely didn't expect what he had read.

"hello, dallas i've been talking to you for like two minutes now!" eden spoke up projecting her voice.

"fuck, sorry ed."

"what's going on with you?" her eyebrows furrowed.

"uhm," he parked in front of her house "i gotta talk to you man, and before you say anything just know that i realized how wrong it was."

"okay well spill it dal it can't be that bad."

"i read your essay behind pony's back." he tried not to look at her face, scared of her expression.

her heart immediately dropped. "it was private for a reason dallas," her voice was almost a whisper "i-i can't believe you did that and now you know everything. that's fucking embarrassing wow. i mean now you know how i feel and i don't want you to have that power over me because i know damn well you don't-"

he grabbed her face and kissed her. at first she couldn't comprehend what was going on, but then she melted into the kiss before breaking it up.

"you talk to much."

"and you can't mind your business."

"well it was a good thing i didn't doll. you should know i feel the same way."

her face got really hot before she shook her head. "don't try helping me get in, i'm still mad at you."

dallas smiled. "i know you really ain't doll."

"fuck you winston." eden flipped him off. "and when i say don't talk to me right now i mean it."

"what's with the mood change man?"

"you still read it dude i just- i'm not ready to trust you. you clearly still do things you know are wrong and you and that broad broke up like a day before we met! we're not even together and i don't wanna lose you so if you can prove you can get your shit together, we'll see what happens."

eden closed the car door, grabbing her wheelchair and made her way into her house with the help of tim. dallas didn't know what to do and he never thought he'd react this way, but he drove back to the curtis' and knew he had to talk to the gang.

once he got there he accidentally slammed the door shut. earning looks from the gang.

"what's got your balls in a twist dal?" two-bit joked as per usual.

dallas' expression became a bit vulnerable.

"oh this is serious." two calmed down.

the gang all sat around one another and waited on dallas to talk.

"if it wasn't obvious enough, i fucked up. and pony, don't kill me but i was reading eden's essay behind your back.."

"you what! dallas why would you?" pony said disappointed.

dallas explained to those who were confused about what had happened about the essay and what had happened in the car a few minutes ago. the kiss, her reaction and how he admitted he was wrong.

"well," darry started "eden is a girl unlike others in this area. she ain't easy and it's good that she ain't. it shows who she is as a woman and dallas you need to let her have her time. jumping into everything will fuck up what you want with her. i think having her around has really changed our perspectives on a woman, and she's a good one. prove to her you mean what you feel okay?"

the gang agreed with darry. he wasn't a man of many words but when he spoke, he was always right. they really loved the sheapard that walked into their lives. she taught them a lot and gave them hope. they all knew she was a great person, she just got the bad end of the stick like any other grease.

she had potential for something good though, especially dallas.

it was just time that was needed and that was okay.

"she'll still come around us i'll make sure of it. i'm gonna go home and check on her. see ya guys." johnny said.

the second johnny made it to their room, he thought it would be better to tell her the truth.

"ed, dallas did something today unlike him." he sat next to her on her bed. "he opened up to us. he cares okay? just like you wanted he's gonna give you time because he needs it too. just don't ignore the gang. we still want you around everyday okay?"

she nodded her head and hugged the boy. she was truly happy dally did the right thing. it gave her hope.

"he kissed me ya know?" eden beamed.

"yea man that's a bold move on dally's end. plus i see you blushing so i know you ain't all that mad at him." he teased.

"no, not one bit. i just had to seem mad because i cant take things fast with him."

"all im gonna say is, you never know what'll happen. some things will come quick and other things will take time. just let it come easy."

"wow john, who knew you could become a therapist."

"only for my big sis." he nudged her.