ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

Sophia shifted awkwardly in her seat and chuckled while scratching behind her ear, a sign that she was uncomfortable, "I don't know what you're talking about." 

Alcina takes a long drag of her cigarette, Sophia can hear the burning of the tobacco all the way from where she was sitting. She blew out the smoke between her dark red lips, "Don't play innocent, Sophia. You know I don't have time for games." 

Oh, Sophia knew, and she didn't want to test the woman before her, but she wasn't too keen on sharing either. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back with a sigh. She stared up at the ornate ceiling and allowed her thoughts to wander for the first time all day. Images from the night before flashed in her mind and she relived the moment she had with Heisenberg. The look in his eye, how it felt to have his hand on her cheek, the security she felt. 

It made her question everything, and she didn't like that. To her, Heisenberg was nothing but a pain her ass and she wanted it to be that way. She couldn't afford to care about him...she couldn't. 

The last time she cared about someone like that, they died. 

She was like the people in the village once. She had a family. A mother, a father, and two older brothers. She had only heard the legends about Mother Miranda and the other lords, she never thought one day she'd be one of them. Then the damn witch showed up at her doorstep and took her away. Tortured her. Used her for her sick experiments. 

Then she became what she is now. Though she wasn't exactly what Mother Miranda wanted her to be, she was still impressed with how her DNA responded to the Cadou parasite and offered a spot among the lords. It was either that, or death, so she didn't have much of choice. She accepted. 

But that wasn't all. There was one final test. A pledge of loyalty to Mother Miranda. 

Her family blind folded and tied up in a room while a pack of lycans feasted on their flesh. And all she did was watch. She didn't even attempt to stop them. 

In the beginning, she couldn't sleep at night. The second she closed her eyes, their screams would fill her mind. Now, it was so long ago, it doesn't effect her nearly as much, but on a bad night. A night like last night, it was can be just as terrifying as it was at the start.

She lost everything.

"Sophia?" Alcina called out to her and the white-hair girl popped up unaware of how long she'd been quiet for. 

Sophia shook her head, ridding her mind of all her thoughts, "I'm sorry, I--"She's interrupted by three figures that from in front of them.

"Mother," Daniella speaks. 

"What is it?" Alcina asks worriedly. 

Bela answers, "It's Mother Miranda, she's returned." 

Sophia and Alcina's eyes lock from across the room. It's been roughly two days since the witch had disappeared without a word to the other lords. They all figured she had gone to capture the child, but she didn't disclose how she would do it. I guess they were about to find out. 

All five of them were together once again, but Mother Miranda was no where to be seen. Sophia caught sight of Karl tucked away in the corner hiding underneath his hat. Guilt pooled in her stomach as she felt it was her fault that he kept his distance. "It's best this way," she told herself and averted her attention elsewhere. 

"Where is she, where is she, where is she!?" Angie asked repeatedly as she jumped around Donna who walked in as solemnly as ever.

Moreau thumped around, "Mo...ther Mira--nda? Do you--think she miss..ed me?" 

"Shut up, ugly!" Angie chastised and Moreau growled at her in response. 

"The both of you shut up," Sophia mumbled to herself and fell back into her seat. 

A few seconds later, the double doors flew open and a voiced boomed in the crumbling building, "FOOLS!" A maniacal laughed echoed, "THEY'RE ALL FOOLS!" Sophia was back onto her feet in a split second, "They thought they could stop me..." Miranda brushed past anyone or anything that stood in her way and in her arms...she held a child. 

"Rose," Sophia thought as she noticed the baby, "That bitch did it."

She feels a presence get close to her and she knows just by the smell it's Heisenberg, but she's too distracted to care. 

Mother Miranda takes her place in the center of the room and all eyes watch her intently waiting with anticipation. Sophia can hear her cooing and shushing the baby, rocking her gently back and forth, "My precious Eva." Suddenly, she whips around to face the others, "Ladies and Lords! Now that I've finally found my vessel...the ceremony can commence!" Sophia swallowed thickly as nerves settled over her, "Each of you will protect a piece of her until it is time. I will hand deliver it to you at your respectful homes. Until then, go...finish your task at hand." 

She dismissed them with a wave of her hand and just as quickly as it began, it was over. 

Sophia glanced over her shoulder and looked up at Karl, now fully conscious of their closeness. He sent her a small smile, which she didn't return. Instead stormed away, out the doors and to her shack as fast as her feet would carry her. 

Heisenberg still as confused as ever takes off after her, not caring what the other might think. He sees her white cloak flowing majestically behind her as she runs off. "Sophia!" He yells after her, but she ignores him. "Sophia!" He repeats a bit more aggressively, but she still didn't listen. 

Tired of her games, he raises his hand lifting any metal that is within their radius and extends his hand out toward her. He knew it wouldn't hurt her, it was just enough to piss her off and get her to stop running away. It all goes straight to the back of her head and her body completely froze. 

Slowly, she circled around herself, a clenched jaw and balled up fist with daggers for eyes. 

"There she is," Karl uttered happily, with slight hope she heard it. 

A/N: Sorry I'm late guys, it's been a busy day. I hope you all enjoy though! <3