ꜰɪɴᴀʟ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ

"What's the game plan?" Sophia asks Chris as they rushed to find their way back up to the surface.

The muscular man shrugged, a small frown on his face, "I was thinking we could just wing it."

Sophia deadpanned at the words, "Wing it? You're the captain of an elite military squad and your plan is to...wing it?" They slowed to a stop once reaching the giant hole.

"Well do you have a better idea?" He shot back over his shoulder, and she bit down onto her lip while crossing her arms over her chest.

"No..." she answered, albeit reluctantly earning a small chuckle from Chris.

"Didn't think so," he jutted his chin forward, "You need help getting up?"

"I think I can manage," she told him, a bit of sarcasm laced through and leaped up grabbing the edge, lifting herself up. She straightened her stance and brushed the dirt of her hands while she waited for Chris.

Her red eyes roamed the surrounding area, the village in an even worse shape that it was when they jumped down. Pretty soon, it would be nothing but rubble.

As it should be.

Once Chris had gotten up, they headed in the direction of the ceremony site. Following the path of raging black roots, and as they got closer with each step, Sophias heart beat a little quicker.

Maybe it was nerves, maybe it was fear, maybe it was excitement. Perhaps it was all three.

Chris slowed his jogged in front of Sophia, so she did the same. Before him was where the ceremony had taken place and if it weren't for his large build she would probably be able to see it.

She walked closer and peered over his shoulder allowing her to witness what was happening.

Ethan and Heisenberg standing before Miranda as she held baby Rose in her arms. The blonde man held her at gunpoint, shouting angrily, "Miranda!"

"Chris?" Sophia tilts up worried eyes as she looks to him for some sort of direction. If they didn't act fast, this could all go terribly wrong.

He exchanges looks with her for a second, then looks back up to the scene. "Follow me," he orders quietly and the pair sneak in without alerting the others.

He uses the environment to climb up to an overlook of the whole room.

All the while, Miranda circles around herself finding the two men challenging her, "You just don't know when to give up, do you?"

"Give Rose to me! Now!" Ethan growls, cautiously stepping forward. His weapon still aimed at her head.

Chris reaches his arm down, beckoning for Sophia. She jumped up and latched onto his arm. He pulled her up like nothing and now the two had the best view in the house.

Miranda held a threatening gaze with Ethan and Karl, she wasn't scared of what power those two together may possess. Because to her, she was still the most powerful being in that room, "You will see. Once I kill you properly, every—"

Sophia was so focused on what was happening down there, she didn't even pay attention to what Chris was doing next to her. His gun propped up and the barrel aimed at Miranda. He pulled the trigger and sent a bullet through the side of her face.

Three heads whipped in their direction, and Sophia made brief contact with Heisenberg. She sent him a small smile, which he returned.

"Get her! Now!" Chris yelled at the father, and Ethan lunged forward taking Rose into his arms. Sophia felt a sense of relief seeing the baby in her father again, but it quickly went away once Miranda jumped forward and clung onto Ethan. Attempting to steal the baby back.

Karl acted fast, swinging his hammer and the blonde woman and knocking her to the floor. Her heavy breathing could be heard all the over by Sophia and her head stayed down as she spoke, "I've spent a lifetime creating this moment...and you try to take it away from me?" Her head popped up from between her shoulders revealing her entirely black eyes, "I will take what is due." In the blink of an eye, vines emerge from the ground lifting Miranda off of the floor and simultaneously taking Rose once again, "My desires will be fulfilled!" 

Horror washed over Ethans face as he watches his baby girl get taken from him, reaching out to her, "No!" 

The four watched from different parts of the room as Miranda reached her fully mutated form. Something Sophia had the pleasure of never having to witness until now. What was the best way to describe it. The love child of a large spider and raven? That was the simplest way it. 

"Rose is mine!" Her voice echoed menacingly, giving Sophia goosebumps. Then suddenly Ethan and Karl were encased completely. She had created a similar barrier to the one that hid her and Mia, keeping them in. 

"No, no, no..." Sophia mumbled frantically under breath, and in the heat of the moment almost smashed her fist into the fleshy surface, but froze when it occurred to her how gross that would be. 

"Shit," Chris cursed, and shot up to his feet. He raised his gun and waved her Sophia to stand back, "Here. Come here." She listened and scrambled to her feet then took her place behind him. He held his finger on the trigger and fired off a whole magazine onto the wall. Nothing. He let out a rough sigh as the gun fell from his hands, "There's nothing we can do." 

Sophia bit down onto her lip, exhaling slowly out of her nose as an idea came to mind, "That's not entirely true." With pushed down brows, Chris tilted his head down to the crimson-eyed girl, "I have something. I've only done it once...and I don't know how long I'm going to be able to hold it." 

"Is it enough to kill Miranda?" He asked skeptically. 

There was some hesitance behind her answer; fear. Her eyes fell shut for a moment and she nodded, "Yeah...it is."