ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴏᴘᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Sophia observed the brunette with her own eyes for the first time and seeing her in a photograph didn't count. Not to Sophia. She was just as beautiful nonetheless, the crimson eyed girl envied her long brown hair and light brown eyes. Both things she had once, when she was normal. 

But under all that beauty was fear and it took too long for Sophia to realize that was her fault.

"How do you know my name?" The brunette questioned, with a shake to her voice.

An awkward chuckle brushed past Sophia's lips and she rubbed her forearm, "I know a lot more about you than you'd probably like." She dropped her eyes to the floor, guilt pooling in her stomach, "If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be here and your family wouldn't be in danger," she admitted, albeit reluctantly.

"What?"

The crimson eyed girl took a deep breath before starting, if anyone deserved an explanation it was her, "I have a gift that allows me to look through the eyes of another at anytime and anyplace. Miranda received intel that about your daughter, but she unsure if it was true. She used me to find Rose..."

Mia took a cautionary step back away from the cell bars, narrowing her gaze suspiciously on Sophia, "You're one of them. One of the five lords she's always going on about."

Sophia nodded, "Yes I am but, I'm not here to hurt you—"

An amused chuckle rose out of the woman and she interrupted Sophia, "Oh, it is far too late for that! My family is going through hell because you!"

"You don't think I don't know that!" The red eyed girl shot back, "Why do you think I want to help you!" She through her arms out to the side in exasperation. 

Mia snapped her mouth shut, not expecting her to shout back at her and Sophia realized she was being terribly rude. You couldn't blame her though, it's been a long day.

She pressed her lips into a fine line and gathered her composure, "Listen, I understand you've been through a lot. Why? Because I have too. You've been dealing with this shit for what? Six...seven years?" Mia stared at her like she was crazy, but still nodded, "Yeah well, I've been dealing with it for seven decades. I'm sorry about your daughter and your husband. And I'm sorry your locked in a cage, but I've been trapped on what might as well be hell on earth longer than you have been alive. Now, I want to help you, but I'm gonna need a little trust and cooperation. Can you do that?"

She was in complete disbelief but, she also had no better options, so Mia nodded once again.

"Good...now," Sophia exhaled, "what can you tell me about Chris Redfield?"

The plan was in full swing. While Ethan was finishing up with Moreau, Karl was finishing last minute details. He was going to willingly give Ethan his flask to gain his trust. Of course, not without a little fun first. He placed it at the end of the lycan stronghold, which Ethan would have to fight his way through to retrieve it. This included a little entertaining battle between him and Urias.

Well, entertaining to him, he's not so sure how Ethan would feel about it or Sophia. Come to think of it he might kill her for this but, once she and him get out of this god forsaken place, he doesn't think she'll mind too much.

"Let him get to the flask but, don't make it too easy in him," he tells the creatures as he's leaving.

He had to make a pitstop at Sophia's cabin, he needed the kid's heart too. He stepped into the small space and figured right out that gate it wouldn't take him to long to find where she hid it. To him, the most logically place would be, perhaps under a floorboard. But, knowing Sophia, she didn't think like that. 

His eyes scanned the room from right to left landing on the tiny curtains pulled closed under the sink. He stared at it for a second, really debating if she would put there or not, "She's smarter than that, Heisenberg. Give her some credit." But, just so he could check off all his boxes, he strode over and kneeled down in front of it, then separated the two pieces of fabric. 

The corner of his mouth raised into a crooked grin and he laughed seeing the container sitting perfectly in the center. He reached in and took it in his grasp, "What am I gonna do with you, Sophia Finch."    

Once he's back in the comforts of his factory, he sits in front of a wall of TVs. Each one connected to a different camera he set up around the village so he could keep an eye on things, since he didn't have Sophia.

God, he hoped she was okay. She's been on his mind all day. When he tried to think about something else, she would just wiggle her way back inside.

She's strong, he knew she could handle herself, but then again he knew how cruel Miranda could be. Sophia may have been her favorite, but she sure had a fucked up way of showing it.

For decades, he's watched Sophia get treated like dirt. Constantly being pushed around, sucked dry of her ability. It drove him nuts.

And the worst part was, Sophia let her. Not once did she stand up for herself. It wasn't because they couldn't, because believe him, some of them have gotten into it with Miranda. They always lost but, they were never afraid to speak their mind. But Sophia was.

She is terrified of Miranda and it drives him nuts because he doesn't realize just how powerful she really is.

He's pulled from his thoughts when he see's Ethan walk into Moreau's hut...in one piece. He leaned forward onto the table to get a closer look at the television, "Son of a bitch, that bastard really did it." He flicked a switch or two and picked up a microphone, "You're better off than I thought." 

Ethans head whipped toward the television screen, which showed a picture of Heisenberg's crest--a special touch, "Who's that?" 

Karl chuckled softly, "Oh, come on, we just met awhile back." He leaned back into his seat and kicked his feet up onto the table, "Not that it really matters..."

The blonde took aggressive steps toward the TV, "You're the next asshole in my way, aren't you?" 

Heisenberg ground his teeth together. Sure, call him that, call the others that, but do not call Sophia that, "Ah, ah, Ethan...be very careful with your next choice of words or I might revoke my offer." 

"What offer?" He spat. 

"You've got fight, I'll give you that, Ethan. But what's the plan when you have all five flasks?" 

Ethan was growing impatient, "Get to the point!"

"I can lend you a hand," Karl told him. 

"Trying to get on my good side?" Ethan asked with some underlying humor in his tone. 

Heisenberg rolled his eyes underneath his shades, "Don't get cocky. I'd kill you if you weren't worth the trouble..." There was a moment of silence and he knew he gotten his attention, "There's a stronghold not too far outside the village. Go there and get my flask. Do that, and you pass. First, head back to the graveyard." 

Ethan shook his head, "Wait, what about the last--"

Heisenberg cut the connection before he could finish his sentence, not that he needed for it to be on to know what he was asking about, "One thing at a time, Ethan Winters. One thing at a time." 

His eyes wandered off the screens for a second and they landed on the photograph of Sophia he had taken off the wall in the barn to prop up on the table. 

"Just a little bit longer, Soph." 

A/N: Quick little thank you for all the love on this story. Your guys' comments and messages make my day, you have no idea. FYI, there's a chance I won't be able to get a chapter out for a couple days. I have a busy weekend coming up. I'm gonna try my best but, no promises. Much love to you all, Maddie <3

I hope you enjoy the chapter :)