ꜱᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ

Sophia rested peacefully on Karl's chest while he stared mindlessly up at the ceiling, listening to her steady breathing. Every now and again, a muffled word escape. No matter how many times he tried, he couldn't tell what it was. Though, he could've sworn at one point she said his name, but maybe he just wanted it to be his name so, that's what he heard.

He hated the idea of leaving her alone, there was few things he needed to take care of and he felt it best to let her sleep. He wouldn't be gone long anyway. Cautiously, he lifted the singular blanket that covered the bed and slid out from underneath her, allowing her to fall onto the pillow. He picked up his clothes from the floor, and grabbed a somewhat clean shirt since his other other got left in the workshop. He placed his hat on his head and his sunglasses over his eyes. Standing by the edge of the bed, he took one more look at the girl, a loving smile stretching across his face. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her temple, "I'll be back soon. Sleep well, my love."

Karl went through his normal routine. He checked the perimeter of the factory, looking for any problems with the machinery and making sure that everything ran normally. He then took a little trip to the outskirts of the village, investigating the situation there. It was at that moment he wished he brought Sophia along, cause he couldn't see shit. But, just when thought there was nothing, he saw a group of individuals in all black heading toward the locals church with cases of equipment. Cases that donned the Blue Umbrella symbol.

"Damn," he cursed under his breath as they all moved inside. He didn't see that Redfield character, and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. They'd be looking for the kid and Miranda, and mostly likely the rest of the lords. Granted, they weren't dead by the end of all this.

With Sophia not being around, Karl went ahead and stopped by the lycan stronghold on his way back to the factory to make sure the beasts were behaving themselves. As soon as he walked into the den they are started snapping at him, which was no surprise to him.

"How she puts up with all of you is mystery to me," he tells them irritated as he makes his way through the the crowd and they started to back away, but their deathly glares still situated on him.

Since it all seemed to be in order, Karl was on his way out to leave when one of them started howling, making the rest of them do the same. Heisenberg growled in frustration and threw his hands out, "What now?!" He spun around expecting to see them fighting one another, but no, they were running out of the cave, in all different directions. Some of them stayed behind but, most almost all of them were leaving.

It made Karl think about what they might be going after without Sophia's permission.

Sophia.

It hit him like a truck and the next thing he knows, he's running out with them. He starts scolding himself; he shouldn't have left her. Had he just been patient and waited for her to wake, she could've come with him.

The lycans surrounded the whole perimeter making it impossible to get the front gate, "Get the fuck out of the way!" He shouted, shoving them forcefully out of his path. When he finally made it to the door of the barn, he didn't even wait for it to open all the way. He slid through the moment he could, "Sophia!?" He rushed down the stairs to the lower level, "Sophia?!"

Silence.

He frantically searched every room that he stumbled across, his heart beating a little faster each time she wasn't there. He even checked rooms she never even been in, rooms she wouldn't have even known about. Once he accepted that fact that she was in fact gone, he let the rage consume him completely, "Goddammit!"

He stormed into the nearest room and threw himself back into a chair, removing his hat from his head and running his fingers through his hair. He let his mind race; she wouldn't just up and leave, if that was the case the lycans wouldn't have reacted the way the did. Did Umbrella come snatch her the second he left? Maybe it was Ethan, but he doubted it. Then he saw something across the room underneath a work table. His eyes narrowed on the mysterious object, slowly rose from his chair and took ginger steps toward it.

Once he got a clear look of it, he hoped it wasn't what he thought it was. It sure as hell better not be. He knelt down and took it in-between in thumb and index finger, twirling it around.

A raven feather.

Sophia was chained to the wall like a dog on a leash. When she woke up, she was changed into a beaded white dress and didn't really know where she was. Quite frankly, she didn't really care. Her eyes were swollen and red since she'd been crying the moment she had awakened. She wondered if he discovered her missing yet. She could find out, but she was frightened to. She didn't want to feel whatever pain he might have been enduring.

Footsteps echoed through the room but, Sophia didn't bother lifting her head to acknowledge the person. She heard the turning of a rotary phone and an angry voice talk into it, "Donna...it has been brought to my attention that Ethan Winters had escaped Castle Dimitrescu with that flask and is on his way to you now. See to it that he does not leave." Sophia lifted her eyes slightly at her words, "Ethan escaped?" Miranda slammed the phone down and she jumped slightly at the sound.

"They didn't make it, did they?" The crimson-eye girl asked sadly.

Miranda glares at her from the corner of her eye, "No. They didn't." The woman walked over and took Sophia's chained wrists roughly in her hand. She unlocked the metal restraints and they fell to the floor with a clang, "Come, we have work to do."

A/N: Yes, I am slightly changing the timing of the game. I don't think it will really bother anyone, but hey, "longer game," longer story. I hope everything's making sense...I'm always worried it doesn't haha. I hope you guys enjoy tonight chapter!