ᴀ ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ

--:::------::------------------->◇<--------------------::------:::---

𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓙𝓸𝓲𝓷 𝓤𝓼 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓮

𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

𝓞𝓯

𝓢𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓲𝓪 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓱

&

𝓚𝓪𝓻𝓵 𝓗𝓮𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓰

𝓞𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓶𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓒𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓒𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮

--:::------::------------------->◇<--------------------::------:::---

Sophia had knots in her stomach. Her palms were clammy and her heart thundered so hard in her chest it reached her ears. She didn't imagine she'd be this nervous when they day came. She had felt quite normal leading up to this moment. It wasn't until Mia helped her into her dress that it really hit, she was getting married today.

Crimson eyes were fixated out the bedroom window watching the twins be chased by the new addition to the family.

Beast was some sort of wolf breed but, Sophia wasn't sure which kind nor did she know how he got all the way over to them. They discovered him injured in the woods behind the house and naturally, her first instinct was to be cautious with him. He was a wild animal but, he took an immediate liking to the woman allowing her to nurse him back to health.

Over that short period of time, Elias and Clara grew to absolutely adore him and, to no one's surprise, so did Sophia. It took sometime to convince Karl but, in the end, he couldn't say no.

Even he couldn't deny the fact that he was the sweetest thing, and loved the twins. He was nothing like the lycans. He wasn't snarling and snapping every five seconds. Unless he sensed some kind of danger. It was nice having him around.

"Is that too tight?" Mia's soft voice lured Sophia from her thoughts.

"Oh, no. That's perfect." She assured mindlessly.

"Alright!" The brunette squeaked excitedly, "You're all done!"

Sophia inhaled, as she prepared to turn toward the floor length mirror stood right next to her. This was a moment a lot of women looked forward to. For Sophia, it was a moment she thought she'd never have.

She took small steps, circling around herself until she came face to face with her reflection, and her breath hitched. Luminous white silk hugged her perfectly, a white sash cinching her waist, giving the illusion of curves that she didn't have. A laced v-cut and ruffled sleeves that had slight jeweled detailing. She didn't veer far outside her comfort zone when it came to her hair. It was braided back, a few smaller braids weaved in with it and some curled pieces hung if front, framing her face.

"You look beautiful, Sophia." Mia said, as she admired her beauty for over her shoulder.

The white-haired woman allowed herself to smile before turning toward her friend, "Thank you, Mia." She embraced the brunette tightly, "I couldn't have done this without you."

"You're more than welcome." Mia smiled and hugged her back as tight as she could.

As they refined a few final details and Mia handed Sophia her bouquet consisting a variety of different flowers, a knock sounded from the bedroom door. 

"Who is it?" The pair asked simultaneously with a bit of suspicion. Knowing Karl, he'd try to sneak a peak.

A throat cleared and a deep voice traveled from the other side, "It's Chris."

Sophia sucked in a sharp breath. It was Chris coming to collect her, and that meant it was time. God, why was she so nervous? You'd think she was about to perform in front of millions by the way she felt. "Breath. Just breathe."

"Come in." She said as calmly as possible.

The door opened and his tall figure stepped in, "Are you..." He trailed off once he got a proper look at the woman before him. Blush creeped its way onto her cheeks as she dropped her head between her shoulders. The floorboards creaked under his heavy steps as he walked toward her in awe, "Sophia, you look...amazing."

She raised her gaze from the floor with a gentle smile, "Thank you." It was her turn to took a good look at him, "You don't look too bad yourself, Redfield." A white button down, tan suspenders, tan slacks and a little red bowtie. It was so different from his usual combative wear, he looked good.

He held his arms out to his side, showing off, a cocky smirk on his lips, "Right?"

Sophia stifled a chuckle and shook her head in amusement while he laughed at his own joke. There was a beat, then he gestured over his shoulder and out the door, "They're ready for you."

Mia clapped, "I better go round up the kids and take my seat." She rushed out of the room, sending an encouraging smile over her shoulder just before she was completely out of sight, "See you out there!"

Chris offered his arm out to Sophia, "Ready?" She stared at it for a moment, collecting her thoughts, steadying her heart, controlling her shaky breaths. Even when she threaded her arm through his, she wasn't sure she'd be able to move. Her feet felt like they were glued down, almost impossible to lift and take a step forward. "Soph." She lifted her eyes at the quiet call, "I got you." Chris stuck out his arm more, and with a gentle exhale, she hooked her arm around his.  He laid his hand over top hers, "Let's go get you married, huh?"

Sophia hadn't seen the final product until the her and Chris stepped onto the aisle leading to the arch. Even though it would be a small, intimate wedding; the extra guests being Ethan, Mia, Rose, Chris, and the officiant being a friend of Chris' from base, it was no less beautiful.

Lanterns hung from tree branches giving off a soft glow, flowers decorated the aisle. It reminded her of a secret garden. And at the end, under the white arch, was no other than her groom. Suited up to perfection, and smiling wide.

Her eyes locked onto his and everything seemed to calm. Each step was a little easier than the last, her breaths no longer uneven from nerves but from anticipation.

This was it.

At the end of the aisle, her and Chris pause. Karl shook Chris' hand, then as Sophia was passed along, Chris pressed a light kiss to her cheek. She steps up beside Karl, she sends a quick wave to the twins in their seats before turning back around. The pair giggle excitedly, and continue to, even when she turns back around. But, Mia thankfully manages to settle them down.  

Sophia looks out of the corner of her eye, and Heisenberg is doing the same. They didn't say anything to each other, they didn't have to. Everything was written on their faces and in their eyes. 

As the officiate begins the ceremony, Sophia intertwines her fingers with his and he gives her a squeeze of reassurance, a wave of pure content washing over her. 

A/N: This isn't my favorite chapter, but I was tired of putting it off. I'm sorry this isn't my best, and it's kinda lame. But, the next one will be the reception and it will just be good ol banter between the gang. Hang tight for me, haha.