ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀᴡᴀʀᴅꜱ

~TWO MONTHS AFTER THE DESTRUCTION OF THE VILLAGE~

Sophia wrapped her arms around the large man, having to stand in her tippy toes just to reach his neck. She hugged him tightly, "I can't thank you enough for this, Chris."

She could tell he was surprised by the sudden action as he held his arms out to the side for a second before engulfing her in his muscular arms, "It's no problem, Soph. It's the least I could do after all that you've done."

She fell back into her heels, leaving her hands on his shoulders looking in his eyes, returning his previous statement, "It's the least I could do, Captain Redfield."

After they escaped the village, they found that they had been using B.O.W's as soldiers. Over the past couple of months, Sophia has been helping Blue Umbrella locate BSAA operatives so they could figure out why. During the process, Chris had quickly become her good friend. And if it weren't for him, they wouldn't be leaving this compound.

Blue Umbrella weren't very ecstatic about letting the two most dangerous bio-weapons out into the world but, Chris was able to convince them otherwise.

The corner of his mouth lifted into a smile, "Don't be a stranger. You're welcome to visit anytime."

"Same to you," she extended to him sweetly. His gaze veered beyond her and the expression on his face switched in an instant.

"You should probably go. Your boyfriend is staring me down."

She looked her shoulder finding Karl leaned up against the helicopter with his arms crossed over his chest, a scowl on his face. She laughed with the slight shake of her head before solemnly looking back at the man in front of her. "Goodbye, Chris," she rose back up onto her toes and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek, "Stay safe for me."

"Bye, Soph..." he said with a sad smile, which she also had.

She didn't want to keep Karl waiting any longer, so she turned on her heels and strode toward the aircraft. They'd see each other again, she knew that for a fact. Karl looked even more pissed off that he did five seconds ago and she chuckled.

"What the hell was that?" He questioned once she was in ear shot of him, jealously seeping through.

She removed her leather bag from her back and set it on the seat inside the helicopter while answering him through a laugh, "I was saying goodbye."

"With a kiss?" He countered, his eyebrow raised high.

"On the cheek," she corrected confidently. She stepped toward him, gazing up at him through her eyelashes. Her finger curled around a loop on his black pants and pulled her body close to his, "Don't you worry, Heisendork...I've only got eyes for you."

He smirked at the use of the nickname he's grown accustomed to hearing her say, leaning his face down toward hers, stopping just before her lips, "You better." He urgently pressed his mouth into hers and an amused smile made its way onto her lips during the kiss.

A throat clearing is what caused them to pull away and Sophia's cheeks went red from embarrassment while Karl smiled proudly. The pilot stood off to the side, "Are you two ready?"

"Yes, I'm terribly sorry," the crimson-eyed woman apologized.

"I'm not," Heisenberg commented under his breath receiving an elbow in the side from Sophia.

"We're ready," she said. The pilot nodded then climbed into the front seat and the couple started to do the same. The propellers above started to spin and the engine roared making it almost impossible to hear anything other than the sound of your own voice. Slowly, it rose off the ground into a hover and Sophia watched from her window as things already started to get smaller, the anticipation she felt growing bigger.