ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇꜱ ʙᴇɢɪɴ

"Come back with me," Karl whispered into her shoulder, then popped his head up to look at her.

She returned his gaze and sent him a sympathetic smile. It's not that she didn't want to, she just thought with everything that was going on, it wasn't the best idea. Nor did she did want things to move too quickly between them. I mean, five minutes ago she was still convinced she hated him and they just had their first kiss thirty seconds ago. She just needed time, "I--"

Karl had a feeling he already knew her answer and interrupted her before she could say anything, "There's a few things we need to finalize with the plan."

A small smile found a way onto her lips at his attempt to convince her to go. It was a good reason, she'll give him that but, she found it hard to believe that was the only reason.

She rose his hand to the side of his face and looked at him tenderly, "I'll admit I like you..." The start of the sentence makes him roll his eyes and huff, "I just need some time."

She stared up at him with pleading eyes, and he sighed in defeat, "Of course, I understand."

The corner of her mouth lifted at his response, then she rose onto her toes and placed a kiss on his cheek, "I'll see you in the morning...we've got locals to hunt."

"I'll pick you up," he shouted after her as she started to walk away.

She glanced over her should with a sly grin and gave him a wink, "It's a date."

She heard his deep chuckle behind her and another smile found its way on her lips. She noticed she's smiled more in the last few days than she has in years. And Karl Heisenberg was the one bringing it out in her.

Once Sophia made it home, she crashed onto her bed as a wave of exhaustion coursed through her. She went over the events in the past day or so...a lot's happened. Finding Rose, Miranda leaving, the on-going endangerment of the villagers, Miranda coming back with Rose, the ceremony, her and Heisenberg. She could only imagine how the next few days are going to be. Quite honestly, she didn't even want to think about it.

Sophia jumped awake when a monstrous growl sounded outside her door, giving her a small heart attack. Knowing it was one of the lycans, she scrambled out of bed and scurried to the door swinging it open, "What is it?"

Karl was coming up the mountain, with his hammer over his shoulder, just as the Sophia was receiving a response and he could gather by the worry that was written over her face, something was wrong. He dropped the hammer to the floor and rushed over, "What's going on?"

Sophia shot her eyes to him and spoke with disbelief, "There's a foreigner in the village."

Before Karl had any proper time to respond the ground rumbled underneath their feet and a powerful roar that could only come from one creature spanned across the land. "Urias," Sophia mumbled to herself.

"That can't be good," the man concluded turning to look in the direction of the noise.

The white-hair girl walked out of her home, not bothering to close the door behind her. "No, it can't," she agreed and the pair rushed off.

They stopped at an overlook to find the village in a lot worser shape than they left it in. Lycans surrounded the whole area, more than half the pack had to be out. Homes were on fire and Sophia couldn't even begin to fathom how that happened. Her eyes were following the line of them up the stream when she landed on a man with blonde hair and donned a tan jacket. It took her a second, but she recognized that face. She'd seen it a million times before through the eyes of Mia.