ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Four pairs of eyes stared at the spot where the chalice once was, a lone black feather slowing falling and taking its place. 

"Dammit!" Ethan cursed, kicking a rock that was in front of his foot out of frustration. Sophia veered an apologetic gaze to the blonde, she couldn't imagine what he was going through. Even after all that he had done, Miranda got away anyway. Though, not all was lost. 

"Ethan?" Mia approached her husband from behind and he spun around at the sound of her voice. 

He breathed her name in relief, "Mia." The couple embraced and Sophia's lip quirked up into a small smile at their reunion. 

"Soph," the crimson eyed girl snapped her head in the direction of Heisenbergs voice. "You okay," he asked worriedly while removing his hat from his head and holding it in front of his chest. 

She nodded, despite all that had just happened, the discovery of her newfound ability included, "I'm okay." The pair strode toward one another, meeting in the middle, "I could use a little help with these though," she said through a smile, raising her chained wrists into the space between them. 

He chuckled with the slight shake of his head, how she was managing to make light out of this situation was beyond him. He curled his fingers and flipped his hand, so his palm faced the sky. He stretched out his fingers and the restraints broke away, dropping to the ground with a clang. 

"Thank you," she said graciously as they gazed lovingly into one another eyes. 

He lifted his hand up and cupped the side of her face that wasn't swollen, "Anytime." Slowly, he dipped his head down to connect their lips and Sophia held her breath, preparing for what was to come. Her hands roamed up the front of his chest and linked behind his neck, quickening this process that she concluded was taking way too long. 

Her mouth molded with his, sending electricity through her body. His hand that was originally holding his hat, which Sophia assumed had found a place on the ground, snaked around her waist and pulled her body flush with his. 

Their heavy breaths were synchronized as they disconnected and their foreheads fell together, relishing the moment. Two days, that's how long they'd been apart, but it had felt like forever. 

Miranda's words echoed in her head, "You made her weak." A few days ago, Sophia might have believed those words. They would have been all she needed to hear to flip the switch and walk away. Be the witch's little pet. But a few minutes ago, she was controlling Miranda. She wasn't just seeing through her eyes, she could feel her power and use it. She couldn't exactly say how she did it, but she knows what pushed her over the edge. 

Karl. 

Sophia saw him being choked. She saw Miranda killing him and that's when she really realized she couldn't live without him. If she lost him, she will have lost every good thing that has ever happened to her and it will have all been because of Miranda. And she was tired of it. Tired of allowing her control her life. No more being scared. 

The young woman tilted her head up, a smile of content on her lips and Heisenberg mimicked her movements. The corner of his mouth curved upwards and his eyebrows raised slightly at the expression on her face, "What?" 

She chuckled softly, "Nothing." She brought one her to the front of his face, dragging it over the scar on his lip, "I--" 

Sophia is cut short by a loud bang and seconds later Karl's shoulder flinches forward, "What the fuck?" He whips around, placing himself protectively in front of her, his arm keeping her behind his back. 

Sophia's eyes snap confusingly to his shoulder blade and she see's a small hole, "Is that a gun shot?" Heisenberg scans the surrounding area and Sophia peaks over him, trying to look as well. She notices that Ethan and Mia are looking around with puzzled expressions, though not as concerned as the other two. Maybe because they weren't the ones being shot at.

Her eyes narrowed on a spot in the mountain side where she noticed a shape that resembled a person hiding behind a rock. Then she saw a gun and focused on the face hiding behind it, "Is that...?" 

It sounded like Karl noticed too, "Redfield," he growled, finishing her thought. 

"Great," she said to herself as he started reloading the weapon. "Karl," she whispered warningly. 

The man turned his attention to the blonde, "Ethan! Some--" The gun fired again, but he was fast enough to stop it this time. It fell to the floor and Heisenberg spoke through a clenched jaw, "He shoots again...I won't be hesitant to send it back." 

Ethan acted quicker this time, telling Mia to stay put and rushing over to stand in front of them, waving his hands in the air. Sophia watched Chris' little head pop out from behind the scope, baffled by Ethans actions, then disappeared behind the boulder. 

After a few minutes of waiting, they could see the incredibly well built man and his team storming at them. Ethan glanced over his shoulder to talk to Sophia and Karl, "Let me do the talking, okay?" 

Karl remained in his position as they aimed their weapons on him and Sophia, "Ethan, get back!" 

The blonde rushed up, holding his hands out trying to deescalate the situation, "Chris! Listen, they aren't the bad guys!" 

"Are you kidding?! They're with Miranda!" Redfield shouted back, he gaze switching between the couple who weren't necessarily showing any sort of fear. 

"No! They want to take down Miranda! She saved my life, Chris!" Ethan told him, pointing back toward Sophia who sent him a sympathetic smile. 

Chris jutted his chin toward Heisenberg, "And him?" 

"Believe me," Karl growled, "If I were really with Miranda, you'd all be dead by now." 

The Blue Umbrella team held their positions strongly and didn't relax until Chris did, "Weapons down." He leaned down to Ethan, "Can I talk to you...privately." The blonde nodded and the he turned back toward his team, "Watch them." 

Sophia, who would admit was getting slightly nervous, intertwined her fingers with Karls. He softly smiled at the sudden act and gave her a reassuring squeeze, "Don't worry, Soph. They need us." 

A/N: Here you guys go. Some fluff for you, but mostly filler. Sorry about that. More interesting stuff in the next one! Much love, Maddie <3